1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Experiences - "B2" trip report

Discussion in 'Unidentified Products' started by Goku4ever, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Goku4ever

Goku4ever Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.K.
    My friend has tried a new chemical, but the vendor has given it its own name which would be easily traceable back to them, so I don't think Im allowed to say the name. Also it is completely unknown what this chemical is. Anyway, here is their report:

MOD NOTE: After further discussion we can disclose that the product in question was named "B2". This name is deemed to be sufficiently vague so as to not be readily traceable to a sole supplier.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2010
  2. WhiteIsland

WhiteIsland Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    Re: Trip report - I don't think Im allowed to say what the vendor named it as though

Thanks for the report. What made swim decide to take 200mg? Sounds a lot to take in once if he has no clue what it is! Any reason why it wasn't devied in smaller portions for example?

The danger is also very visible on the pulse you are reporting. For a lot of people 168 is close to max, hence this dose put a lot of stress on your heart. Be careful out here.

3. Goku4ever

Goku4ever Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.K.
    Re: Trip report - I don't think Im allowed to say what the vendor named it as though

They read reports of other people taking it, its a very highly rated product and very new. Other people have been using aroud 300mg for a standard dose, however my friend is fairly sensitive to stimulants.

4. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

168 heart beat is unhealthy. Why even bother to post this info without including the name of the substance in question. This is like a strange inverted "what substance is this" thread. If OP does not say what the substance in question was this conversation can go nowhere productive. This thread should be closed.

:joint:

5. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda

Surely it is permissible to name the substance? Otherwise, as SWifatal says, we are wasting our time.

6. Phenoxide

Phenoxide Super Moderator Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    As I understand it the substance in question was named "B2" and it was a white powder. This name is suitably ambiguous to not be traceable to a sole source so can be discussed. Let's try to keep this thread free of any hints that would narrow down the possibilities (e.g. discussing other products stocked by the supplier etc.). Of course the ambiguous naming also means that there could be multiple substances sold under that name.

Trying to stay within the rules on source discussion is much appreciated, but as others have said a report for a totally unnamed substance is of very limited interest. If there is doubt as to whether a branded substance is open for discussion, please PM a mod before posting.

7. EscapeDummy

EscapeDummy Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

How unhealthy/dangerous is it? I have gotten a ~170 bpm after mdma and dancing, or after marijuana and running, etc (for some reason swims hr always shoots up to 100+ when smoking weed, even if sedentary). You friends say they have definitely gotten ~140 from cocaine. If this "b2" is some piperazine or strong stimulant, wouldn't 170 be "ok" for a short period of time?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  8. Seaquake

Seaquake Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    100% heart rate for a man aged 22 is 198. 168 is in the anaerobic exercise zone but isn't dangerous.

I had a HR of 168 induced by too much alcohol and a bang to the head, thus causing the body to attempt to sober him up with adrenalin. ambulance were concerned but that was more because they thought he might have taken something else to raise the heart beat, which he hadn't.

the general equation for this is a man's 100% heart rate = 220 - age

9. Goku4ever

Goku4ever Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.K.
    My friend is going to be sending off a small sample to a laboratory for analysis, so I will post the findings in this thread. Should be up by the end of the week.

10. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    True but this is as a resting pulse rate. If you were to dance hard for several hours at a rave or something that would be anything but totally safe as that rate would almost certainly increase with strenuos activity. It also is worth noting that 3-4 hours is not a short period of time to have a heart rate above 120.

:joint:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  11. Goku4ever

Goku4ever Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.K.
    Right, sorry it took so long. Here is what he told me:

Theres also the spectro analysis, but I can't remember how to upload pictures to this site.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  12. Seaquake

Seaquake Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    here's the analysis thing.

[​IMG]

I'm not quite sure the above interpretation of the analysis is quite right. The way I read it, so it could well be wrong, is B2 is an 87.5% match to mephedrone. judging by the mephedrone traces B2 doesn't contain mephedrone because by the biggest peak that's seen in all of them at approx 1700 cm-1 there ought to be a peak to the right of it which isn't there on the B2 graph. though it is apparently something reasonably similar. seems to be somewhere between mephedrone and "nrg 1" (which ever version of nrg 1 they happen to have as a reference "unknown source" isn't very encouraging).

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  13. Phenoxide

Phenoxide Super Moderator Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    I have to agree that the original interpretation of the data doesn't seem to be correct. The list of matching substances is not sample composition, but rather the closest matches to "B2" from a searchable IR spectrum database. The mephedrone spectrum must have had a duplicate entry in the database which is why it comes up twice under different indices.

As shadowchaser says, the spectrum for "B2" and the spectrum for the mephedrone sample are similar but still far from a perfect match. The spectra in the 1500-2000cm-1 range are not very similar, which might suggest the ring system (and attached groups) of "B2" is not a close match to mephedrone.

It's hard to draw a firm conclusion without knowing how big the search database was. Mephedrone was the closest ranking match but I doubt most of the other beta-ketones are in the database at all. Had they been present then a perfect match may have been found. The closest matches are suggestive though.

IR spectroscopy simply isn't sufficient for conclusive identification though, especially if this substance is a mixture. If it is a mixture then without chromatographic separation the spectrum will be convoluted and near impossible to interpret blindly. I have no idea what the analyst was thinking by mixing the two batches of "B2" together for one test as this both complicates the analysis and throws away information (i.e. it'd be useful to know if the two products were consistent or different). Looking at the available data I would say that the substance is unlikely to be pure mephedrone, but given the high correlation to a number of reference spectra it is likely to contain beta-ketone(s) as the major components. Certainly enough to raise an eyebrow or two about its true legal status.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  14. Synesthesiac

Synesthesiac R.I.P. Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    From what I've heard of this the effects are nearly indistinguishable from pre-ban mephedrone. I'm not personally interested in it as I know fully well what I was like on mephedrone, but some people I know have started to buy this regularly as a mephedrone replacement. Does anyone have any ideas on the legality of this in the UK [cathinone, non cathinone?] or the actual chemical name ?

15. toxigal

toxigal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    you need to find a new lab. "2 variants of mephedrone" is non-sensical. Mephedrone is mephedrone is mephedrone. The fact that they are saying it is a mixture shows they dont' really know what they are doing since IR cannot be used to identify mixtures.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  16. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    The only 'variants' of methylone are the crystal and powder but the effects are the same. Mixing B1 and methylone is OK but only in small amounts, otherwise it can produce quite alarming racing of the heart. Add another stim to that-- not something my horse would try willingly.

17. Synesthesiac

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I'm starting to suspect that "B2" may in fact be 4-bromomethcathinone (4-BMC)

Although this idea is at the moment pure speculation until tested further.

18. Seaquake

Seaquake Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    would I be right in thinking that 4-bromo-methcathinone would be an intermediary step on the way to 4-mmc? from bromo-propiophenone?

19. Synesthesiac

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Dont know how credible this information is but a LOT of places are advertising it as the "3,4-methdioxy variant of Propylhexedrine". ?

Seems unlikely to me, but that's the line most vendors are going with ...

20. Seaquake

Seaquake Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Marquis tests possibly vary pale yellow/brown, mandelin fluorescent green. while it's much greener than the mephdrone I tested way back it suggests along with the other data it is very close to mephedrone. I think my simons is knackered though as there are black bits floating around in it.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011