Are my mushrooms good to be consumed or did they rot?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Shroomster96, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Shroomster96

Shroomster96 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    21 y/o from ,
    Hi everybody,

Thank you for reading. This is my first time trying truffles and I have very little clue of how to store them, dry them and consume them even though I did a little bit of research.

Here is the thing:

I bought my truffles in Amsterdam in a smart shop, they came vacum-sealed in the box. I did, however, remove them from the vacuum sealed container and put them in a bag of peanuts (to camouflage them travelling from Amsterdam to Rome. They were from 10am-6pm in that bag. When I removed them and seperated them I saw they were greenish-black, I now set them in front of a fan setting on a plate to pre-dry them.

I am concerned as to if I should consume them and how to travel with them properly next time (sunday) when I go to my hometown which is a 18 hour flight.

Thank you very much!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2018
  2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    These are rotten. The bacteria are likely to make you sick or really sick.
    Do not ingest. Throw these away!

3. TripRyder

TripRyder Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    To be honest that's how they looked when I took them and I was fine but it's hard to say, looking at psilocybin truffles online as well they look about the same as them. Mine were stored in a tobacco tin for about 2 days before I ingested. But sorry I can't say whether you should eat or not as I don't know.

4. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    If truffles look like that then you should not eat them either. Truffles should be lighter in colour than mushrooms. Under no circumstance should truffles be black or soft as that is a sure sign of rot.