1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Opinions - ANY muscle relaxers worth using recreationally?

Discussion in 'Downers and sleeping pills' started by bigloader, Nov 17, 2007.

1. bigloader

bigloader Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was wondering if there were any muscle relaxers worth using for recreational purposes and/or for an effective sleep aid?

2. Cannibalistic_Lizard

Cannibalistic_Lizard

Reputation Points:
    Soma, but be careful there are some that look EXACTLY like it, but the suck. Robaxin or something seems like it was it

3. Raw edge

Raw edge Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Soma works well as a sleep aid. There is a lil bit of rec use in it, but not a whol lot.

4. ganja dude

ganja dude Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Soma is awesome. One thing that annoys SWIM about it though is that it takes a while to kick in so I would take one 1-2 hours

5. trptamene

trptamene Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Swim loves soma recreationally..soma w/ a few percocet and he'll be set.

6. Metomni

Metomni Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Skelaxin makes me feel awesome, but he has to take quite a bit.

7. Digemlo

Digemlo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    A friend of mine snorted a single Skelaxin (does not remember dosage currently--1 large pink one?) and felt no noticeable effects. Wayyyy too much powder, too.

But he never tried more than that--did You just take it? How many?

8. Metomni

Metomni Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have a miserable back at times so he has a minor tolerance, but he can get high from orally ingesting 3 of the same pills You spoke of.

9. nEone

nEone Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Soma can be great - I find that the key to enjoying muscle relaxers recreationally is to take them with a *SMALL* amount of alcohol (ie. one or two beers, or a glass of wine or SWIM's pretentious favorite...a glass of port.)

The obvious and giant disclaimer here is that overdoing the booze is a SURE way to pass the hell out into a dangerous coma of suck. Don't go out and do six shots of vodka with a stack of muscle relaxers - think of it more of a kick-start than a true combo. Drinking enough to get tipsy is drinking too much.

10. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Please use pharmaceutical/generic names rather than brand names. Doing so will avoid confusion on this international forum

Soma = Carisoprodol
    Robaxin = Methocarbamol
    Skelaxin = Metaxolone
    Flexeril = Cyclobenzaprine
    Zanaflex = Tizanidine

Your Marmoset could also try UTFSE!

11. Digemlo

Digemlo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Cyclobenzaprine is pretty nice, from what a friend said.

12. static_vodka_420

static_vodka_420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I say skelaxin flexeril and soma are all very nice

13. penta

penta Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.S.A.
    I have yet to try it, but I has heard that soma is a pretty good muscle relaxer for recreational purposes. I have tried flexeril a few times (up to 40mg) and it doesn't have too much recreational purposes, but I feel very relaxed within 30 minutes after taking them.

If You really wants to get the most out of muscle relaxers, try combining a small dose of benzo's with a small dose of muscle relaxants. Swim recommends around 2mg of either xanax or klonopin and maybe 10 - 20 mg of flexeril or soma. Last time I took xanax with flexeril, I was in heaven for at least 8 hours.

14. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Please bear in mind that combining drugs with sedative effects increases those effects, with outcomes right through from oversedation, to possible coma and respiratory depression +/- death.

15. penta

penta Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.S.A.
    Yeah, that's always something that You should lookout for. If You is still interested in trying the benzo/muscle relaxant combo, maybe try with a smaller dose of benzos such as .5mg of klonopin or .5mg of xanax. Swim thinks that shouldn't cause too much sedation. And, if you are feeling really sedated, You could always drink a cup of coffee or drink an energy drink.

16. cmoney

cmoney Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Can Swim inject flexeril intramuscular???

17. neokeoki

neokeoki Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    I take 1-4 800mg skelaxin feel pretty good. feels mega ultra l33t if i mix with 80mg OC. I am lucky and has a doc that gives him the really good stuff tho swim spent a year or so trying weaker thing and reporting back to my doc they were not strong enough.

18. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    ^^^ Look at the post above yours, always include drug names, not just brand names. This makes things much clearer.

19. HighCountryHero

HighCountryHero Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I had given up on rec value of muscle relaxers for a while until he was prescribed Carisoprodol for his knee. 350mgs gives swim a light almost low benzo like buzz, 700mgs makes me goofy and lucid feeling for the first hour and quickly going into a nice laid back buzz 1050mgs+ and i'm not movin off the couch.
    A couple things that I think makes soma the best MR by a long shot: they don't make you nearly as sleepy as the others, they hit you fast as hell, so fast the initlial buzz is the funnest, a almost benzo like effect, sometime will make u wanna just sit down and smile, and they help minor aches and pains a lot. Swim likes flexeril OK too, but its buzz isn't quite as strong and a lil more sleepy.
    Swim still like to use MRs in combination with painers most the time though.
    Peace

20. kaczynski

kaczynski Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I wouldn't recommend cyclobenzaprine, I have taken it in high doses and basically just fell asleep. Certainly wasn't unpleasant but I didn't find it worth repeating.

Tags: