Any info about lexotanil (bromazepam) effectiveness

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by froogli, Apr 6, 2019.

1. froogli

froogli Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from Thessaloniki, Greece
    Hello.
    Doctor has prescribed my lexotanil for my stress.It works in setting like interviews.But when it comes to socializing it doesnt do anything.
    We are talking about a dose of one pill 3mg once every two weeks more or less.I am searching the forums but it's mostly about xanax.

Does anyone have some info about lexotanil in social environments???

2. Transmogrify

Transmogrify Silver Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    21 y/o from Australia
    From what you're saying I presume you've been prescribed Bromazepam for when times get really tough, when you're very anxious or having panic attacks.
    Most of the time benzodiazepines have a very calming effect on people... whether they're in an interview, in a social environment, or sitting around watching TV.

I recommend you only take it when you really need it. This sort of medication can cause addiction very quickly, and the withdrawals are terrible.

Here's the link to the bromazepam 'wiki' on this forum, I hope it helps
    https://drugs-forum.com/wiki/Bromazepam?highlight=bromazepam

3. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Imperial Wizzard Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany, Federal Republic of
    That is a field where you either have or have not success with benzodiazepines.
    For the 'not success' group the effectivity seems to be not more than placebo.
    Sadly you belong to that group, obviously.
    From what I read there are drugs of the tricyclic antidepressiva class that seem to work for people who have had no success with benzos.
    That's something you'd need to talk about with your prescribing practitioner.

For me personally benzos don't do anything against what anxiety I had.
    I tried them all, I believe. It became better with stressful anxiety in social situations when I got sertraline, an antidepressivum of the SSRI class.
    What helped more, though, were the twenty or so sessions I had with a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist. The only antidepressiva I take today is mirtazapine, in a very low dose as a hypnotic, because it helps fall asleep much better than I can on my own. Doesn't even give me a hangover.

Hope someone with better benzo experience/knowledge chimes in, I am so free to tag members @aemetha and @staples to come have a look and some words.
    BBW

4. aemetha

aemetha Sexy Potato Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from New Zealand
    @froogli could you please provide some more information about exactly what you're experiencing in social situations, and confirm or deny whether you're diagnosed with social anxiety disorder. It's easier to provide advice if we can establish what exactly the medication is intended to address.

5. froogli

froogli Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks anyone for the input so far.
    Ok, i will be more thorough.
    I am diagnosed with social anxiety.
    Well in social situations my mind just freezes and i can't move.Or a my psychiatrist said "Your stress is so much that you lose your identity" if it makes sense.
    On the other hand in other stressful situations there is like a lot of stress,but with one pill it becomes totally managable.For example when i was trying to get a job.

6. aemetha

Reputation Points:
    from New Zealand
    Can you elaborate on what you mean by social situations. Basically, is it more of a performance anxiety where you're worried about performing for an audience, or a social anxiety where you are worried about what regard people might have for you.

7. froogli

froogli Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It's about what other people will think.

8. aemetha

Reputation Points:
    from New Zealand
    How long before the social situation are you taking it?

9. froogli

froogli Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Like an hour beforehand.

10. aemetha

Reputation Points:
    from New Zealand
    Try taking it a few hours before then. The peak onset is apparently a bit variable, from anywhere between 30 minutes to 4 hours. Try more around the 4 hour mark and see how that goes for you.

11. EternalEmbrace

EternalEmbrace Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from The World
    I hope I will not be misinterpreted as someone who is encouraging another member to use more addictive drugs.

But 3mg Bromazepam is equivalent to 5mg Diazepam (Valium), which is equivalent to 0.25mg Alprazolam.

It just might be a low dosage for you.

Talk to your doctor about the dosage.

Best of luck to you!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019