1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Side effects - Anyone experience muscle tension from Bali kratom?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by torachi, Aug 17, 2011.

1. torachi

torachi Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This doesn't seem to happen with any other strain of Kratom, but with Bali I get some slightly painful muscle tension/cramping. It's most prominent in the back and neck region, the thighs and the forearms.

It's never bad enough to cause much worry, just an annoyance. It always goes away with the high. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

2. ellisd

ellisd Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I'm Currently experiencing what you describe above with Maeng Da kratom. I haven't had Bali in a couple of years and haven't used any another strain besides Maeng Da for months now so I really can't comment on Bali. Maybe it's a symptom of withdrawal as you say it goes away with the high and I can agree with the statement for myself.

3. TSBl0l

TSBl0l

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    If it goes away WITH the high, how would that be a withdrawal? Wouldn't this symptoms appear after the high passes?

But also, I have heard of people experiencing restless leg syndrome from kratom withdrawals.

4. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    TSBl01,the symptoms will appear sometime after the high has passed but just when this happens is dependent upon on different things. When my friend was addicted to kratom a single dose would stave off any symptoms of withdrawal for nearly 24 hours afterward. They didn't immediately reappear once the initial high wore off.

To the OP, leg cramping was a very common withdrawal symptom for me. It would of course go away with the high but come back by the time I needed to re-dose.

5. TSBl0l

TSBl0l

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    No, maybe I'm misunderstanding or you are, but if he experiences this during the high but then it dissipates as the high does...how would that be a withdrawal?

It would make sense if they started to appear as the high dissipates, but they start to disappear as it dissipates he says.

6. ellisd

ellisd Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    ^ Your right. I read it as the symptoms go away with the high (thought the OP meant when high) but I see now that the OP's problems go away when the high goes away.

I experience the opposite as stated before.

7. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Kratom is a very complicated plant with a large number of active alkaloids and a great variation from one plant to the next. The ferrets report that each new batch, all of which are from 'Bali', has been different in the degree of stimulation / sedation, potency and side effects. Muscle tension has never been a problem with the ferrets but the ferrets spend lots of time on the exercise wheel and may not appreciate it from their background soreness... The RLS sure is pronounced during withdrawal - en par with opiate withdrawal though other withdrawal symptoms are far less pronounced..

8. torachi

torachi Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Apologies for the confusion. The tension comes right along with the high. I'm not an opiate or kratom addict, so I don't go through withdrawls. It's definitely a side effects of the kratom. Most likely an alkaloid more prominent in the Bali. There are a few other side effects that come stronger with Bali, like itchiness and constricted pupils, but that also happens with other strains, just to a lesser degree.

Guess its just no more Bali for now. :thumbsdown:

9. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Keep in mind that not all bali's are created equal. The ferrets have gone through countless different batches and variation in potency and effects are common. Also the ferrets think sometimes some batches could be cut with other mitragya species like parvifolia or even other plants. Can't really tell when the leaves are crushed. Itchiness, constricted pupils and nausea are very common if not expected side effects of narcotics including kratom - usually a good sign in the ferret's opinions...

10. torachi

torachi Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Fantastic. Now that we have some basics on kratom consumption covered...

Has anyone experienced side effects such as described in the title, without it being related to withdrawal symptoms?

11. TSBl0l

TSBl0l

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Personally, I have not.
    But I have also never used basic bali kratom powder, but I will be using it for the first time tonight.

If I do experience anything like this with this strain, I will most definitely post about it here.

Did you experience nausea, dizziness, or shakes with this tension as well? If you did it could possibly be an OD symptom exclusive to you as we are all different in our reactions to drugs.

12. DriftAway

DriftAway Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I bought both bali and thai kratom for pain issues and i found that kratom actually made my tension headaches worse. I was very disappointed because I had such high hopes for kratom. I know this did not happen during WDs because I did feel euphoria. My minor WD's from kratom mainly consisted of a really hot flushed face and weird sweats muscle aches.

13. torachi

torachi Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Just dizziness and nausea, but not much beyond whats to be expected.

An OD, technically, would be any dosage that has undesirable side effects directly attributable to the amount taken, right? I suppose it is OD if that thought process is correct...

Very interesting. I've also found that kratom (in general) doesn't jive well to relieve tension headaches. And depending on strength and amount taken, the muscle pain Bali causes in my back/neck region can become rather nasty tension headaches.

I've not has this happen with the half dozen or so other leaf strains I've experimented on, and because of other obvious side effect discrepancies from Bali to others leads me to believe some alkaloid(s), found either only in Bali or most prominently in Bali, does not play nicely with something inside me.

14. TSBl0l

TSBl0l

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Pretty much.
    My first od was at about 12-13g. I felt good for about an hour but then started to get shaky, nauseous, and dizzy.

15. ellisd

ellisd Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    This is an interesting thread because it made me ask the following questions that I didn't know the answers to before >

Does Bali leaf mean it is a specific strain of Kratom or just where it originates from?

Can Bali leaf be of red vein, green vein, or white vein varieties?

Maybe people just need to confirm that their source of kratom is exactly what they ordered.

16. torachi

torachi Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    From what I know, Bali is also known as Borneo Red Vein and is indeed a specific strain. I'm unaware of any other names it goes by. But I didn't take any community college classes on identifying kratom strains, so that might not be completely accurate.

But thats a good question, and may deserve its own thread.

torachi added 9 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

More on that...my boy ianzombie says:

Read more: https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157794#ixzz1VcOI3nko

A helpful list of strains can be found here:

https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103917

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  17. ellisd

ellisd Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    On another forum I read that

Also read that red vein and caffeine mixed can cause some tension.

Not saying that this is your case torachi but maybe something others can consider?

Thanks for the links btw!

18. torachi

torachi Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That's quite possible. I'm not in any denial about my crippling addiction to coffee. I will have to abstain it from next time I go for the Bali and look more into this. Thank you.

19. spliffmac

spliffmac Silver Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I also have the same similar experience as you got Torachi. Bali strain seem to give me sore/ache tension legs after the high. I only use one every week with a maximum 15g dose for one evening and sore legs appear the next day and lasted me for 2 weeks. Very annoying!! Even it happened to me from last year when only use them once a week and then abstain for one year, try again for one evening and it came back again! First Bali strain from the same vendor was fine but the second Bali strain on 2nd order from same vendor gave me the sore legs symptom.