1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - Available forms of otc codeine in Canada ?

Discussion in 'Codeine' started by CanadianToker420, Feb 19, 2012.

1. CanadianToker420

CanadianToker420 Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o Male from Canada
    What are the available OTC formulations for codeine in canada? Also is it possible to get OTC straight codeine tablets ?

2. Calliope

Calliope fictional member Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from a nutshell, an infinite space
    OTC codeine available in Canada is legally required to have 2 other active ingredients -- AC&C, with caffeine and either acetaminophen or aspirin are the tablets I have seen. People often refer to the acetaminophen version of these as Tylenol 1, or T1s. These have 8mg codeine, 325 mg acetaminophen, 15 mg caffeine. There are also liquid formulations for cough supression, with which i am less familiar. You can only get straight codeine with a prescription in Canada. In some provinces (Saskatchewan at least) the pharmacists' professional association rules only allow dispensing of a limited number of T1 tablets per month (50 of the AC&C type).

3. can-I-bust

can-I-bust Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    23 y/o Male from Canada
    other than the obvious t1s which unfortunately have caffeine. robaxacet 8, has 8mg codeine, acetaminophen, methocarbamol. there is also some sort of cough syrup with codeine, acetaminophen, and guaiffenesin. both of these two are only available in brand name and very expensive.

4. CanadianToker420

CanadianToker420 Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o Male from Canada
    Do you think robaxacet would be available in new brunswick ? And I know acetaminophen is removable trought cold water extraction but would it also remove the methocarbamol? Just trying to find some options when i run out of my hydromorphone and oxy's dont like the withdrawals hahaha. usually i get the ones with 8mg codeine, 325 mg acetaminophen, 15 mg caffeine and do the CWE but I cant stand the damn caffeine thats in them!It always makes me jittery as hell and my blood pressur goes up alot as my body doesnt like stimulants all that much:p!

5. Calliope

Calliope fictional member Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from a nutshell, an infinite space
    You can find much information about CWE at: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52325

I've seen it suggested that the water solubility of methocarbamol makes it a good candidate for CWE, but without tracking down more reliable information than I have, I would be very very wary of trying that. (Also keep in mind that the regular robaxacet has no codeine at all. It is only the Robaxacet 8 that does.)

And regarding removing the caffeine: filtering with activated charcoal. Look at this thread : http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54089

Since it is the caffeine you want to avoid, my advice would be to stick with the T1s and do the CWE and charcoal filtration.

Some of the symptoms of opiate wd can be helped by taking loperamide (Imodium) since it is an opioid (though it does not cross the blood brain barrier). At the very least it helps with diarrhea.

6. doruk

doruk Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from turkey
    my pet pacman would like to know whether activated carbon bought from petshops is safe for human consumption. Have any swiys suffered adverse effects from experımentıng with AC from petshops?

Tags: