1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Experiences - Anyone ever tried Black Pepper / Loperamide?

Discussion in 'Codeine' started by apiffini, Feb 26, 2012.

1. apiffini

apiffini

Reputation Points:
    Been looking for ways to potentiate codeine and came across this combo. Loperamide if you don't know is an opiate that does not cross the blood brain barrier so you don't get high off it, just constipated. Apparently piperidine (found in pepper) could potentially allow some loperamide to cross the BBB. There is some speculation on the net but only a couple instances where someone actually tried it, and one of them has very positive results.

I have taken 3 2mg loperamide pills, and am sipping on some hot water with black pepper, about to dose about 80 mg codeine to see if there is a boost in effects.

So far I don't think I'll be able to down much pepper, it's giving me the hiccups and upsetting my stomach.

2. trdofbeingtrd

trdofbeingtrd Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    So that you don't get negative rep points, please use the search engine on the site, or UTFSE as they also say. There is so much written on this subject, this is for sure something that people will give you negative points for.

Okay, I have no clue why that link don't work, but here is a link to the whole concept you are talking about

https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140695&highlight=loperamide

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  3. apiffini

apiffini

Reputation Points:
    Huh? I made this thread to write my experience, not get info on loperamide...

4. trdofbeingtrd

trdofbeingtrd Palladium Member

Reputation Points:

Sorry, I took the question title as what the thread was for. My mistake, just trying to help.

5. apiffini

apiffini

Reputation Points:
    No worries, I can understand reading the title and thinking "Oh great another loperamide thread" but I've searched the subject quite a bit and there aren't too many experience reports and even fewer reports for using it as a potentiator.

It's been about an hour and for a brief minute it felt like the buzz would be more intense, but it could just be a placebo.

Also, I forgot to mention I am writing this report in the 1st person perspective of my pet goldfish :p

6. [tanarilla.]

[tanarilla.] Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Question: Does anyone actually know how potent Loperamide is once it crosses the BBB...? I mean, 2 mg could potentially be a 'huge' dose on your nervous system, considering 2-4mg is usually sufficient enough to stop moderate diarrhoea... Or not? Just wondering.

7. apiffini

apiffini

Reputation Points:
    Yeah I knew about that, there's some chemical process you can do (I won't pretend to understand it) that has to do with nanoparticles or something and it makes loperamide as potent as an 80 mg OC.

Anyways, it's been almost 5 hours since I dosed and I redosed about an hour ago and right now (just codeine).

There is definitely an added effect (I do codeine every day and it definitely feels different today). I'm not sure if the Black Pepper had anything to do with it but I can't eat anymore... Tomorrow might try just the Immodium by itself.

Also I'm reading that quinidine could work as well to help it cross the BBB, apparently it is found in tonic water.

8. BumpBump

BumpBump Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    mannitol which is an ingredient in some antacid tablets allows loperamide to cross the BBB i think.

9. AdeSL

AdeSL

Reputation Points:
    Sorbitol I think,there's a complex bit of chemistry involved,the result has to be IVed and if you get it wrong it is instant Parkinsonism.Not something to mess with,better to get some good gear.