Backpain due to Adderall usage

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by Kanarshi, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Kanarshi

Kanarshi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I recently obtained a new script for 10 mg non XR Adderalls 3 times a day , after being off of them for a year. About a week after SWIM starts takeing them his lowerback starts giveing him trouble dureing work, and his legs go numb and experices sharp pains in the bottom of his feet (that feel like cramps)...so he went back to the doc and she said it could be a rare side-effect of the medication...about 10 days later his back is still hurting so he goes to a diff doctor and he gets X rays,bloodwork, and a cat scan and they all come back normal (and a script for hydrocodon :) ) ...hes going back to the doctor tuesday afternoon... and wants to know if anyone has heard of this "rare side-effect" of adderall

2. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swim gets some back pains but it has more to do with the fact he'll sit in his computer chair talking to ppl for hours and hours without getting up, and then not eating, but for swiy's situation idk

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2009
  3. Kanarshi

Kanarshi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    iuno i just went back to the doc ( a diffrent one) amnd he said it may be a pinched nerve he wanst sure and gave me a referal to go see a orthopedic (bone doctor) so iuno it hasnt been hurting latley but the asshole on gave me 15 5mg hydrocodons isntead of 30 so im all out already (opiod tolerance is a bitch takes like 6 of them for me to even start feeling them probally due to methadone usage) ...it hasnt hurt at all this morniung i just took 7 adderall so i should find out for sure today

4. snowsie1221

snowsie1221 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    I have something to say.... although I think that a doctor would pick up on this... but You could be having gas pains of some sort, at least that would contribute to the fact of lower back pain. You numbness in his legs and sharp pains.... nerves.... body adjusting to the medication, You could be dehydrated.... Sometimes not eating enough could do this to You Look at You action of that particular day, then You could make an educated guess.... Swim opinion on doctors of the generations before our own, they are basic, most likely never partied or lived outside the lines.... Swim thinks that in the upcoming medical generations SWNU will see a whole new breed of doctors capable of much more proper diagnoses ability.

5. Querjek

Querjek Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Usually when I takes Adderall, his feet become cold and his upper-arms and back usually become sore. He believes that this is due to a slight (almost unnoticable) numbness in these areas which results in him accidentally sitting uncomfortably (thereby straining his back) without noticing.

6. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    swim gets it to no solid proof but IMHO it comes from clecnhing your lower back muscles whjile on adderall,kinda like you clench your jaw.just swim guesse

7. stoneinfocus

stoneinfocus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    kidneys...

8. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    mmmm juicy kidneys....

co-incidence:what do you mean kidneys?are you saying its the kidney that are clenching and not the back?are you also speculating on this?

9. rod

rod Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have never had a problem you have, but during a day swim can take 9 0r 10 Somas ahd can lay down at nite and have leg cramps and backache all nite

10. stoneinfocus

stoneinfocus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Yes, I mean and I really think it´s the action of the stuff on the kidney that cuases the pain, speculating, that any form of occuring dydtrophy maybe another inetraction of the k´s metabolims causes the pain, which is typically felt as löower back pain.

I am an elite athlete and thinks he knows his shit when it comes to sceletal muscle pain and the cause of them, also, like in nearly every elite sport there´s a considerable force upon your lower back -it´s your "power" center, so if it was cramping, it would occur in swim when doing it for hours or afterwards, which it doens´t but he knows from his childhood how kindey-pain is feels like... it _coud_ be cramping but I think cramping´s more associated withing the lesser trained neck-region, than a well trained lower back and then it´s also not necessarily induced by an amphetamine-drug, although it might facilate it...

Anyway, the pain of cramping and tension feels slightly differnet than that
    caused by the kidneys and fi swi mmeets up with some friends that do bodybulding or alike and doing speed in lager quantities, complaining about back-pain, I think it not the well trained, hardly ever then cramping lower back muscle pain, but more likely the kidneys.... could be totally wrong but maybe there´s somthing to it.
    (i.e. if you want to make/if something something grow/s it hurts, if it shrinks resp. atrophies it might hurt)

11. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    I get back pain from extended use of any/all stimulants. Caused by muscle strain mostly, but the kidney thing is probably worth getting checked to rule it out.

12. snowsie1221

snowsie1221 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    every person is made up differently... from swiu genetic code to how much water swiu needs to drink to stay hydrated to how many pills swiu takes before swiu feels the effects... some out there could take anything or do anything and feel none of the shitty side effects... and then again I has known people who feel messed up off of advil and a cocktail... taking different types of substances with eachother make them all work differently.... swim hates the feeling of hydro. and adderall..... also adderall is a mixture of amphet. salts... meaning You may be dehydrated... which could cause lower back pain.

13. EscapeDummy

EscapeDummy Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have actually gotten quite a bit of muscle pains from adderall and vyvanse. His shoulders (trapezius) get very tense and sore, as does his upper and lower back. He also had a strange moment where his thighs right above his knees were quite painful, but that only lasted a second.

14. barbaby89

barbaby89 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have felt muscle tension in his back as well. Most likely due to the overactivity (twacked out cleaning everything) or sitting in the same position for an extremely long time (for homework). I use to a couple miles everyday which significantly helped.

15. Christian1122

Christian1122 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    When my friend takes adderall, his lower back does indeed hurt. He also gets really cold like someone mentioned above. He to sits at the computer a lot and this could be why. Adderall is known to cause aches and pains. He wouldn't be to worried about it, especially if the doctor said he couldn't find anything wrong. And especially if he got some hydrocodone's haha.

It does make sense. Uppers cause your body to tense up, or whatever that fight or flight effect thing is, and this probably causes tenser muscles all the time, which could ultimately lead to pains around the body.

16. dark12

dark12 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Although I haven't heard much about back pain as a side affect of amphetamine, SWIM also experiences back pains when he takes medium to high dosages of his ADHD meds. None of the pharmacists that SWIM works with have heard of it either. SWIM really has no idea what to do about this issue. SWIM notices that it usually happens when he is stressed so perhaps it has to do with increased muscle tension?

17. Squeekz

Squeekz Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    SWIM never really thought about it, but now when he thinks back he did get back pain a couple times when he studied all night. He had a numb shoulder for like a week and had to get it checked out, however he thinks it probably wasn't the adderall, but his posture... leaning over a coffee table for hours isn't exactly ideal.

As for your legs getting numb, it could be because adderall and many other stimulants are vasoconstrictors, meaning your blood vessels constrict meaning less blood flow to appendages meaning cold/numb hands and feet. This also explains why you might have some serious shrinkage down in the crotchular region!! :s:s

18. dark12

dark12 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Good point. I am studying for his last final that he has today and his back is killing him. It is definitely most likely due to him sitting over his desk for 30 hours over the past two days. Not fun...

19. MuzikMinded

MuzikMinded Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Haha SWIM laughed when he saw this post because his back pain is due to the same thing :crazy My how time flies when you's buzzing...

But to the OP, You should maybe consider switching medication if it interferes significantly enough with you's daily routine's... To be honest I takes anything to do with the back seriously as back pain has the tendency to resurface and worsen as time goes on...

As some of the other posters have mentioned, a combination of muscle tension, poor posture, dehydration (this is a major cause for SWIM), poor blood flow to the muscles, and any possible adverse reactions You might have to the medication could come into play...

Remember: Pain is the body's way of telling You "Hey, something's not right here..." so always take heed...

at any rate I advise You to continue seeing the doctor if the back pain persists...

20. nuggs313

nuggs313 Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from Murder mitten
    Yea when the bird did XR it caused my kidneys to throb it sucked sticking with my IR