Experiences - Bad LSD Trips

Discussion in 'LSD' started by happatai, May 2, 2005.

1. happatai

happatai Newbie

Reputation Points:
    What is your ratio of good to bad trips? I have only had good trips so
    far, but I dont want to have a bad trip one day and never try it
    again.. Who has been in the position?

2. korky8097

korky8097 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    never had a bad acid trip, due to the fact that i really prepare myself
    before trips. I read the psycadelic experience before every trip
    and a few chapters out of high priest. If you are ready and know
    what is going on, you wont have a bad trip. I did however have a
    bad salvia trip, not horrible, but not good. Salvia really grabs
    you by the balls fast. I reccomend reading the second part to the
    psycadelic experiment while on the come up, well read it first on your
    own time and read the parts you need to know again on the come
    up. And a trip sitter is always a great idea. Btw the books
    i spoke of above are leary books, check out amazon.

3. MescalinePirate

MescalinePirate Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would say two-thirds of my trips on acid have been what would be
    considered bad. But I actually prefer them [therefore, making them
    good?]. I just like to really get freaked out on drugs, like how I used
    to like horror movies before they got lame.

4. prospero

prospero Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Never had a completely bad trip, or completely good one either. I find during the course of a trip there will be periods of both, though mainly good. Like Mescalinepirate I find the bad just as good for learning as good. If a bad trip gets too heavy I find there's nothing like a brisk walk to shake off the negativity.

5. korky8097

korky8097 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    its all about being ready for it. Ive really practiced and read
    up on how to trip correctly and understand these visuals which seem
    bad. Its kinda cool actually, like when me and my 2 best friends
    were on dxm, we took a good 450mg or so. One friend thought he
    was going to die and was freaked the hell out mainly because he had no
    idea how to comprehend these visuals and feelings he got, he never
    learned the right way. The other friend can tollerate bad visuals
    but is not good at it all yet. I had been working on
    meditation, astral projection, and proper insightful tripping so when i
    saw like ax's swinging like a pendilum and falling thorught the floor
    to see all these burried things, i understood that I am the one
    projecting this, my mind is doing this. When you can comprehend
    this, you can start to think about why your mind is doing this, and
    really rewards you with some great insight. I guess you could say
    this was a "bad" trip in a sense that i didnt see god or fractals or
    cool shit, but i learned from that trip. Read the book by leary
    called "the psycadelic experience, based on the tiberian book of the
    dead" You can find it on amazon for cheep. Good luck

6. FryDay

FryDay Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The main bad trips that I have had are mainly induced by fear from society based things, and from fear that the media/family/schooling has put into my brain. Those are usually because I am unprepared for the drug that I am taking and am in a public place, or have the wrong set and setting. Being prepared is the best advice.

7. dedly

dedly Newbie

Reputation Points:
    never had a bad acid trip. alot that were freaky that were hard to handle , but no, no bad trips. i think it all depends on the mood you're in and the people you're with and the envirom\nment. of course, people carrying heavy psychological problems "baggage" we call it, shoild nto do acid...
    i remember 1 trip at a party i threw and everyone was on this escecially good acid and the walls were melting and the curtains blowing in (windows closed) and i had 1 of those revelations where i knew the entire universe and the nature of man and godz and universe.... DAMN -- i wish i could capture that again!!! cheers, y'all. -d-.

8. psykochamane

psykochamane Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from france
    There are only trips... some better than the other one Or the opposite![​IMG]

9. kaide

kaide Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Bad Trips On LSD

Previously, I have never had a bad trip.

I was justcurious whether any of you have, what happened?

10. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I have never had a bad trip on acid but he has on shrooms before. Basically, I felt like he was aproaching death and there was nothing he could do about it. Then he started questioning everything he had known and didnt know what was real. SWIM forgot his parents name age and so on and feared he would never regain this knowledge. He kept thinking to himself, how am I going to explain this to my parents, the fact that I dont even know their name. Then he started thinking about the sport he was involved in and wondered is he had ever hit his head on the diving board (which he hadnt). Then he started creating flase memories in his head that he had, and that he would hit his head again and eventually die from this if he did not quit the sport soon. SWIM turned on some music thinking this might relax him but it did just the opposite. The music kept speeding up and I couldnt even keep up. Then he turned the music off and he could still hear it. Then once the music turned off in my head, satanic voices started talking to SWIM in a very threatening tone. I couldnt understand what they were saying but surely it was of bad nature. Then I took some a baggie out of his pocket with some XTC and xanax. He didnt know what to do and he was about to take a tab, which probably would have been a very bad idea but he was out of his mind at the time. Then on a whim he took the bar and 30 minutes later his trip stopped. 2mg of xanax completely stoped the trip which was a very good thing. Luckily I took the bar instead of the tab, who knows what would have happened if he took the tab. Throught the whole trip SWIM though he probably took the wrong kind of mushrooms and he was done for. With his eyes closed, I could see colorful mushrooms with faces and they were taunting him. I did not respect mushrooms at this time and thats why he had a bad trip. After this he realized that you just cant take mushrooms and expect to have a great time, its really up to the mushrooms, and SWIM learned to hold a high level of respect for the shroom. my next trip was awesome because he just let it flow. You really have to respect shrooms or they will kick your ass. I was young and naive and thats why the shrooms took control of him. If you think you will never have a bad trip, you will. I thought so and I had the worst trip ever. Previous to this I had only had one semi bad trip. This time he was on his computer tripping balls and popups kept coming up like ten at a time. Hundreds probably came up in a few minutes. This really scared SWIM and made his trip go bad for a bit, but then it stopped and I was okay. Never had a bad trip on acid, only bad ass trips with nice visuals and euphoria. I dont know why this is, but for SWIM acid just doesnt cause the anxiety that shrooms do. High dose acid trips cause ego death, but it doesnt feel like real death. High doses of shrooms is more like DMT and it feels like your really dying to SWIM. DMT is nice because its like 5 minutes, but a few hours of this!!! SWIM still loves shrooms and hasnt had a bad trip since. You just gotta remember not to drive on shrooms, even if you think they arent going to kick in soon. SWIM and his friend had this method of making shroom tea, where they got 100+ shrooms and put them in a pot with a tiny bit of water. They boiled it and were left with a small glass of potent shroom tea. my took their glasses and took off to their destination only to find out they were tripping harder than they ever had within 10 minutes. SWIM dropped off his friend and drove home and suprisingly, My mom was pulling up at the same time! Great! I could barely walk straight because the visuals were so strong, so he immedietly went upstairs. My mom had to have known something was up becauseI could hear his mom and sister talking downstairs saying "Whats up with SWIM". LOL what a night. Maybe the trip wouldnt have been so bad if I wasnt driving on the comeup and if my mom hadnt pulled up right when he got home. Just goes to show that set and setting are SO IMPORTANT. If I would have been alone chilling in his house then the trip probably would have been quite nice, but this didnt happen. I am glad he had the bad trip though because its very humbling. My mind set also wasnt very good at this time. He was kinda depressed about this girl before he took the shrooms. SHROOMS + DEPRESSION = VERY BAD IDEA. Seriously dont even think about taking shrooms if you have something on your mind. I know this is in the LSD forum but I have never had a bad LSD trip, but IM sure its somewhat similar to a bad shroom trip. HEHE hope this helps you. Peace

11. brabbet2001

brabbet2001 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    o ya my bad. iv only had one bad trip its preaty much like a paranoia attack x3. your heart pounds u get reail hot and u feel like ur going to die. then ull wake up in the morning and have the acid shits and ull sleep for 24 hours garenteed. but ull eventuly get over it.

12. kaide

kaide Newbie

Reputation Points:
    did u guys ever think twice bout stop tripping?

13. raven3davis

Reputation Points:
    Did SWIM ever think twice about terminating the trip are you asking. Well, really SWIM (Somone who isnt me) was tripping so hard that he didnt know much of what was going on. He figured a xanax might chill him out so he took it. Sure he thought twice about this, probably hundreds of times. Thoughts were racing through his mind, he even almost took ecstasy instead. Xanax is definitely a good thing to have on hand when your tripping, even if you dont want to terminate the trip you can take it at the tail end of your trip so you will be able to go to sleep relatively easily.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2006
  14. nirvana

nirvana Newbie

Reputation Points:
    does xanax always counteract trip anxiety? has anyone tried
    this more than once?

15. panamapaul

panamapaul Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    My first trip was a bummer. I got the idea in my head that I would never come down...would trip forever. (It did last around a month to some degree) Since then, the only bad trips I've had (they're rare, thank goodness) are when I'm sick with a cold or sore throat and insist upon tripping anyway. I make it a rule now to never trip while sick or even if I'm feeling a little down. This seems to eliminate the bad trips. Oh yeah, and I avoid listening to country music.

16. raven3davis

Reputation Points:
    Xanax has the power to calm SWIM every time. Never have had to use it for a bad trip again though because that was my only bad trip on mushrooms. I would imagine this result is fairly consistant though. NO matter what I write there is really no way to explain how bad of a trip this was. Imageine every bad emotion you have felt, every bad situation you have had to deal with, every ounce of sorrow your have felt in your life, and this is what I was feeling like when in the bad trip. Popped a xanax and within like 15 minutes I was feeling better. He was still tripping but he was feeling great. He started running around the house like a maniac. He was laughing and jumping around, still tripping quite hard but the anxiety was gone. Then during the next 15 minutes the trip slowly subsided to sobriety. It was wierd. I didnt think it would completeloy terminate the trip he was just looking to take the edge off. Instead, 30 minutes after taking the xanax I was nearly 100% back to baseline, a bit barred out even. The xanax took over completely. SWIM never would have imagined that a little bar could be so powerful but dont underestimate those little things. I dunno if this effect is common, but I would imagine that xanax will consistently take the anxiety away from a trip. 2mg did the job nicely. SWIM probably could have even taken like 1/4 of a bar (.5mg) and that dose might have been sufficient enough to calm him down but at the same time not terminate the trip. 2mg might be overkill, but if you are in a tight situation like I was it is well worth it.

17. armatitumor

armatitumor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I have had one bad trip, and it was because his mom kept calling him
    during a mushrooms trip. This made him very paranoid and he was worried
    there was some sort of emergency, but he was in no state of mind to
    answer. It turned out that she was just making a casual call, and she
    tried a few times throughout the night, but SWIM greatly magnified the
    situation in his mind and it turned him very paranoid. The trip wasn't
    all bad though, SWIM turned off his cell phone about halfway through
    and began having a much better time.

The moral of the story: phones + 'shrooms = bad.

18. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Absolutely. There's something so horrible about telephones whilst tripping. Even the sound of someone else's phones going off during the trip is a tad off-putting. We have it as a rule of thumb that everyone switches their phone off as soon as the shrooms or the LSD are ingested.Edited by: nature_boy_liam

19. cort

cort Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ive had a few trips that kind of went bad when i smoked. Everytime when i take over 2 hits of cid. It fucks me up bad And then the pain comes on in my neck. Smokin triggers something with acid when i do it. If i dont smoke every thing is good. And when everything goes bad i get sever neck pain. And there isint much information about it. know anything?

20. bandito

bandito Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Never had a bad trip, but coming up on my first 'full' 'cid was really overwhelming. I was in my back garden waiting for it to come on, getting all jittery etc, started making a spliff, and noticed that pieces of the tobacco in the spliff looked like it was red and alight. I was still rolling it though... lol I made the spliff and decided it was time to go lie down on the couch for while. Started walking through my house, through the kitchen etc to get to the living room... Everything was moving, and every single thing had trailers coming off the edges... My kitchen looked like it was on fire, wisps of smoke(trailers) comingfrom EVERY single edge as i moved through the kitchen... Amazing, looking back, but at the time i was in awe, even a little scared. I could barely walk, at least straight anyway, everything was moving and smokey wisps EVERYWHERE.

That walk from my back garden to my living room seemed like an ordeal that lasted ages, but really only took me a few seconds... lol I got to thecouch, fell onto it and tried to relax. Next thing i remember was seeing avril lavigne on MTV swaying from side to side, playing a guitar andsinging some shite song, but it looked amazing, the damn trailers... I had to ask other straight pplin the room if that was actually happening on the TV(they nervously laughed and said "er, no..") The rest of the room was fairly normal, but the TV was another story. After that, i was enjoying every minute of it. Monty pythons the meaning of life movie was hilarious... Theact with the doctors and the woman giving birth...[​IMG] And the third world act... Damn, if your english you will love how that act begins... [​IMG] Especially tripping. lol

Tags: