1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Drug info - Anthing to increase metabolism?

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by Pharmacon23, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Pharmacon23

Pharmacon23 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Aug 24, 2006
    I have a really nasty metabolism, which means really slow. That means he's not eating more than he needs, hes eating healthy, but he puts on weight, and is in a miserable physical condition. I once knew a girl that had a extremely speedy metabolism (she was skinny and lost weight even if she ate tons of food). She finally decided to get something to slow her metabolism and that way she got her problem under control.

I was wondering if there is anything that works the other way (increases the metabolism). Should swim try clenbuterol???
  2. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Oct 16, 2005
    from U.K.
    First of all You needs to get checked out by a doctor: Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) is a common cause of weight gain with a normal/reduced food intake.

From what she can recall:

Clenbuterol is a B adrenergic agonist, primarily used as a bronchodilator. It also increases blood pressure, oxygen transportation and acts as a CNS stimulant.

It is thermogenic and reduces the rate at which glycogen is stored by the body and increases fat and protein utilisation.

She knows it is banned by the IOC as a performance enhancing drug.

She also vaguely remembers some studies linking it to cardiomyopathy (stiffening of the heart muscle) but would have to dig for those.

AnyYou with any more info?
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2006