Are advertising firms hiring stoners now?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Riconoen {UGC}, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If you've ever seen a recent burger king, gieco or dodge commercial you'll know they reek of the diggity dank. They're funny as hell even if they're trying to sell you something Thoughts?

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    My thought is that there is a phenomenon where stoned people tend to get into a bit of classic projection when they watch late night tv and commercials, and then accuse the producers or actors of being totally baked. I have only anecdotal evidence to support my theory, however. No formal study of this has been done...yet.

3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    SWIM's seen mild stoner references brought across in advertising too. Little phrases like "when you have the munchies" and the like can be seen in some ads, like cannabis culture discreetly filtering itself into the mind-numbing world of everyday products. The same can be seen in ads with sexual innuendos. Stoner references may not be as common as those, but they are out there.

4. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    has anyone seen the new pringles add, it makes a grin spread from ear to ear each time SWIM sees it. not sure its nessisarially a stoner reference or idea, but to my mind replicates imagery often associated by non users to LSD visuals

5. antigenesis

antigenesis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My friend's stepdad gets baked every day and is VERY successful in advertising.:)