Experiences - Anyone tried LSD only once?

Discussion in 'LSD' started by philawful, Mar 21, 2003.

1. philawful

philawful Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am deciding whether or not to trip lsd for the first time this summer. I want to do it, but i am a little bit afraid of what it could do to me afterwards. I have read scientific research and all that crap enough to have a decent understanding of what it does, but i would like to hear from someone who has tried it once so i know what i can expect. What I am concerned about is how my personality could be affected after tripping once. If you have tripped before, it will help me alot if you would tell me what you felt like after the first time. any help will be appreciated alot. thanks for reading.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    LSD blotters are high dosed, so start of with 1/4th or a 1/2 of a blotter.Yes, youcan expect a change in your personality. Could be bad, could be positive. I think that all depends on the way you that trip: with who and in what surrounding. To me, LSD is the best drug on earth. Though I would not take itwhen notin a positive balanced state of mind or if there where any troubles on my mind. It is the most intense experience I have ever had on drugs. Sex on acid is the most intense experience ever. Acid will do whatever you expect it to do, and a bit more. If you fear it, you will also do so while tripping.If youaccept whatever it brings, you will do fine; go with the flow. It can be fun, but 90% of LSD experiences are insight into yourself and the world. Negative: LSD experience are forgotten very quickly, so write down your realisations, so that you can use your insights in everyday life. LSD is reality. In normal life you need filters to comprehend all the incoming impressions. To change them in a way that we can order them in our comprehension or mind. These filters make us see life, the way we do. That´s why everybody sees things different: different filters. LSD removes most of the filters and every impression is experienced to the fullest and without much change. It does the same with your psyche; it lets the feelings or thoughts that you normally filter or supress, drift to the surface and come to you in a form of daydreams. If you take a lot of LSD, these visual hallucinations will become overwhelming and less understandable. They may form symbolic representations of the issues adressed in your psyche. Under LSD your mental and physical capabilities are at their maximum and this means more than can be explained in words. One weakness while under the effects of LSD to consider is thatextreme sensitivity can happen. So be sure that you set up your surroundings in a controlled way. No telephone, strangers, people you do not trust or have issues with, etc.....

One last but most important tip: You can always controll the trip, even when you think you can not. Even when you think that the trip is controlling you. A friend of mine told me once that he was unable to get out of the couch. And he was, because he thought he was. When I told him very firmly that he could get out now, he was able to; because I broke his asument.

Does anyone else have something to add?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Alfa -- that was a great explanation of experiences of LSD. Could you, or anyone else, elaborate more on the after-affects. cheers

downerbro

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    The direct after effect depends a lot on the experience itself: A bad trip can drain your energy for a long time, while a good trip can boost your energy for a long time. Most trips leave you tired as you have been fully awake at maximal energy level for 10 to 14 hours. It also depends on the quality of the LSD and the dosage.

The 3 weeks following the trip, a heightened sense of awareness usually is present. A lot of people experience a deeper insight into the psyche of others anda sensitive intuition. In this period the LSDexperience integrates in your psyche. This is why you should land, before you take of again.

Now some mathmetics: Cannabis + LSD = Flashbacks

5. philawful

philawful Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks alot for your help Alfa! Those are things i needed to know. My only fear with doing lsd is that I dont want to become some other person after doing this. Ive seen enough people I know and love around me who have tripped alot, and they have definately changed. I dont want to be different, which is why I only want to try it. Will this change me for good if only done once? You mentioned that for 3 weeks, you have a heightened sense of awareness. Will there be more than that?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    are flash backs always bad? like all i veer here about are these ppl who get flash backs and like flip out.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Every xperience changes you for good. It is the intensity of the experience that makes the size of the change. LSD in very intense. You may experience as much as you would in a lifetime and it would change you as much. It may just as well be equivalent to a shorter time and change you less. This all depends on how you handle the trip. Do you want to learnas much as possible or just have fun.

I experienced thatthe way you acton the trip resets your mind - character towards this behavior. Acting stupid on a trip, causes you to be more stupid or less intelligent afterwards.The same goes for all behavior while tripping.

I got quite some flashbacks and I enjoyed most of them. I learned to controll them and even envoke them.

The most important thing is dose.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    I took acid for the first time about a month ago. Me and my friends took 1 blotter each. I had wanted to do acid for about 6 months and this was finally my chance. My friend's parents had gone out of town and we had the whole house to ourselves.

The blotter wasn't at all like I expected it to be. I expected it to be like one of the listerine breath-mints. The blotter was about 10x smaller than the listerine things and it was like a sheet of construction paper. It took me at least 15-20 minutes to dissolve in my mouth after a lot of chewing. I took it at about 7:00 pm.

I felt the effects in about 30 minutes. At first it felt like a marijuana high then things began getting a lot weirder. I began looking at the grass and sky as the colors all looked really vivid and deep. The grass would began moving back and forth very fast till it finally was moving so fast it looked like a solid green sheet of paper.

The trip was going great so far. I was having a good time and laughing a lot... more than I laugh when I am on marijuana. Like Alfa said it is really hard to remember very specific details from the trip. I do remember looking into a cigarette butt for about an hour. It seemed like I was going into another world.

At about 1:00am everybody took a bunch of sleeping pills and passed out. I decided not to so I was up all by myself. This is when sh*t starting getting freaky. There was a bad storm and the electricity went out. I had nothing to do at all and all my friends were passed out. I kept looking at mirrors and it started freaking me out big time. If I had one piece of advice while tripping it would be not to look into a mirror.

Anyways at about 2:00 I lied down and tried to get to sleep. Everytime I would sit still and close my eyes I would get huge bursts of energy running through my body. I couldn't sit still and I would get up and run around the house. It was really pissing me off that I couldn't go to sleep cause I was so bored. The more and more I tried to go to sleep the more pissed off I got. I starting getting crazy thoughts and I thought I was going crazy because I couldn't go to sleep. I tried to sleep in like 5 different places... I even went outside in the storm and tried to sleep in the mud. I starting doing some real crazy sh*t I can't even explain.

I finally popped about 7 sleeping pills and went to sleep at about 5:00 am. I woke up at about 9:00 am and still felt kind of high. The whole rest of the day reality seemed changed and colors would blur.. can't really explain it.

My perspective on life and other things didn't change at all after my trip. My personality is still the same. I do remember thinking a lot about life and sh*t like that when I was tripping. I would advise not taking acid real late at night if you want to get sleep. When I couldn't go to sleep it felt like I was trapped inside a 4 sqaure-foot room with a horrible case of claustropobia. I considered suicide a few times but didn't really go through with it because I knew it would end in a few hours. All that kept me going was that fact that I was counting down and watching the clock waiting for the trip to end..

Thats just my little story. Trip was great till I tried to go to sleep then it turned into a bad trip. I haven't had any flashbacks or anything but I have only done it once. I will probably try it again but it will be at like 12:00pm so I won't have to worry about sleeping.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Why the f**k, did you want to go to sleep? Why not enjoy the trip?

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    I LOVE FLASHBACKS!!!! They make life a little more interesting. Don't worry, they're not as intense as ppl would have you think they are, kinda like little colorful reminders:)

11. forsaken

forsaken Newbie

Reputation Points:
    alfa man. what you described that trip as sounded a hella like shrooms to me. Now I've never done Lsd but I'd sure like to try. Shrooms were one of my best experiences so far simply because of all the insights I had from them. Some of them still follow me abouttoday. I've learned for my self how to make use of them. I'd like to know what you think of the comparison between lsd and shrooms, if there is any o_O

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    I've done lsd about 20 times, I havent lost my head yet ;) I've had a lot of good experiences, only 1 or 2 bad ones but that never stopped me from doing it again :) Very fun stuff to do though I havent been able to get any for 3 years. Ive been taking Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds, which contain LSA. They are very similar to LSD but less visual. I sell them on my site for a pretty low price.

BTW, if you want to read my LSD experiences look in the Drug Archive on my site

13. ????

???? Newbie

Reputation Points:
    tried LSD once and had a weird trip, it was very long and afterward i
    thought everythin made a bit more sense but i also thought that there
    was a hell of alot of stuff that still didn't make sense. anybody else have
    the same after experience?

14. theLSDuser

theLSDuser Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Acid is just another drug. Trust me. It is my main drug and i would say that I have a habit for it. I've been taking it about every week or two for the past five years. Some weeks I would go hard and eat a sheet of 50 tabs. Some weeks I would have a break when my mind says enough is enough. The bottom line is, I believe that using acid is no different from using any other drug, it is just a preference. I find alcohol and MDMA to be more intense than acid. But thats because I am not as used to them.

15. moonshine

moonshine Newbie

Reputation Points:
    a friend of mine handed me a tiny blue pill and told me it was acid and that i should give it a try, so i did. i took it at 9pm and took about 30min to kick in. it wasn't hard to realize it had started to work cause i began to laugh. from start of the trip to the end of the trip i laughed and laughed. i was very comfortable in the enviroment i wasinand was with ppl i trusted. we had a tape ofweird sound effects playing in the background. when the tripwas finally ending i still laughed but not as much, but when i looked at things they looked as if they were melting. it was totally cool.

i haven't had any flash backs or anything, personality is still the same.it was just fun and i'd like to do it again.