1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Scandal - Baltimore Orioles' Chris "Crush" Davis Tests Positive For Adderall

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Beenthere2Hippie, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Beenthere2Hippie

Beenthere2Hippie The Constant Optimist Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    [​IMG]BALTIMORE - Chris "Crush" Davis, the Baltimore Orioles slugger who cracked 53 home runs in 2013, was suspended for 25 games after testing positive for Adderall.

The suspension is effective immediately and will cover Baltimore's final 17 games of the season before carrying over for the first eight games of the postseason. The Orioles are currently perched in first place with a 10 game lead in the American League East.

News first broke when Baltimore Sun sports reporter Dan Connolly tweeted that Davis had been suspended. Major League Baseball later confirmed the report.

After struggling four or five seasons of his career, Davis broke out in a big way when he hiChrit 53 homers and batted .286 with 138 RBIs in 2013. His sudden power surge prompted some to accuse Davis of using performance-enhancing drugs, though Adderall—a prescription drug used to treat ADHD—does not fall under MLB's drug policy.

Major League players sometimes receive exemptions to use Adderall, a practice that has earned its share of criticism since professional baseball players are prescribed the drug at twice the rate as that of the general public.

Davis claimed to have received such an exemption for the 2013 season, but said in a statement that he did not have permission to use Adderall this year.

"I apologize to my teammates, coaches, the Orioles organization and especially the fans," Davis said. "I made a mistake by taking Adderall. I had permission to use it in the past, but do not have a therapeutic use exemption (TUE) this year. I accept my punishment and will begin serving my suspension immediately."

The Fix/ September 12, 2014

http://www.thefix.com/news#justin19055

Newshawk Crew

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017