Experiences - Anyone have any experience with Lorazepam?

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by Gahaba22, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Gahaba22

Gahaba22 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    The drug you speak of is lorazepam. It is a benzodiazapene called Ativan. It is used for anxiety and seizures. It is a medium duration acting downer which has a shorter half life than valium. They are not quite as dangerous as xanax due to the relatively longer half-life that Ativan has over xanax. I would predominately use these to come down off of harder, stimulant-like drugs.

Thanks,

Geeb

2. Gahaba22

Gahaba22 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Sorry I forgot to address a couple of your questions. Snorting it would just decrease the time it took to take effect. Since it is a small pill, other than the obvious nasal mucousal damage, it lend itself to snorting tather well.

3. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Well is the effect anygood alone or with MJ?I just snorted a few about 5 minutes ago guess I'll know soon enough.

4. adzket

adzket R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    taking on there own gives simerla efect to valium i would not recomend snorting pharmacitucal pills as they have alot of other things in them to. you could take with few cans of beer or other alcohol for diffirent effect.

1. 3/5,
      Good advice on snorting pills, but, it's never good to recommend combining CNS depressants (benzos and ethnol). You're new here, so no points deducted.
      Apr 15, 2014
  5. asystole

asystole Newbie

Reputation Points:
    From what I remember, benzos are not generally water soluble, and are not effective insufflated. I'll *find out* and let you know for sure.

6. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would suggest letting them dissolve under your tongue.

7. Stan Mar5h

Stan Mar5h Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I took 1mg of Lorazepam (would have taken more, but all I had were very few 0.5mg pills, and was in a position were I didn't want anyone to notice I took some) and had some mild euphoria, nothing special. Anyone have any experience with Loraze, and if so, how many to start feeling trippy (in a good way)? Also, I found some Amitryptiline, anyone have any experience with that?

1. 3/5,
      uses i to ask how much of a perscription to take to trip
      May 25, 2006
  8. 788.4

788.4 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    People might be more familiar with the brand name of lorazepam, Ativan.

I have some experience with it (both medically and recreationally).

Medically I was prescribed 1 mg to be taken at bedtime (along with .5 mg of Klonopin/clonazepam twice a day) to help with my insomnia. It didn't help and my doctor didn't realize that the normal dose range for insomnia is 2 - 4 mg so he wouldn't go any higher.

I've never done it recreationally, but I know some people who have. There are three ways which I have seen it sucessfully used:

1) 1-3mg swallowed and 30 minutes later a lot of weed, the lorazepam will help with the paranoia associated with smoking too much and it will help you chill out even more
    2) 3mg-8mg swallowed to get really fucked up, the higher the dose the more difficult it is to walk, talk, ect... With lorazepam at high doses some people may feel nausous
    3) 1-3mg with a stimulant (Adderall, coke, ect..)

It's good alone and it's good mixed with things. Don't mix it with alcohol unless you are a very experienced user. Mixing it with alcohol and another drug is asking for trouble, especially if you do not know what you are doing. Alcohol and benzodiazpines are both downers and do not mix well.

Amitryptiline also known as Elavil is an anti-depressant with sedative effects. I don't think it has any recreational value beyond helping people come down or go to sleep (because of its sedative effects) after taking another drug.

9. basehead801

basehead801 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ive done them a few times before the 1mg's the first time i did it i took idk 3 at first an i took 1 or 2 more i dont remember it was pretty good. though i like xanax more btw i used to have a big tolerence so be wary ive also taken 5mg an drank around 1/3 bottle of rum and i was wasted

1. 3/5,
      self incremantion
      May 25, 2006
  10. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have done 5-7mg lorazepam recreationally, usually with alcohol (up to 1/2 bottle dark rum with lime): NOT recommended, but she has never really gotten much off benzos without the booze. Lorazepam has never really seemed that special to her. Valium gives her an incredibly insulated/fluffy/wrapped in cotton-woolness, and she has had wonderful (weird) out of body experiences. Lorazepam seemed far more sedating and didn't give her any euphoria, or any where near the altered-stateness of Valium. She has also had bad hangover effects from Lorazepam: Thick and woolyheaded for a couple of days afterwards. Really not able to function.

As with any benzo, adding some weed really changes things, I have hallucinated quite hard, but then she does with weed anyway.

Her only experience with Amitryptiline is for depression, and she had nasty side effects: Dry mouth, blurred vision, constipation and urinary retention!

11. scotty6435

scotty6435 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Just did my first lorazepam last night (2mg) and it hits in like 30 mins and is really nice. I lost some co-ordination but felt extremely relaxed for several hours. Note that an hour before I took 10mg valium and an our after, 50mg tramadol. An ambien to finish the night was awesome for it's knock-out-no-matter-what-i-ness :D

12. january16

january16 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've been taking them to go to sleep for about a week or two and it seems like they don't do ANYTHING. I've taken 2mg and nothing's happened. How many would you take to at least feel SOME kind of a buzz?

13. Gahaba22

Gahaba22 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    A person taking Benzos on a daily basis will most likely develop a tolerance rather quickly. Taking Ativan for recreational purposes you would PROBABLY need 3-4mgs or more to feel a buzz. You should be careful increasing the dosage because of the tremendous CNS depression achieved with benzos.

geeb

14. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I have had a few different experiences with Lorazepam. The reason you've heard it's like Valium is most likely because they are both classifed as benzodiazepines. You take smaller doses of Lorazepam then Valium, because Lorazepam is much stronger. Valium is one of the weakest benzodiazpines out there, while Lorazepam is actually pretty strong. Lorazepam is defiantly one of SWIM's faviorate benzo's because of it's not as strong as xanax, but as strong or a little stronger than Clonazepam. It is most commonly prescribed for insomina, and from experience SWIM agree's it's great for sleep!

15. mark_v

mark_v Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was hooked on those lil bastards for 6 months :D
    Got the 2.5 mg ones.
    Great for sleeping as well, but in larger amounts.
    First when SWIm had no tolerance, 5 mg put him to sleep fast.
    But after a few months, I had to take 10-12 mg, so SWIM deceided to quit with Lorazepam and switch to something diffirent.
    As for recreational use, i would advise taking 3 - 5 mg.
    It makes you feel relaxed and a bit sedated.

16. roidrage

roidrage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    i got some of these for free of a guy telling me put in a girls drink to test(he's a idiot i know) 2mg tab didnt do much for me so tryed 4mg next time felt pretty good for about an hour after it kicked in then felt too fucked to be enjoyable, tryed 6mg afew days later n puts me to sleep pretty easy...wasnt easy for me to walk up the stairs andpeople found it hard to understand me

im gunna ask the doctor for some of these since i know they work and ive only been sleeping ever second night which is fucking my mma training up badly

17. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Lorazepam is a pretty sweet anxiolytic. IMO, it's not the best benzodiazepine for sleep. It's actions are primarily myorelaxant, anxiolytic and amnesiac. Of course, any benzo will help you sleep. FYI, 1 milligram of lorazepam is equivalent to 10 milligrams of diazepam. I looked at two different charts and they both said that. Also, lorazepam is well absorbed from the GI tract so there is no need to sniff 'em. I know it's tempting, but it's likely to be a waste. Of course, you could have somatic effects, if you sniff 'em, due to the placebo effect.

18. alanp007

alanp007 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Ativan

Ok, i have read sooo many mixed reactions about this stuff. The only place I know where SWIM can get xanax or klonopins is in mesquite, and i dont always have a ride out there (or money to get them), but I have a friend who has a lot of ativan that they do not take and will give to SWIM for free. I tried them, I think SWIM ended up taking 4 of the 2 mg pills and drank a few beers with them (i pill ID'd it on the internet, looked at the bottle, it WAS ativan). Absolutely nothing at all happened. No buzz, no nothing. The next day, I had horrible problems with their jaw, and couldnt stop grinding my teeth. I dont know if this is just SWIM's crazy fucked up body from taking too many coricidin years ago, but i just really want to know about these damn ativan, I am cravin some benzo's and I wanna know why 8 mg of ativan would do absolutely nothing (especially with beer) when i read the recreational dose is 1-3mg. Can someone please comment on this?
    thx

19. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    In my experience, he only took it once but knows plenty who take it often, ativan doesnt really get you "high". It just kind of mellows one out. Although I dont really care for benzo's that much, diazapam isnt all that bad.

20. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points: