Auditory hallucinations

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by pokergod0588, Apr 30, 2006.

1. pokergod0588

pokergod0588 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    whenever i smoke alone i get these, ill be sitting there and think i hear the TV from another room but when i get there its not on, anyone else experience this?
    it's not like i completely hear full conversations, its just like i catch a few words or something then when i listen for it, it goes away... anyone get this too?

1. 4/5,
      a good topic
      Apr 30, 2006
  2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    you hear dead people? lol :p

auditory hallucinations are common with certain strains of marijunana esepcially if one is alone in silence.

3. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    sometimes when I am really high and its at night, he will hear footsteps or sometimes a muffled voice for 2 seconds, but this can usually be accounted to paranoia. This seems to only occur when swim smokes at his parents house and theyre sleeping, but he thinks theyre awake...

4. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Do others experience this with the same weed?

5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Marijuana increases aural sensitivity. The sounds you hear are probably there only you don't notice them as much when you're not stoned. Auditory hallucination would imply that the sound isn't even there at all but if you hear it, it is there more than likely.

6. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    When SWIM wake and bakes in his room alone, he gets auditory hallucinations, but he does not here people, it usually sounds like 1,000's of grasshoppers making their noise in unison(sp). He also experiences visual distortions, it looks like all the shadows in his room are embossed/set forward from the light parts in the background. Then along the borders of the light and shadow it looks like the light is going through a prism, with all the colors of the visual spectrum pulsating thicker then thinner then thicker.

Its odd to SWIM because its the same every time and it only takes one hit from a bowl to get him to this level. He thinks that smoking marijuana alone is alot more trippy than with others, maybe it has to do with him being partially sensory deprivated, in terms of sound and movement. Either way I feel when you smoke alone you can really enjoy every little aspect of the high more than when in a large smoke session with his buddies.

7. decliningdruguse

decliningdruguse Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    agreed. lol, paranoid. swim gets this way too in silence and in an environment where he has to be high and quiet. haha.

8. decliningdruguse

decliningdruguse Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Truth. Yeh and one quit gets you there.

I meant to say "hit" but I typed "quit."

I'm leaving it. Freudian slip?? Hmm.

9. boredINbuffalo

boredINbuffalo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM also experiences similar effects, both the 'grasshopper' type and 'speech' types. He usually just tries to go with it, sometimes an amusing anecdote results from the speech, little stories he comes up with.

10. Sickman

Sickman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I have only had serious auditory hallucinations once.

Swim ate a good brownie before getting on an airplane (this is a GREAT idea btw) and listened to the rumble of the engines. The engines were talking to swim and speaking in the voices of swim's sister and a male friend of swim. It was extremely trippy.

11. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I think the airport in general is a fun place to be high. One time he was in a smoking lounge in his local airport and he met a guy from holland that sang spanish music?!?! kinda wierd but anyway, after talking to him for a bit he mentioned he had a J and I was down so they smoked it and he played his music and SWIM sat back listening and people watching, his favorite activity to do high. Any place with a large variety of people crammed into a small space makes for a very humorous environment.