1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Other - Avoiding Meth Mistakes

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by CanadianBakin, Mar 31, 2013.

1. CanadianBakin

CanadianBakin Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Calling all you amateurs!!!

Thinking back over the years, I have no doubt faltered from time to time when dealing with meth. I, for the most part, learned the hard way for a lot of these mistakes. This is simply because I didn't really have anyone to show me the ropes. I taught everything to myself through trial and error, practically. The internet has no doubt been a great help to me.

I discovered Drugs Forum 2 years ago, and have been an active member about a year. By the time I found this goldmine, I had already taught myself the proper ways to do things, as well as the things to avoid. I would have loved to have found this site at the start of my addiction.

Anyway, I was thinking about a day ago about the a-many-mistake I would make near the beginning of my addiction, 4-5 years ago. Granted, with all the hits I take now days, I'm still bound to make stupid mistakes here and there. It's like chewing... Humans are very experienced chewers, yet we still bite down on the fork every now and again. Fuck I hate that lol.

These mistake vary, and all only meet one criteria: They are mistakes, that are related to meth. And also, keep in mind, I am a meth smoker... So I don't know if any snorting/shooting tips will be listed. Hopefully I can help any new users avoid making some of these in the future:

1) Flickering Flame: This is funny, because a lot of people don't actually notice this... I remember when I first started, sometimes hits would be easy, and the meth would release tons of smoke. Other times, it seemed as though my flame was half as hot, and the meth slowly, slowly melted and didn't give off much smoke. After a while I found out why. When smoking meth, make sure that the air in your room is fairly static. By that I mean "still". If you have any fans, or heaters, or an open window, or even a draft from an open door, I recommend you close em/shut em off. If that moving air hits your bic flame, it will start to make it flicker. The flicker, though small, actually effects how the flame heats your pipe dramatically. Make sure the flame is going straight up, and not moving at all, and bigger, better hits are easier to achieve.

2) Blackened Pipe: I remember my pipe used to get dirty as fuck. I always understood why the inside got dirty, obviously; because the drug melts and heats inside the pipe, and is expected to leave some marks. What I didn't get, was why the fucking pipe would get that thin layer of black shit over it every time. It would wipe off easy, but is still very annoying and gets everywhere. I discovered that the black stuff is actually the product of foreign matter burning up on the pipe. The oil from your skin seems to be the biggest cause. So, if you want your pipe to not get black on the outside, simply don't touch the bowl, or at least wipe it with a cloth before you take a hit. Then I wipe it with a damp cloth after my hits for extra cleanliness. I clean out the inside with Q-tips dipped in water and cigarette ashes. The ashes add friction and rubs the black shit off fairly easy.

3) Dusty-Stem Surprise: This happened to me a few times... Sometimes the carb (hole) on the bowl of your pipe is too small, or sometimes, for whatever other reason, you need to load your bowl through the stem of the pipe. I think some people even do this regularly, which is beyond me... But anyway... IF you're going to load your pipe using the stem, be very careful if the meth you are putting down there isn't too powdery. Dropping chunks down is no problem, but if it's powdery or crushed up a bit be careful. Sometimes a bit of the powdery meth can stick to the inside of your pipes walls. The rest of your meth should fall in the bowl... You go to heat the bowl, the meth melts, and you're ready to inhale. So you go to inhale and then all that meth that got caught in the stem, nice and dry and not melted, is going to be breathed straight into the back of your throat. Goddamn once I did this, and there was so much shit in the stem... My throat was so fuckin sore all night... Ugh it was pretty nasty too. Especially the powder... It shot everywhere... Lol I couldn't figure out what happened. Also, make sure your meth is melted before inhaling, sometimes you can prematurely inhale, and if its still dry, you can suck back a chunk.

4) Breaking your Pipe: I still haven't learned to conquer this mistake. Last year, in 2012, honestly I think I went through about 15-20 pipes. Crack, smash, shatter... I fell asleep on a couple lol, rolled over em and broke em. The main way, however, that I break my pipes is when cleaning em. I probably break close to 90% of my pipes during the cleaning process. Don't scrub too hard with that Q-tip! lol... Also try not to put your pipe on your lap, so you can take a hit in a minute... Because you forget to take that hit, stand up... And physics.

5) Zippers Save Lives: Alright, this one I cannot stress enough. If you are going out somewhere, or are going to be walking around with meth on you, like I'm sure a lot of you... Make fucking sure you have zippers on your pockets. Put the meth in that pocket. Now you zip that pocket. Now keep your busy goddamn fiend hands out of there until you get home! Haha, I don't know why but I always had such a bad habit of holding the meth in my hand, in my pocket. It was probably just so I could feel it, and know it's there... There were a couple times meth has escaped my pockets. Once I was lucky. I backtracked, and found it! (luckily the dime bag was bright yellow haha), the other time... I was not so lucky. It was my last bit of cash too. That is not a fun feeling. Keep this is mind, and you will never have to endure that horrific scenario.

6) Keep a Candle: If you're anything like me, you have poor planning skills lol. Every once in a while, I'm caught with my guard down, and have no lighter...

Oh noes t.t

But that's okay! As long as you keep a backup candle. I'm sure you can muster at least one way to light it. Once you do, just use it like a lighter, obviously. These are good to have as backup because they are cheap, last a long time, and will always save your ass. I have relied on candle backups many times.

7) Patience: If you use water to smoke the resin from your pipe (which in my opinion is the easiest, fastest and most efficient way) be careful when boiling the water away with your lighter. That boiling water gets really fucking hot, really fucking fast. Lets it boil for a few seconds, then remove the flame. Move it around the pipe to distribute heating. Don't just hold the flame under until the water boils away. Your pipe can break under all the heat. Happened to me once... I got a boiling hot meth covered shard of glass in my retina AND cornea... Well, no haha, I escaped without a scratch, but there goes my resin bowl t.t

8) Bowls get Hot: Alright, just a simple tip: After you hit the pipe, your bowl is going to be very hot, especially after a few hits. Just be mindful of this when setting it down. A damp cloth to cool the pipe is good to have (be careful not to put colder water on a really hot pipe, unless you prefer shattered pipes?). If you don't use a damp cloth, just make sure to set your pipe down on a hard surface. Any soft surfaces it can melt that surface and then get stuck on the bottom of the pipe. Careful putting it in your pocket to! Burnt my thigh once... Oh, and this is real important. If you keep your pipe in something like a sunglasses baggie holder, and you keep your meth in there as well... Or if you keep your pipe and meth baggie anywhere near eachother, be very careful not to let the hot pipe bowl touch the baggie. It melts the baggie and if you're unlucky enough, it will melt all into the meth and fuck it all up. Or it puts a whole in your baggie and you spill meth everywhere.

9) Always Hide that Stash: If you live with people who don't know of your meth use, or have people randomly stopping by... Make sure you put your meth away every time. I don't know how many fucking times I've been sitting there thinking "gosh I should really put that baggie and pipe in my dresser".... Then I think "I'll get to it in a few"... Then I never get to it... Then what do you know?? Someone suddenly is knocking on your door, or walking into your room or whatever... You're scrambling like a fool trying to hide everything... Pipes a clankin n everything. I know putting of easy simple tasks like this is really hard to avoid on meth. But just force yourself, it might save you.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________

If I think of more, which I'm sure I will, then I shall add them. In the meantime, if you think of anything to add, feel free. Notice however, I didn't include common, obvious mistakes like "don't overheat your meth", because there is already mountains of information in threads that discuss common mistakes like these to the teeth. These are mistakes that one (especially newer users) might not have considered before.

Well, hope you're all having a good long weekend. You're all such talented, and impressif little creaturez xP
    Don't do anything I wouldn't do... :\ I'd do just about anything actually so that advice isn't going to help anyone very much...

Don't do anything a responsible person would do!

CB

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  2. j8Jr

j8Jr Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I would make my number one:

Not taking the time to learn and understand purification procedures and being able to apply them safely and effectively with minimal losses.

I guess I keep seeing all these threads pop up week after week about bad buzzes, bunk sacks, shattered hopes and dreams and on and on...a lot of which could be remedied with a little time and study. Shame on these forums for making a lad seek out this info instead of serving it with tea and baguette. I suppose there are those who hide and those who seek.

Oh, my other mistake would be starting down the long road to perdition paved by this overclocked affliction. I don't regret the journey, just wish I would have made a few different choices at some of the crossroads. I guess it isn't until you come to terms with the fact that you might never operate at this level again do you start to fear the absense of the crystal lady.

3. Ice_Man666

Ice_Man666 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Texas, U.S.A.
    I use a Bic lighter, but learned by using a torch lighter. A regular butane torch cigarette lighter. I can use either one and never burn my shit. I am very picky about who I share my pipe with. I cannot stand the taste of burnt meth, and most people burn their shit. I know people that have been smoking it for years and burn it every time they smoke it.

4. CanadianBakin

CanadianBakin Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada

Yeah wtf is with that eh? It's like they don't even try or even bother to learn the right way. Then I tell them they're needlessly burning their shit... And they go "oh..." and then the next hit... Same fuckin thing!

I don't share my pipe with certain people for the same reason.

5. Ice_Man666

Ice_Man666 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Texas, U.S.A.
    I also figured out something rather quickly, on my own. When I was at someone's house, he was passing his pipe around. It was him, his girlfriend, another guy, and myself. I saw they would heat it up and hit it. Then pass it to the next person with smoke pouring out of the stem and the carb. I showed them how I do it. Keep in mind they had all been smoking it for years (8+). I had just started about a month before. Anyway, I heat it up and take a hit. Then I cover the end of the stem with my thumb of my hand holding the pipe. Any smoke in the bowl just stays in it, swirling. I then take another hit. It is simple physics. Air pressure. They couldn't believe they had never been shown that. I was like damn, how smart you gotta be?
    Also, I hold the pipe in my left hand and hold it at eye level, holding my lighter under it in my right hand. I have some kind of light source in front of me (whether it's the T.V., a lamp, or the ceiling), and I can see it perfectly. I also hold the lighter so the flame is 1/8 inch or so from the pipe. I have only burned my shit when it was too dark in the room, and couldn't see well. Now I make sure the lighting is what I need.

6. igotyou

igotyou Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think everybody should also have a wet rag to cool off the pipe. You never realize how much smoke is wasted.

7. Ice_Man666

Ice_Man666 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Texas, U.S.A.
    I hate when I leave out words, or write the wrong one. In the above post, I meant I cover the end of the stem with my index finger. I also meant the light on the ceiling (or ceiling fan if you have one).

8. Tifytat

Tifytat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from U.S.A.
    LMAO! And ure like... "What's ur problem are u dense or have u just been smoking CRACK?!" I personally don't do method but I have and several friends do, so I have thoroughly researched about it & I guess because I don't do it they all think I'm stupid! I'm also like "I have a higher IQ than any of u and I care for u so I read into it and probably know more than u do about it!" Needless to say they're ;wasting dope (burning it, melting for too long, breaking/burning pipes, and just generally WASTING THEIR SHIT! So I'm turning them on to this thread! THANKS TO ALL OF U IMMENSELY FOR SHARING YOUR DOPEHEAD WISDOM, SO I CAN SHARE IT WITH MY DOPEHEAD FRIENDS! LMAO, I am a dopehead too just different D(s)OC! #taketheLoutofLoveranditsOVER =-*

Tifytat added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

i fucking h a t e typos! Ughughugh, thats the virgo perfectionist in me! Lmao!

Tifytat added 2 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

U r awesome!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  9. JSliver

JSliver Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Dear OP. What a great post. Sadly my system isn't

JSliver added 5 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

CTd: appretnly my system is lettin me do a lot of things!

Was trying to apologize I could not rate your post. What seems obvious to the experienced can save someone a lot of trouble learning the hard way.

And so much yes to candles. Sometimes I prefer them to lighters, especially if my depth perception is a little off... only one object to keep track of in my hands. I like no-drip candle sticks and they work a little slower but more consistently than my ever rotating collection of lighters. Just remember to turn your fan off so the candle flame stays steady just like you would for a lighter, campers.

And if i can add something from recent personal experience.. take extra caution with jet flame lighters when you're a couple points in... your depth perception is off, sometimes drastically. My favorite lighter is a super over-kill "hold it a foot down!' 4 jet butane lighter but it gets very hot so I was using the hem of the shirt I was wearing to protect my little thumb. Once burned shirt and a narrowly missed house fire later, I know how important that caution really is. Yes, i actually set the shirt I was wearing on fire somehow. I'm just greatful my shirt took the lighter blast and not me. So yah, maybe just candles from now on =)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  10. Diverboone

Diverboone Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Great post topic. I can relate to many of the same learning experiences.

2) Blackened Pipe: I was taught to use a torch lighter that Bic's were not suitable. They were wrong, a Bic is the best source of flame. Wooden matches are not suitable. I have a friend that been smoking for almost 20 years and still does these every time.

3) Dusty-Stem Surprise: A decaded and a half later this one still catches me by surprise from time to time.

4) Breaking your Pipe: It's not if, it's when is it going to happen. If you haven't broke one, you haven't been smoking very long.

5) Zippers Save Lives: Great advice. I have lost numerous bags by not keeping them in a secure location. Not long ago 3.5 at the gas pumps in a very busy place. Noticed i was missing something 15 miles later. I never would have dreamed it was still resting beside the pump unmolested.

I once tossed the wrong thing out the window into a raging creek, did realize till the next day I was missing an O. I guess the fish were happy.

8) Bowls get Hot I should add, Never try to catch a freshly blown bowl that has slipped out of your hands. Molten glass is entirely too hot for the old barehanded catch.

9) Always Hide that Stash: This can never be emphasized enough!

11. Jcoby one konobi

Jcoby one konobi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from Hartland
    6) Keep a Candle: If you're anything like me, you have poor planning skills lol. Every once in a while, I'm caught with my guard down, and have no lighter...

Oh noes t.t

But that's okay! As long as you keep a backup candle. I'm sure you can muster at least one way to light it. Once you do, just use it like a lighter, obviously. These are good to have as backup because they are cheap, last a long time, and will always save your ass. I have relied on candle backups many times.

12. Jcoby one konobi

Jcoby one konobi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from Hartland

Candle safetly is very important. So easily can they be forgotton about and burn your house down. Growing up i my mom always lost her shit if someone had a candle lit. It didnt matter what was going on but if you had a candle lit in her house. You better pray she didnt see it. I always thought she was crazy. Until i learned first hand why she said that. Anywho. I would suguest a refilible lighter and a bottle of butane. Cheap last a long time.

13. HoltBoulevard313

HoltBoulevard313 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Ohio, United States
    Also if you are hiding it and feel noided that people can hear your BIC lighter (because they are for sure listening for it ) you can always light a candle then just take your BIC and skip the FLIC.

noises about

14. Chizz Whizz

Chizz Whizz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from California, United States
    Some good stuff here. Thanks for the little bit of knowledge.

I'm new to smoking, so i'm learning as I go myself. But i'm guilty as fuck of burning my bowls :'(
    Learning to place heat on & off, not just torching it thinking the drug is cooling :\

15. Pinkbeam

Pinkbeam Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This is a really awesome post. I have read thru it a couple times and thought for awhile about what I could contribute from what I've learned over the years. Here are a few tips I've learned from experience:

1. Get up and move. Sometimes I will be smoking and smoking and just feel like I can't get high, and although I wish this drug was magical and gave me all kinds of energy, it doesn't. If I get up off my ass and actually start doing something, like cleaning, before I know it I feel so much more energized. It took me awhile to realize this, and lots of wasted drugs.

2. Switch up your ROA. (Route of administration) Smoking is my first choice, but sometimes I feel like I am not reaching the high I need and I learned that if I snort a line, or swallow a capsule and ditch the smoking for a little bit, then I will get more off of it. We always say "You gotta get it in you" when we are referring to doing a line at the start of the day when we are building up our high.

Also, I read somewhere that our brain knows what is about to happen when we snort a line, the burn and pain and the rush. And we also know what to expect when we smoke, the slow build up and the taste and blowing out the clouds of smoke. But when you swallow a capsule nothing happens as you do it, you just swallow it. And then you forget about it. And about 20 mins later the rush hits you out of nowhere, and that is an amazing feeling that you don't expect, it kinda tricks your brain.

3. Fail proof way to clean your pipe. I know some of this has already been mentioned, but I would like to add my number one fail proof way to clean a pipe. I've tried lots of different ways and broke plenty of pipes, but the best stuff ever is called Whink Rust Stain Remover. You can buy it in the cleaning chemical isle at your local Walmart for around 6.00 bucks. It's a large bottle and it last a long time. All you gotta do is pour a few drops in your pipe and put your fingers over both holes of your pipe and swish it around. Then turn the water on real low and start running the water thru the pipe to rinse it all out. It literally melts it away. Sometimes you may have a bunch of burnt stuff in the bowl, so you can also stick a q tip in the bowl while you have the whinks in it to help remove those stubborn spots. Make sure it's all rinsed out and then u can use a blow dryer to dry it out, or roll up a paper towel and stick it up thru the stem, or let it air dry. This process only takes mins and is so much easier than all the other ways I've tried.

4. Recycle for desperate times. I can't tell you how many times I have been out and used my random tools to help get me through. I keep all my stuff in a lock box so I tend to keep the same straws and stuff for awhile. This comes in handy when I'm out and want some. You can turn baggies inside out and scrape them or you can stick them in your mouth and chew on them for a bit, but be prepared for a nasty horrible taste. You can scrape the insides of your straws by sticking something skinny down through them or you can rub it between your hands where it spins around and knocks any powder out of it. And my favorite of all is the stem of my pipe....you can take a torch to the stem and sometimes there is so much dope in that part, it will melt and roll down into the bowl. Never under estimate the stem.

That's all I could think of to add to the list above. I hope these tips are helpful. I definitely had to learn them all thru trial and error. Thanks for reading!

16. Rex Winchester

Rex Winchester Newbie

Reputation Points:
    48 y/o from CA
    These postings are definately written by the real Macoys. And I can relate. Nevertheless, i gotta say this; To smoke it you must "burn" it. That is to say that if it is to smoke, it must first burn.