1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Purity - Average amphetamine purity, compared to pharmaseutical preparations

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by NeuroChi, Aug 1, 2011.

1. NeuroChi

NeuroChi is not his mind Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    I've read reports of people taking doses of 50-100mg of street Amphetamine by the IV route, yet doses of 5-10mg Adderall orally are highly effective. Clearly there is a disconnect - street amphetamine must be much less pure than the Pharmaceutical preparations, which are obviously standardized.

What is the average purity of street amphetamine? Is it 5 to 10%? Does street Amphetamine ever reach purity of 90% or so?

2. tweek411

tweek411 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    It depends Highly on your Country and region and the batch. Thats what i love about pharmaceutical preparations. Even for opiates like roxicodone you know the right amount your getting. Im sure street speed is cut with stuff to potentate it. I know that Ice is cut heavily out here.

3. marktyler

marktyler

Reputation Points:
    street amphetamines r usualy between 5% and 15% purity, 15% being the absolute purist. A small line of 90% pure amphetamine sulfate would kill most people as it is just far 2 potent. Swim has a panda that loves dexamphetamine tablets, the 1's containing 5mg of dextroamphetamine sulfate. Swim's Panda once caculate the purity of these tablets and it was about 3% for most new uses of amphetamine 1 dexy up the nose would be enough 4 a good night out. please do not under estemate the power of amphetamine sulfate, even the smallest amount could send a recreational user to hospital.

4. BoxStar

BoxStar Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Street amphetamine sulfate (speed) is the most impure illegal drug with an average retail (grams) purity of 5% to 10%. According to data on 18 countries from the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA) the average retail (grams) purity of amphetamine sulfate in 2009 ranged from 1% in Bulgaria to 29% in Norway and the most common cutting agents are caffeine, glucose and other sugars and less commonly ephedrine and even ketamine. Chemical impurities from the synthesis process are also present in variable quantities and even in wholesale (kilograms) quantities the highest purity reference I found was 72%. The average wholesale purity is around 30% to 40%.

Speed is a racemate (1:1 D/L-amphetamine) so it’s also weaker by weight as a CNS stimulant compared to pharmaceuticals which have more dextroamphetamine like Adderall (75%) or are just pure dextroamphetamine like Dexedrine. Doses of several hundred milligrams of street amphetamine are common as for example 200mg IV would have similar effects as 10mg to 15mg IV of pure dextroamphetamine assuming 10% purity. Levoamphetamine has a much weaker dopaminergic activity and acts as a releasing agent of norepinephrine but it does add to the overall effects.

Fatalities directly attributed to amphetamine are rare. The estimated minimum lethal dose in non-tolerant healthy adults is 200mg although dangerous and even life-threatening acute and long-term side-effects can arise with virtually any effective dose including the medically approved ones.

5. Tony Williams

Tony Williams

Reputation Points:
    I had amphet I needed to snort grams and grams of - no rush, but a mild buzz eiuther just concentration.