Ayahuasca questions??? Favorite recipes? Least nausea? "The purge"?

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by stinky_plant, Jan 11, 2007.

1. stinky_plant

stinky_plant Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I am very curious about the amazonian shamanic brew ayahuasca. SWIM wishes to inquire of other SWIMers' favorite recipes.

SWIM hears authentic ayahuasca must have banisteropsis caapi vine. It matters not which DMT containing plant is added...to be ayahuasca there must be banisteropsis caapi. While I want to have an authentic ayahuasca experience, SWIM hears that it is the harmala and other MAOI's in the caapi vine that promotes the nausea and 'the purge'. I am somewhat wary of vomiting during the come-on of a psychotic experience.

I am mostly curious about DMT, which I have read can be experienced minus the caapi vine if SWIM were to just use mimosa hostilisis as mimosa has phytoindols which makes the DMT orally active without MAOI's. Would SWIM be able to experience a DMT vision with mimosa hostilis without the reknowned "purge"?

SWIM also wonders if the purge is an important part of the ayahuasca experience. Does it play some role in the visions?

2. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The tannins in Mimose Hostilis Rootbark (aka Jurema) will probably make You puke or get the shits alone, and not sure how effective it is with out an MAOI, only a few reports that I have read.. The cleanest way would be to extract both plants to crystal form and take capsules, but SWIM's buddies still have the purge that way, which they look at as a cleansing or purifying ritual, that usually begins the trip, sometimes followed by mild diarrhea, even.. The healing is worth it, though, in SWIM's opinion.. The afterglow can be felt for days afterwords, and offer a sense of calm and well being..

3. Neosapien

Neosapien Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It is the harmala in the vine that causes the purge, but harmala is what makes the DMT orally active, so you're stuck with it.
    I have gotten nausea, but still has yet to have a significant purge. I have the digestive tract of a vulture and rarely vomits though.
    Syrian rue extract is definitely gentler on the stomach than vine tea, but the vine adds a lot of character to the trip. Different species of vine add different characters too.
    I have heard that it's not truely an Aya trip without the purge, but Terence McKenna was told that his not purging was a sign that she liked him.
    Peppermint ginger tea beforehand might be a good idea if one is worried. Also ginger ale during produces some very relieving burps. Swim drinks beer though it's supposed to be prohibited. Laying perfectly still somewhere warm and comfortable is the best though - I get the nausea mostly from moving around.
    I have never heard any first hand accounts of Mimose Hostilis Rootbark being successfully used by itself orally. I have tripped on oral DMT without feeling the harmala at all by using extract from only a gram of rue seed. It felt incomplete after having used Aya though.

4. stinky_plant

stinky_plant Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I takes it that just having caapi tea would have an effect of sorts, what with the harmala alkaloids slowing metabolism of various neurotransmitters? SWIM wonder's if that fucks with the brain pretty good.

5. Neosapien

Neosapien Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.