B.Caapi/Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark Dosage

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by Bassic, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Bassic

Bassic Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    Would 10g Mimose Hostilis Rootbark ground and 30g B.Cappi made into tea be a good first time dosage? too much too little? I dont want to overdo it but i want some good hallucinations

2. Marsofold

Marsofold Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
  3. stinky_plant

stinky_plant Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM wonders as well how to properly dose ayahuasca and jurema (MHRB). Right now, I am cooking up 28g caapi, and 18g MHRB

4. Ryu

Ryu Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Stinky Plant, SWims Dose seems ok, but a FOAF's advise to I would be to never overuse cappi because of adverse MAOI effects, never more than 40g for 1 person id say, depending on tyramine resistance.

5. acolon_5

acolon_5 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Maryland, U.S.A.
    I would have to seriously disagree with the above post by Ryu. I have often taken 40-100g of caapi brewed over many days with no physical adverse effects. The traditional brews contained much more than 40grams a dose...

As long as food and medication diet for MAOI is done, caapi can be used safely at doses above 40grams/day. At least this is SWIM's and many other's findings as well.

60-80 grams of ceilo caapi (yellow vine) is what SWIM normally puts into his brews.

6. The Secret Farmer

The Secret Farmer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have done ayahuasca once using that same dose. I didn't get really strong visuals but it was still a very memorable trip. I felt like he was dipping his toes in the pond.