1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Effects - Bali Kratom powder + lemon juice (or grapefruit or seltzer) = any good results?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Nogamenolife, May 31, 2014.

1. Nogamenolife

Nogamenolife Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This is my first time using it. I've seen threads dedicated to prep, and a lot of them recommend boiling it with water and lemon juice to pull out the alkaloids. However, many people say heat will destroy some of the alkaloids. Would this room-temperature prep work better or worse than a basic hot tea brew?

1) Bali Kratom powder

2) Just enough lemon juice to cover the power.

That's it. No other ingredients, and no heat. I'd let that sit for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, then drink. (I'm NOT worried about the taste!). The other options would be putting the powder in my mouth, then drinking it down with either white grapefruit juice or seltzer water.

The reason I don't have measurements yet is because I don't know how much I'll need to get my desired result. I'm going for sedation, not a stimulant effect. I want an effect similar to anesthesia. Would using a higher dose of kratom give me that result?

Nogamenolife added 3 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

Btw, I disagree with the people who said any heat will destroy the alkaloids. I'm just wondering if this room-temp prep will work just as well.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  2. Openmymind

Openmymind Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    From my experience , boiling the tea on low will make it hit stronger. boil it on a low temperature just enough to make the water steam.

Do that for atleast 20 minutes. It hits the quickest.

The lemon way you're doing it is probably less than ideal for maximum quickness in the absorbency. It'll work just as water will, but in my experience acidity doesn't really do anything to increase the absorbency of Kratom once you drink it.

Also before you go and take a heroic dose , I'm gonna link you to a post i made from when i over dosed on kratom . It's downright unpleasant, https://drugs-forum.com/threads/245812.

I've found that the pain killing effect is very well worth it, even if you're still stimulated. In my experience once you cross into that sedation zone, It's very tricky to find a proper dosage to enjoy your experience.

Heres some advice, again from experience.

If you want sedation. Take a normal dosage that would usually get you stimulated. at some point you'll start to feel calm again. When that calmness hits, redose and you'll prolong the relaxing sedation effect from the kratom.

Also, although i don't like maeng Da as a strain for the most part, As it doesn't fit my needs It does get you into the sedation zone more quickly than any other strain i've tried. Bali Is much better for a mix of stimulation and sedation is which my favorite way to be.

3. Nogamenolife

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thanks for the info!

One question about the prep you suggested: When you're heating up the tea, do you add anything else to the water? Or is it just Kratom & water?

4. Openmymind

Openmymind Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Kratom and water is how it's done. Stirring helps.

I tried out a new method today actually.

get a shot glass. fill it with kratom. Pour apple juice into the glass. the kratom will goto the top, And shoot it down.

Tasted of apple juice mostly. Not the most intense way, but it was easy.

5. Nogamenolife

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thanks!

6. Openmymind

Openmymind Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Having an empty stomach is probably the best way to guarantee a strong experience with kratom.

No problem Buddy.

7. nikl

nikl Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Czech Republic
    How to prevent the kratom nausea? Eat some nonjunk food half an hour after you ingest kratom. I noticed that whenever I become hungry, I also get really nauseated really fast, so keep your stomach full. Also there is a thin line between nice affects and mild OD, be very carefull when finding it (you will probably need more attempts) and don't get greedy, throwing your guts up is not worth it.

8. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Boiling the kratom will not damage the alkaloids.
    People boil it in water for 20 minutes with a squeeze of lemon juice to acidify the water and then strain out the powder and drink the tea.

Sitting it in lemon juice is not going to do anything other than make it taste like shit.
    If you are going to ingest the powder then at least mix it with something not as nasty as pure lemon juice.

9. Bree Davenport

Bree Davenport Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I don't have lemon juice handy, will white grapefruit juice work the same since its acidic?

10. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Sure, or lime juice or whatever.
    It's not essential, just helps a little.

11. Bree Davenport

Bree Davenport Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thanks ianzombie. I mixed the powder in coconut/pineapple yogurt and added grapefruit juice to thin it out...made it much easier to get down. When I mixed it in yogurt yesterday without the added juice I was gagging on it because it was so thick.

12. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    The lemon juice is added to water when making tea to help in the extraction, there is no need/point in adding it to yoghurt as you are consuming the powder and not extracting the alkaloids into water.

13. Bree Davenport

Bree Davenport Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    As I said in my post, I used it to thin out the yogurt because it was too hard to eat with just the powder mixed in. Just speaking purely on taste and the ability to choke it down, not to add any effect. But yeah when I asked earlier about substituting it for the lemon juice, I was considering the tea but ended up going the yogurt route instead.