Anyone ever use a Hurricane product?

Discussion in 'Cannabis paraphernalia' started by GForce, Feb 7, 2007.

1. GForce

GForce Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Haven't seen much talk about high quality glassware on this forum (not even much roor talk surprisingly) so I was wondering if anyone has ever smoked out of a Hurricane before. SWIM bought one to bring back to school after him and a bunch of friends split one for the summer. Was a great investment and it really is an amazing smoking device, but unfortunately the stem is broken. Normally this wouldn't matter but the stem is designed to work in a special way with the ashcatcher. He can't use the ashcatcher with a regular stem, but the main function of the bong still works fine. He's using a standard roor stem right now so he doesn't really smoke it too much (gets so dirty and digusting) and has really only been smoking joints.

Anyway the main feature of the bong is why the company is called Hurricane. When the glass is blown they either place 3 holes or 6 holes (turbo feature) that are extremely small into the top area. They are placed so that air comes in at a very small angle (almost perpindicular to the bong). When a hit is taken the smoke swirls inside like a tornado (perhaps a more suitable name?) at a high velocity and rubs resin on the glass. This is confirmed quickly by resin streaks the form by the holes and build up (in length and depth) very quivkly. The result is what I believe is the smoothest possible hit you could get from a bong. Roors hit nices and he's owned an Illadelph with a glycerin cooled coil for the smoke but neither have provided a smoother, better tasting hit. The Illadelph wins the prize from me for the biggest hit because when you exhaled your breath was literally cold, but if you took an extremely large hit you'd be in extreme pain for at least 2 minutes after exhaling. Overall I prefer the Hurricane to every other bong I've smoked because it is just very well rounded. Smoking it is not a painful, coughing-filled endeavour, even if you're taking huge hits.

Another thing to note that even though the bong is extremely expensive (can cost around $500 up to $1000+ depending on options/size) it is virtually indestructable. Hurricane is known for placing function over form, although the end result is still aesthetically very nice. When SWIM bought the bong he asked the guy in the store if the ashcatcher was strong. He responded by picking it up off of the counter and literally throwing it across the store onto the ground where it didn't break. The "feet" on the bottom are designed so that it makes it very difficult to knock over. In the case that it is knocked over, as it does fall over it rolls onto the two feet its falling over, onto the bottom of the main chamber bubble (where the water is), and then onto the other two "bubbles" on the bong. The bubbles, while seemingly an interesting design, are actually in place so that the energy from the fall is distributed over the entire pipe instead of in just one spot. The result is that no one spot on the bong recieves too much stress and so it doesn't fracture. In fact if it does fracture Hurricane will repair it for free.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2007
  2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Nice review!
    Here's a pic of the Hurricane:
    Hurricane_Frosted.jpg

3. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    ^^^
    Swia might have to by one , she has seen these around she likes nice cold bongs. but just likes collecting them it seems she has different colored glass bongs as well. She does love her plant vases.

4. GForce

GForce Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Only thing You has to worry about is how difficult they are to find. There are a few online vendors (2 maybe 3 max) and even fewer places in the US to buy them in person. I was lucky enough to live 15 minutes away from the only place that distributes them on the east coast (they're quoted in the wiki article too).

Tags: