Are there happy addicts?

Discussion in 'General Addiction discussion' started by sleepingjo, Jan 7, 2005.

1. sleepingjo

sleepingjo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Is there any such thing as a happy addict? Tell me if you like what your doing, and if your not happy what would you change..

2. sleepingjo

sleepingjo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    whats the difference between me ab my dad, I take pain killers, he takes pain killers, he has pain, I have pain, but how different does it make us that i would take meds not prescribed to me for reasons i wasnt suppose to. I know thats the diffintion of drug abuse. My piont is we both take meds every day an will be for the rest of our lifes, so whos to judge.does anyone else out there fill the starring eye on them, the way I do. or is it just me in this shit hole of a town?

3. lolomgwtfbbq

lolomgwtfbbq Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I think it really depends on the situation whether the addict is happy or
    not, but once the addiction becomes something that takes away from the
    person's daily life and is starting to cost them lots of money, I think
    most people end up becoming unhappy. It's pretty difficult to be happy
    when you're losing friends & your life is starting to go down a big
    black vortex of horribleness all because you can't stop using
    something, even if you do enjoy yourself when you use it. That's only
    more serious addiction, though. I'd say that it takes a while to get to
    the point of being unhappy because of your addiction.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2009
  4. hippie_lain

hippie_lain Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Just my option but their is no such thing is a happy addict unless hes on hes drugs. Pain killers are alot different thoug. You'll be happen until 10 years later the pain from withdraws is so intense it ruins your life. Sorry to be a downer.

5. P!MPJU!C3

P!MPJU!C3 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    btw...Im pretty happy and ive got several addictions...

gum, cigs,(probably) hasj, (perhaps) alcohol, diet coke and
    Diamond crown cigars.

6. dr ACE

dr ACE Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    guess it all depends on what substance the addict is addicted too. whether ithas a depressing effect or anti-depressant most abused narcotics have a deppresive effect like benzos,alcohol and cannabis

7. Darkmaster

Darkmaster Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o
    No there isn't IMO. I've learnt that everything wich makes you feel good, makes you feel the excact oppositive when addicted. Not talking about hobbies and such.

8. dastardlymonkey

dastardlymonkey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yes I have been addicted to narcotic pain releif and was happy. but i have been addicted and in a world of hell to. it all just depends on availability.

9. lolomgwtfbbq

lolomgwtfbbq Newbie

Reputation Points:

This is a very truthful & accurate quote, although I guess it applies more to 'hard drugs' than other things.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2009
  10. GLOBE

GLOBE Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ok yup thats the truth /\ I was once additced to oxy's codeine, morphine, coke, meth all at one time i would enjoy it until i got extremly addicted and then i felt like shit all the time even pondered sucicude at one time but thats all over now but lookin back at it it was fun as hell the most fun i have ever had so far in my life and wouldnt change it for one thing well one thing all my friends who got arressted and are gonna be goin for 25-50yrs i would change that i am already missin my homies even thought they are not gone yet but the idea of them going is horriable guess thats why they said Fuck the game but do9nt let the game fuck you in my case the game fucked us all royally in the ass this last year 19 of 30 of my homies are gonna be gone for a long time peace....