1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - Atomoxetine (Strattera)

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by d-townFunk, Jan 30, 2004.

1. d-townFunk

d-townFunk

Reputation Points:
    if someone were to snort a pill called strattera, would they get the same effects as adderal since they are both used to treat ADD?

2. mr.incognito

mr.incognito

Reputation Points:
    no, totally different active ingredients. Strattera is something like atomoxetine whih affects epinefrine(sp?), and adderall contains amphetamine and dextroamphetamine.

Mr.Incognito

3. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Strattera (SNRI)

Talked my doctor into prescribing it for depression & maybe to help with coke cravings (I kicked 5 days ago)... normally prescribed for ADHD/attention deficit disorder.

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic3/strattera.htm

It's a weird buzz... gives me around-the-head and full body tingles like coke, and is a definite up. Blocks the reuptake of norepinephrine and (indirectly) dopamine, which ain't that different from what cocaine does. It's supposedly nonaddictive.

Can't wait til I get to a higher dosage... right now I'm on 25mg/day, will be going up to 40 and then 60. Really curious how much of an up it will be, and hoping for some euphoria and/or tweakiness. :)

4. Psilocybe S.

Psilocybe S.

Reputation Points:
    Keep us informed. I would like to know how ur higher doses turn out.

So does it feel like being on cocaine at all at the 25mg dose? If its pretty much what coke does, it must be somewhat like it at a small dose.

5. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Naah, it's not really like being on coke. More like being on a low dose of meth, with a fast heartbeat & mild tweak. Will inform later after I raise the dosage.

6. Psilocybe S.

Psilocybe S.

Reputation Points:
    Yeah, I cant see why they would make it with a numbing effect.

7. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    OK, I never did continue on Strattera because it wasn't doing jack for me. According to one guy the stuff can make you euphoric, but that dude's crazy :).

Anyways, I'm on Wellbutrin now. Interesting but it's actually a pretty good up (taken at normal dose, 300mg/day) and seems to kill my coke cravings too. Just makes it hard to get to sleep at night, but damn if I ain't used to that already (LOL).

Looks like I might stay off coke, I got 7 days off it & I'm tired of blowing money on the shit. Would be nice to spend my $$ on something that's gonna hang around for awhile.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2014
  8. DogmaticTrip

DogmaticTrip Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Strattera, (atomoxetine)

I have recently been given this, and I am debating on what to do -

What, if any, are the effects of this? Is it an amphetamine? Any information would be appreciated..

Thanks,

9. BA

BA

Reputation Points:
    The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Strattera, judging it safe and effective for the treatment of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in children, adolescents, and adults.
    Strattera is a selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, a class of ADHD treatment that works differently from the other ADHD medications available.
    Strattera is the only FDA-approved non-stimulant ADHD medication clinically proven effective for adults.
    Strattera is the first non-stimulant medication approved for the treatment of ADHD in children, adolescents, and adults.
    Because Strattera is a non-controlled prescription medication, it offers the convenience of phone-in refills and physician samples.
    Strattera is an oral capsule and can be taken once or twice a day to provide full-day relief from ADHD symptoms.

10. Bodhisattva500

Bodhisattva500 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    i once snorted a pill of this out of curiousity

it burned and clogged up my nose obviously isnt supposed to be snorted and it had no effect whatsoever

11. lolomgwtfbbq

lolomgwtfbbq

Reputation Points:
    Would you say it's worth it to try to get fucked up on strattera or is
    it better to stick to adderall as far as ADD/ADHD medicines go?

12. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    strattera is a none stimulany drug has almost nothing in common with
    adderal except add. have been prescribed both and strat is shit for ADD
    even! throw it out

13. lolomgwtfbbq

lolomgwtfbbq

Reputation Points:
    I heard it does absolutely nothing.</font>

14. floydzoso741

floydzoso741

Reputation Points:
    my nose got stuffed up from snorting it, does anyone know how long it
    takes for that to go away, its been like a day now and it hasnt gotten
    any better

15. Lacognac69

Lacognac69 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I've tried strattera on quite a few occasions. It has been really shitty for me. Usually I would feel very "cracked out" and just really jumpy. I never really got much of a high from the stuff. It didn't work very well at all for studying either. Supposedly it takes like a week or two before its supposed to work, so maybee thats the reason behind it. I really don't want to take that shit everyday for 2 weeks to get effects from it, especially if you don't actually have a script for it to get more. But in my opinion adderall is a much better choice.[​IMG]

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    if i took like five stratera, would i have a noticeable coool effect?

17. glomp

glomp

Reputation Points:
    don't know what a 'coool effect' is buti googled stratera and all i saw that might be relevant is that "strattera is not a stimulant"

18. punkanini

punkanini

Reputation Points:
    Strattera doesn't even have positive effects on ADD patients. 80% of patients felt no significant differences. You could swallow thirty of them and not feel anything. It typically takes two weeks of continuous usage to feel a difference, and even then you only have a 20% chance of feeling anything (which doesn't include anything pleasant). Strattera is a marketing ploy, and little positive qualities have been found in clinical studies.

19. VIKETIME

VIKETIME Newbie

Reputation Points:

yea i been there, i was on it 3 weeks and didn't do shit for my ADD. you wont get anything recreational out of this stuff sorry.

-VIKE

20. Amok

Amok

Reputation Points:
    From what I've heard, Strattera started out as an antidepressant, similar to Wellbutrin, that didn't have a place on a market.