1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - An overview of types of Kratom (Please review before posting new experience threads)

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Alfa, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o Male from The Netherlands
    An Overview of Types of Kratom.

The following overview lists most of the known types of kratom herb/leaf, alkaloids, extracts, and isolates that exist or are available. Please use this thread to post any suggestions and/or comments regarding this overview, and to post any other types of kratom that should be added to the list which have been overlooked.

Also...
    Please review this list before starting a new experience thread in the kratom sub-forum. To prevent multiple threads for experience reports on the same types of kratom, which in turn, make them difficult to find and access... This list should be used for posting experience reports, and to help everyone to easily locate them. If a specific type of kratom has a dedicated Kratom Experiences thread, then it will show in blue hypertext. By clicking on any of these kratom types listed below, it will link you to its dedicated experience thread.

If a type of kratom already has a dedicated experience thread, but is missing from this list... then please post the link to that thread. Thanks.:)

Kratom Herb Leaf...

Boiluk Kratom
    De-stemmed Thai Kratom
    Genetically Grown MaEng Da Thai Kratom
    Green Sumatra Wild Kratom
    Green Veined Borneo Kratom
    "Indian Kratom"
    Maeng Da Malaysian Kratom
    Maeng Da Thai Kratom
    Maeng Da Thai “Pimp Grade Kratom” Leaf
    Maeng Da Thai “Pimp Grade Kratom” Powder
    Mitragyna Javanica
    Mitragyna Parvifolia
    Premium Commercial Bali Powder
    Premium Commercial Bali Powder
    Premium Indo Powder Kratom
    Private Reserve Kratom Leaf
    Red Vein Indo Kratom
    Red Veined Malaysian kratom
    Red Vein (Thai) kratom
    Red Veined Borneo Kratom
    Sandara Green Vein Indo Kratom
    Sandara Red Vein Indo Kratom
    Senja Indo Kratom
    Sundanese Indo Kratom
    Super Green Malaysian Kratom
    Super "Reserve" Indo Kratom
    Super Strength Kratom Powder
    Thai Kratom Crushed Leaf
    Thai Kratom Powder
    Whole Leaf Korth Kratom
    Yellow Malaysian Kratom

Kratom extracts

Bali Kratom Resin Extract
    "Executive" Kratom Extract
    Full Spectrum Kratom
    Kratom 10:1 Tincture
    kratom 10x resin
    Kratom 30x Extract
    Kratom 80x super concentrate liquid
    Kratom Extract 250x extract
    "Kratom Pure Alkaloids"
    Kratom Standardized 10x Extract
    Kratom Standardized 15x Extract
    Lyophilized (Purified) Kratom Extract
    New Guinea 20x kratom Extract

Kratom Alkaloids

7-Acetoxy mitragynine
    7-hydroxy-mitragynine
    Mitragynine
    7% mitragynine Extract

Enhanced Blends

Kratom Gold
    Kratom Black Label
    Ultra Enhanced Indo Kratom.
    Ultra Enhanced Thai kratom
    Kratom Resin Freebase Snuff
    Omega Enhanced Leaf kratom?

Extracts listed as percentages:

Standardized Extract 54% Alkaloids
    Standardized Extract 7% Mitragynine
    41% Full Spectrum Extract
    7-OHM Blend

What products have I missed?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2010
  2. Nesthead

Nesthead Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Michigan, U.S.A.
    Re: An overview of types of Kratom

Maeng Da Thai “Pimp Grade Kratom” Leaf is the same as the "Genetically Grown" listed above it--all Maeng Da is (contrary to the recent efforts of certain vendors to deny this and pass off other strains as types of "maeng da").
    The "Red Vein Indo" is the same as "Super Green Indo" (counter-intuitive, I know...)
    In addition to alkaloids and extracts, there are enhanced blends, i.e., leaf with extracts or alkaloids added to it. UEThai goes in the category of enhanced blends.
    There is also the Super "Reserve" Indo, not to be confused with Super Green Indo--to my knowledge this has only one source. Then there is "Sundanese" Indo (named for the Sunda Islands).
    Sumatran Indo
    Red Borneo
    Green Borneo
    There are two types of Red Vein Thai, also a Green Vein Thai.
    The "true" Red Vein Thai is scarcer and more expensive, and has a deep brick red/chocolate colour and an unmistakable pungent odor.
    The kratom commonly sold as "Red Vein Thai" is much more common and not as strong.

3. AceOvArts

AceOvArts Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.

Ok, here are some more that are not on the list so far

Kratom Herb
    Boiluk Kratom
    Super Golden Indo
    Super Green Indo (SWIM was not aware that this has any link to Red Vein Thai - SWIM has tried both and feels they are different strains)
    Premium Green Vein Indo
    Premium Red Vein Indo
    Premium White Vein Indo
    Sandara Green Vein Indo
    Sandara Red Vein Indo
    Senja Indo
    Green Sumatra Wild Kratom
    Premium Wildcrafted Maylasian
    Super Maeng Da Maylasian
    Premium Yellow Maylasian
    Premium Widcrafted Thai
    Premium Green Vein Thai
    Wildcrafted Red Vein Thai

I will research some Extracts before I post a list

Ohh yes to answer your question about UEThai, well its the Thai version of UEI basically. Enhanced with the more uplifting alkaloids rather than the more sedating that UEI is enhanced with. For what its worth you can get UEBali and UEMaylasian too (Though these are enhanced with UEI).

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  4. Nesthead

Nesthead Silver Member

Reputation Points:

A link was not claimed between red vein Thai and Super Green Indo. It was pointed out that red vein Indo is the same as Super Green Indo.

Red Vein Indo is already on the list. The "Premium" is basically a meaningless word used by vendors to highlight the quality of their product, and does not indicate a different strain from those which lack the word "premium" in front of them. The same goes for the "Premium Green Vein Thai" you also mention--same as ordinary Green Vein Thai.
    Green vein of any strain, BTW, is the same as white vein.

There are several UEThais on the market--three of which I am aware. the "original" is indeed the Thai version of UEI as you say. The others are enhanced blends and are said to be less potent than the "true" UEThai--but they are still marketed as UET.
    There also exists a "wildcrafted Green Vein Thai." My cat, Pease, has tried the wildcrafted and she swears that it feels exactly the same as the farm-grown green vein Thai.
    :thumbsup:

5. AceOvArts

AceOvArts Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.

Thanks for carification Nesthead, and yes you are correct on the red vein Indo/Golden Indo thang, my bad on that.
    Im surprised that you say green is the same as white vein as it is offered by the same vend. But then that is the problem with building a list like this, a vendor can call the same thing by any funky namehe/she wishes.

6. Nesthead

Nesthead Silver Member

Reputation Points:

True that, vendor names are one of the problematic aspects of kratom strain classification for sure!
    I'm surprised that a green vein and white vein are offered by the same vendor; in the few ethnobotanical reports available on kratom it is always asserted that the term green vein/white vein is applied to the same leaf, and my cat Pease tells me that this is the accepted view among many knowledgeable American kratom users. No telling what vendors might call their leaf though; I recently saw a "pink vein" being offered, I think it was an Indo. And who knows, there might actually be a distinction between white/green vein of which most are unaware. :thumbsup:

7. Alfa

Reputation Points:

What alkaloids, extracts and enhanced blends exist?

8. Electrolingus

Electrolingus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Male from ukraine

The Superior Red Veined Borneo (which some vaguely label as "High Oxindole Kratom") claims to be unusually high in indole/oxindole/methoxyoxindole alkaloids, yet not high in the less desirable antagonistic alkaloids. Gus feels this is a true statement, but attempts to get any analytical data that supposedly exists on this or any other strain of Kratom (with numerous vendors), has been ineffective.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  9. DXMBunny

DXMBunny Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

41% full spectrum extract comes in resin crystals or in a tincture, seems to contain the sedating/relaxing alkaloids... claims to have 17% mitragynine 7% 7OHM and the rest of the other alkaloids respectively in kratom...

also have seen a straight 7OHM pure blend, but this one has swim confused since swim has read that 7OHM has to be attached to other alkaloids otherwise it must be in a tincture, and swim sees this available in powder form... so is it true that it can not be a powder by itself, or is it possible?

10. AceOvArts

AceOvArts Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.

From a trusted supplier, his description of a pure 7OHM blend is this :
    55% Mitragynine
    10% 7OHM
    and the remainder are the other kratom alkaloids!
    This is enhanced with much more 7OHM than naturally present in leaf.
    100mg of 7OHM / Gram

11. DXMBunny

DXMBunny Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

well swim is an idiot, he read that before but recently has only read the name and just figure pure meant pure, plus the damn stuff is expensive. most expensive extract swim has seen, 7x-10x the price of UEI per gram.

12. semaj

semaj Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

Sundanese Kratom
    swim recently saw on a vendors website and sounds interesting. swiy ever heard of such? swim was wanting to order some as the description is :

"
    This is limited and very special kratom. There might be stronger kratom but this Alkaloid mix is about perfect. A perfect mixture of up and down. If there was one and only one to live with this would be it. IS NOT ENHANCED, but you will think it is. This is about perfect Kratom if there is such a thing. New personal favorite. The Sundanese are an ethnic group native to the western part of the Indonesian island of Java. They number approximately 31 million. This Sundanese is in Indonesia. "

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2009
  13. Alfa

Reputation Points:

Could someone post an updated version of my list?

14. AceOvArts

AceOvArts Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.

A lot of vendors sell "Full Spectrum Tincture" and on researching the various prices it does seem that this a common name for a very good quality tincture. Though is hard to say this tincture comes from the same source

15. Alfa

Reputation Points:

I posted an example here: Boiluk Kratom

Please post experience threads for all different kratom types.

16. Electrolingus

Reputation Points:
    Male from ukraine

Any Kratom types or varieties that I did not start a thread for, are the ones I am unsure of (including all Premium, Super, UE, and Wildcrafted Kratom).

Is "Commercial" a term that is still used? With Bali Kratom, it's usually just; Bali Kratom Powder, Premium Bali Kratom, Super/Superior Bali Kratom, etc... Can anyone else comment on this.

Please post anything that has been left out, as well as any errors or changes that need to be made. :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  17. Alfa

Reputation Points:

I found these kratom types:

Super Green Indonesian Kratom
    Golden Indonesian Kratom
    Premium Indonesian Kratom
    Premium Wildcrafted Malaysian Kratom
    Super Malaysian Maeng Da Kratom
    Premium Wildcafted Thai Kratom
    Super Green Thai Kratom
    Super Premium Red Vein Thai Kratom

Druidically Enhanced Indo Kratom
    Druidically Enhanced Malaysian Kratom
    Druidically Enhanced Thai Kratom
    Enhanced Golden Indonesian Kratom
    Enhanced Green Indonesian Kratom
    Enhanced Green Malaysian Kratom
    Enhanced Red Vein Thai Kratom
    Indonesian Sunrise Blend
    Indonesian Sunset Blend
    Kratom 20X Indo Extract
    Kratom 25X Indo Extract

I'm not sure if any of these are the same as something already listed. Does anyone know?

18. Electrolingus

Reputation Points:
    Male from ukraine

I'm unsure if terms like Premium, Super, Superior, etc, have anything to do with the actual strain or variety of the Kratom. That is to say that a certain vendors Premium could very well be the same as another vendors Super. As far as the term 'Enhanced', I believe that this denotes genetic enhancement or cross strains. However, since there is no specific regulation on Kratom, one could basically label a variety however they want.

19. semaj

semaj Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

20. Bajeda

Bajeda Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

I believe "enhanced kratom" is when they perform an alkaloid extraction of some sort and then add it to powdered leaf, thus "enhancing" it. At least this seems to be how it is explain when vendors provide detailed descriptions of the product.