Awsome way to smoke!

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Creeping Death, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I'm watching this documentary about weed, and theyre talking about when Marijuana was first used.

The earliest records of it is that it was used by a society somewhere called "sathians" or something similar. I dont know where.

Anyway, their method of smoking was really cool. They would build a big bonfire. And when it was up and running, they would pile their weed harvest onto it. And then after all the weed was in the bonfire, they'd put a big tent over it so the smoke would collect inside the tent.

And then they'd just go in and groove inside the tent, breathing all the smoke. That sounds like fun to me.Edited by: Creeping Death

2. pokergod0588

pokergod0588 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    it would be hard as shit to chill in tht tent for too long....you gotta breathe some fresh air sooner or later but it still hat be a sweet experience

how big did they say the tents were and how big was the bonfire?

3. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Now that's an idea for a hotbox.

That would be pretty rad to have a little smoke hut. Sit and play video
    games, cards, drink and just have a merry time. If you feel you've had
    enough go check out the non-smoked huts.

Now I have an idea for a party!

4. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    although I'm sure a huge percent of smoke is lost. Bummer.

Maybe if you put a dome over the fire with an air intake and hose leading to a larger dome. Pumping in smoke!

5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Inefficient and highly carcinogenic.

6. thegod1

thegod1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I wouldnt waste that much weed. Might be a good high though!

7. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Build a Bonfire for me too.

As I thought about the Sathians, some 3-to-5-Thousand years ago, I got a Picture of how one of their Pot parties went:

Back when the Sathians were smoking, Marujuana was legal. They probably planted a couple acres of it. Then, at Harvest time, they plopped a 12-foot Pot plant at the side of the Bonfire,in a pile of Embers. The huge plume of smoke begins rising. Two guys, holding a 12-foot blanket over their heads, cover the smoke. The 10 other guys under the blanket start huffing and puffing. Two minutes later, that Pot plant has given up its Goodies. A few minutes of break, to breathe some Fresh Air. Then the next "Hit"; another plant, this time a 10-footer goes on the coals. Another Party. Wow! Who's going for 3?

Later though, hundreds of years later, the Method of Smoking changed. It probably happened because of the Original joint-Bogarter. He was unhappy that he couldn't get under the Blanket 20 times (his Friends said that he could ONLY climb in 10 times). He protested, but he was Locked-out.

Mr. Bogart broke off a Branch from a 12-footer; it had 8 beautiful Flowers on it. He noticed that when he touched one of the Flowertops onto Embers, that it caught on fire. He blew out the fire. Then, just like Incense, a plume of smoke (without the Bonfire smoke) arose. He put his Jacket over his head. He held the Flowertop under his nose; he Hit it. Wow!My personal tent.

Years later, someone finally invented Zig-Zags. The Smoking world changes again.

8. Dogears

Dogears Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If you live in a home with a fireplace you could try closing the vent for a while and let the weed smoke fill up the house some. You would need a hell of alot of weed for this however.

9. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Whoa dude. If you had like a massive amount of weed crops of your own, it would be worth a try.

Thats a cool analogy of the evolution of weed, Solidly-there. These days, instead of Bogart-bonfire tokers, we got bong-hoggers. People don't change! [​IMG]

10. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    there are big barter fairs that swim's tribe will host a 420 tent which is basically a smoke/steam lodge that at 4:20pm and 420am each day of the festival a lb of outdoor is thrown on, and everybody just chills.

11. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Solidly-here

Man that is a really good concept. Frustration is always the key to innovation.I just wanted to throw in that Chris Wilson has a book called "The Wurd" (probably have to special order it) that he writes fictionally about the moment when words started coming out of human mouths. One of the characters in the tribe is the first person to accidentally brew alcohol (and keeps doing it) and he also smokes weed, etc. Your theory just paralleled that book in a way that is hard to explain. Your theoretical mentality I think is what makes me think of it - just a logical extention of the next step. Okay this is good - what will make it better? It is how humanity evolved.

Oh and I want to sit in one of those tents with a ten foot plant. I don't care how efficient it is. Sounds like fun.

12. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic

Agreed.

13. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    i am a huge fan of boxing things whether it be a room a car or a tent it definately gets you higher and its cool to smoke in the dark and when ur done turn on the light and see how much uve smoked. what a pothead lol