anti-deppressants COMPLETELY numb comedowns

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by izzy31, Jan 22, 2007.

1. izzy31

izzy31 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from turkmenistan
    I think effexor is utterly useless and an anti-depressant (at least from his experience).

But, he finally found ONE useful effect of the drug - It completely numbs and neutralizes a crash and makes the user completely forget they're coming down off of amphetamines -

You don't even realize it's happening. By the time I remember he took an effexor to numb the comedown, it's usually been over for a few hours already.

"oh yeah wasn't I like pissed off at something awhile ago? what was it?"

SWIM suggests that before trying to use it for that purpose, you might want to test it out first in a controlled environment (a friend to keep an eye on you maybe) because it may trigger a violent psychotic rampage in which you are literally insane, and feel strong homocidal thoughts and paranoia. For an hour, I thought the idea he called "kill them because they're in on the conspiracy plot against me and will exist until they complete they're mission of making sure that I'm as miserable as can be."

2. svenghali

svenghali Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    Interesting results. Well, be really really careful with Effexor, SWISven's friend was prescribed a while ago and he had some really awful withdrawl symptoms...

3. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    hmmm might not be a great idea simply because from what I has heard effexor commonly triggers seizures and because of that taking it following a big amphetamine binge might just be a set up for some bad times... but who knows, thats just swims two cents

4. HorseBox

HorseBox Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from antigua_and_barbuda
    Trazodone does this too. Trazodone is an SARI (serotonin antagonist reuptake inhibitor) has weak SSRI properties but its main effects are as a serotonin antagonist. It also blocks a1 adrenaline receptors which is partly responsible for the sedation it causes. Its brilliant for getting to sleep after being on amps. Mirtazapine is another SARI but it also blocks acetylcholine and histamine receptors so it may work even better.

5. luap

luap Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from U.S.A.
    My Great Dane has been on Prozac for about 6 weeks and noticed the comedown and cravings aren't near what they used to be.....

On the downside though his friends Tramadol and Hydrocodone don't seem to like him as much anymore...
    the buzz from them is just gone.....

6. Impure157

Impure157 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Personally I would not mess with Venlafaxine (effexor) for any reason unless absolutely necessary.

I was prescribed it for depression and it has one of, if not the worst side-effect profile of anything I've ever done. Many of them can occur after even a single dose. For instance, the sleeping issues it commonly causes, which I've seen leave people wholly exhausted for a few days afterward has happened to everyone I know that has ever taken it. That doesn't even begin to cover the dangerous ones like the reduction in seizure threshold which was already mentioned.

The absolute worst though is the withdrawal, that can happen after missing just a single dose after only a week of taking it. The symptoms can become so unbearable and last for so long, that for some people it makes suicide seem appealing.