Oral use - Barbituates

Discussion in 'Downers and sleeping pills' started by lolomgwtfbbq, Jun 13, 2005.

1. lolomgwtfbbq

lolomgwtfbbq Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Are barbituates still popular at all?

I just found out I'll be able to get access to a large amount of
    phenobarbitol which is actually completely legal in the country I'm
    going to and I was wondering if it's even worth it or anything because
    nobody really does it where I live.

2. BrandonAA

BrandonAA Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i have tried phenobarbital. it's nice, it is however something i really only enjoy when mixing w/ opiates or benzodiazepines. i just hope you are not paying some taxed ass price. are they 60mg's?

3. lolomgwtfbbq

lolomgwtfbbq Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Uh it's like XX for 2 grams [yes, grams. yay.], it's liquid. They sell it as an OTC sleep aid. [​IMG]

[If that mention of price wasn't allowed, a mod can edit that.]

Edited by: lolomgwtfbbq

No prices allowed. Period.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2006
  4. Red_Baran

Red_Baran Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    where do they sell any Barbituates otc? because im pretty sure there scheduled in the US. Edited by: Red_Baran

5. Mike177

Mike177 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    they don't sell Barbiturates otc... Barbiturates are highly controlled substances in the US available by prescription only and Barbs are rarely prescribed these days. Benzodiezapines are much more common these days and are safer as well.

Peace,

Mike

6. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    The person who posted this lives in the United States, according to their profile. I'm curious as to what country this person actually lives in, I've never heard of 'barbs sold OTC. Wherever this person is from, I want to be, haha.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2006
  7. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    He said he will be able to get barbituates in the country he is going to. I'm curious as to what country that is.

8. goslamsomeTHC

goslamsomeTHC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    i have an unlimited supply the phenobarbital, so long as my dog is alive. every 2 months she gets 240 pills 60 mg and has to take 4 a day due to epileptic seizures. :)

1. 3/5,
      I found it ineteresting that the dog was prescribed to phenobarbital. The topic of animals and medications doesn't come up too much.
      Feb 6, 2006
  9. pharmapsyche

Reputation Points:
    goslamsomeTHC, that's really cool! I feel bad for your dog though, does he/she have seizures a lot? Also, what's his dosage schedule? I read somewhere that animals can be placed on any med a human can be put on. It must be true, obviously! Very interesting.

10. goslamsomeTHC

goslamsomeTHC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    she has seizures about once or twice a month average, lately more though, as the doctor said the seizures usually can come in "clusters." In the morning she receievs 2 60 mg orally, then two again at night as an anticonvulsant. also in the morning she takes a liquid solution to help, i can't think of the name right now though. it is a non-narcotic. yeah the animal thing seems true enough, and maybe even easier in pets than humans since they can't complain about like side effects like nausea, lol. oh yeah one more thing benzenrings, don't feel too bad, just the way some things are, and when i catch her in the middle of one they are usually very brief and not as bad as could be.

11. goslamsomeTHC

goslamsomeTHC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    man i just realized my grammar was horrible in my first post, i was a little hammered :)

12. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Your basically stealling meds from your dog man? That's harsh, your dog needs them more than you do. Unless I misunderstood something here, which ATM is very possible. In Which case I'm sorry.

13. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I think, like all drugs, barbs are popular in some places but not others. Suprisingly, I have never heard of anyone speak of barbs but surely they are around. The wierd thing is that they are on most drug tests while benzos like valium and xanax arent. ISO barbs are much less popular than benzos. It seems that benzos are much more safe so they are more wide spread. I have little knowledge of barbs because he has never came across them and never plans on it.

14. pharmapsyche

Reputation Points:
    I've had a few experiences with butalbital, which is found in Fioricet along with acetaminophen and caffeine. I absolutely loved it. The benzodiazepines have almost totally replaced the barbiturates, which is sort of sad even though benzodiazepines are wonderful. I would love it if barbs were more common here in the USA. The only other barbiturate that I would ever imagine coming across is phenobarbital, since it's still prescribed for epilepsy.

15. goslamsomeTHC

goslamsomeTHC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    hey bcstoner, i was just saying that if need be, you know man, cuz one day i realized that my dog is a fucking barb-head, and have only taken a total of 5 from her, don't like barbs that much anyways. i dunno i'll just stick to pot, booze, shrooms, mesc., and occasionally acid