anadenanthera colubrina alkaloids??

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by aminorex, Sep 8, 2006.

1. aminorex

aminorex Newbie

Reputation Points:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  2. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    According to my reading, that species is called Cebíl. Yopo is Anadenanthera peregrina.

Here's a quote from James Pendell:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Yopo contains a few different alkaloids, as you likely know. The percentage would have to do with the place they were grown - year by decade. Only through chromatography would one be able to know the exact percentages of each. There is no magic formula yet devised.

Hahaha! Radio! You're such a cut-up!

4. radiometer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    see edited post above - a. colubrina contains only bufotenine. Yopo is a. peregrina.

5. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    You may well try to sprout them and plant them.

6. radiometer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  7. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    I changed the title as we do not seem to be discussing yopo, but anadenanthera colubrina.

8. radiometer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    While I've got the page out and we're on the topic, here's an interesting fact: cohoba (another common name for a. colubrina) is, according to Rätsch, the namesake of the Island of Cuba.

9. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    I could not find alkaloid(besides the unwanted 5-OH-DMT) content for any anadenanthera species. SWIM expected to find some on medline. Aminorex, has You got any clue on what You has?

10. radiometer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Based on the quotes I've copied above, it would seem that Christian Rätsch's book Encyclopedia of Psychoactive Plants would be a helpful reference for anyone interested in either species.

As for what You may or may not actually have, it seems to me most logical that a seller mislabelled a. culobrina as Yopo, perhaps not knowing that the alkaloids present in each had been shown to be different. But I wouldn't count on that!

11. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Piptedinia Peregrina?

Regards can it be grown in the UK? Yes. Build a greenhouse and pray.

Yopo was generally blown up the nose, or anus, of the partakers. Seems bufotenine may not be too enjoyable. And it's illegal. But Art Kleps might name the grower of it :"The Keeper of the Divine Toad."

Hop!

12. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Since it doess not seem to be on medline, the study may be very hard to find online. I did find this one, but could not open it:
    Anadenanthera: source of the classic tryptamine-containing snuffs of the new world. Written by von Reis Altschul S

Your best bet would be the library and if you have a large book collection on psychoactives that would be the first place to look.

13. Demonslayer

Demonslayer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    The seeds can be smoked as they are, remove the dark skin though, it tastes like sh*t and does not give any buzz. I found the smoke to be strange (tastes like plastic/peanutbutter), but acceptable. The first effect to hit you is a strong urge to puke (very intense), but then beautiful colorful beads and circles, swirling and dancing in space. A strange feeling of a presence that comunicates telepathically, but none of the time and space distortion that other tryptamines give.

14. azrael2600

azrael2600 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yopo

I has smoked yopo alswell with only minor effects.
    although I has tried yopo snuff with the same minor effects.
    mild dissorientation,change in thought process, sweating, and closed eye visuals.
    nothing I would get to excited over though.

15. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    the primary alkaloid is bufotenine of which it can contain up to a whopping 5% the major alkaloid believed to be its intoxicating agent would be 5-meo-DMT which it can contain between .50 and .72% by weight. minor alkaloids contain DMT and NMT but not at viable levels.

16. Demonslayer

Reputation Points:
    The seeds were colubrina. I tried eating the seeds (8 seeds), this also gave the same intense nausea, though it lasted longer, so the nausea is from the drug, not the smoke. The seeds (2-3 seeds) were smoked in a bong without any other herbs. Lightly roasting the powdered seeds in a frying pan helped combustion but the will burn anyway as long as you keep the flame over the pipe.
    I haven't tried n,n-DMT or 5-MeO-DMT, so he cant compare. The presence of entities felt like salvia, but there was no loss of the reality feeling. SWIM still felt like he was in his room, there was no distortion of time, no feeling of unity with the universe, no philosophical insights. The visuals were very like what I have seen others paint their DMT and ayahuasca experinces. Serpent-like forms with colorful beaded skin, pulsating marbles, large rotating circles within other rotating circles in a large temple hall. A bit like shroom-visuals but without the spiney fraktal forms. No burning sensation, but the nausea was centered in the throat, almost like a tightening I guess.

17. radiometer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    a. columbrina is not mentioned by name in this document. Are "piptadenia Colubrina" and "anadenanthera Colubrina" synonymous?

18. radiometer

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thanks, I should have looked it up myself and you could have just said UTFgoogle. :)

19. Demonslayer

Reputation Points:
    Even if anadenanthera colubrina contains mostly bufotenine, the experience seems a lot like the way n,n-DMT is described. Since I have not tried both I can't compare them, but there must be someone out there that can enlighten us to the differences/similarities.
    The only DMT source we can get in Norway is wild phalaris grass, since customs stops all shipments of materials contaning DMT except seeds. Are there any seeds wich contain mostly DMT? Homegrown psychotria viridis is also a possible source but it's are damned hard to get the seeds to germinate.

20. Demonslayer

Reputation Points:
    Okey dokey, I will buy seed pods next time.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006