Drug info - Basic Datura Questions

Discussion in 'Nightshades' started by Cloud_Man, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Cloud_Man

Cloud_Man Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ok, i'm ordering some datura from here:

[READ THE RULES! No sources outside the sources forum.]

A few questions:

1. How many hits do I need to take to get fucked up?
    2. How long will it take for me to feel the effects?
    3. How much does it take to OD on this stuff?

Edited by: Alfa

2. Cloud_Man

Cloud_Man Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Oh yea, which type of Datura should I buy?

3. QGdoxl

QGdoxl Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    man I ain't brave enuf to fuck wit that shit I wish I could help ya but sorry

4. panchovilla

panchovilla Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Man, if you don't even know which species ofDatura to buy you need to stop and research Datura before you fuck yourself up, as in Fucked up dead.

Oh, sorry, I would say that Datura is for growing in your garden not ingesting in your body. I mean I know there are some crazy fuckers who do it every day like this one shaman dude out east some where. I grow Datura metel as an ornamental in the garden. My friend drank a brew of it once and he was fucked up for a week in a BAD WAY. Well, once he stopped pissing out his ass and puking his vision was distorted for a week. IN the US some kids got the bright idea to end there life early by trying to trip on Datura stramonium. I have read where people had EYE OPENING experiences on it. My advice is don't do it; I don't think Datura should be considered a ethnobotanical because it has killed too many people.

If you still think it might be a good idea, I would suggest opting out of the Datura and try some Salvia divinorum, I don't think as many people take dirt knaps after that one.Edited by: panchovilla

5. Eirias

Eirias Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    You're not supposed to name sources for any products here, only in the "sources" forum. Also, I would not recommend anyone messing with any solanaceous plants that contain tropanes like scopalamine, hyoscamine, and atropine. There is simply too much variation from specimen to specimen to establish a consistently safe yet active dose. However, smoking is definitely the safest way to go if you must try it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2009
  6. PenguinPhreak

PenguinPhreak Newbie

Reputation Points:
    DO NOT fuck with Datura. Datura is an extremely potent deleriant for only the most experienced Shaman or psychonauts. Datura can vary in alkaloid content immensely. A dose that is a mild trip could be a horrific overdose from plant to plant. Also datura is extremely long in duration, often up to 3-4 days during which time you will be too out of it to keep yourself out of harm without the assistance of a trip sitter. Not to mention that the effects of datura are usually described as anything but fun or enjoyable. Datura is rarely used for recreational purposes for a reason, and most stupid enough to use it that way end up in the hospital.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2009
  7. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Cloud man, I see to many damn people like you, and the sad thing is, they are usually young kids goin from high to high just to say they've done it all. I will not help you with any info because I believe that anyone willing to do this stuff MUST research it on they're own. Most people who research this on they're own come to the conclusion that this is not a good ethno to try.

8. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I will answer your questions:

1. The amount of hits smoked varies completely with each plant even if it is the same kind it could have more or less toxicity than the last plant. This is one reason datura is so dangerous.
    2. Usually with smoking datura you will feel a change in your perception, something will seem off but you will not know exactly what it is. This is when you quit smoking and do not take any more hits, no matter what. Alot of times people think they are uneffected by it and continue to ingest/smoke even though the effects have began to take hold. Datura is tricky moreso with tea ingestion which is much more dangerous.
    3. How much it takes to send you to the hospital could be a very small amount depending on the plant. This question is practicly impossible to answer.

Playing with datura is like playing with a deadly cobra, those who go into it without the proper knowledge come out dead. Those who know what they are doing will succeed, but even the trainers get bit each once in a while.

9. Softrat

Softrat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    "Playing with datura is like playing with a deadly cobra, those who go into it without the proper knowledge come out dead. Those who know what they are doing will succeed, but even the trainers get bit each once in a while."

This is the best analogy I have ever heard of Datura use.

CLoud man the questions you ask show you are not ready to mess around with something like Datura. If person ever descides to try this one it should be only after years and years of educated and resposible use of other drugs. And you must have studied the nature of delirients inside and out so you know what you are getting in to.

10. TumajNuri

TumajNuri Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from Tabriz, Iran.
    Greetings and Salute...

I am one of the few who gets good effects from Deliriants. I often use them for ritualistic purposes. Datura is probably the strongest hallucinogen I've ever taken. According to Wikipedia, The Datura genus actually contains nine different species. But many of these alkaloids are anti-cholinergic hallucinogens and poisons. All parts of the plant contain toxic hallucinogens but seeds and young leaves contain the highest amount of toxic alkaloids. An individual Datura seed contains about 0.1 mg of atropine. The darker the seeds the stronger they are.

If this is the first time you take a Deliriant, I highly recommend that you start with low doses. Grind 15 seeds in mortar and pestle (I would advise against taking more.) Mix the powder with tea or juice and drink it. On low doses, the effects start after about one hour and can last for hours while strong doses can cause effects lasting for 2/3 days. Most people find their Datura experiences extremely unpleasant both mentally and often physically. The more you take the worse you feel. Have water and a sober sitter with you while tripping. Use extreme caution and harm reduction practices when using this drug So be careful cuz this drug has sent people much stronger than you to their grave. The visuals produced by any deliriant are hard or impossible to tell apart from reality (So called frank hallucinations.)

Good luck...

11. Thinking_Iris

Thinking_Iris Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from new zealand
    @TumajNuri I think recommending 15 seeds is a bit dumb, plant material varies and I've had a pod that I wouldn't give 15 seeds to a beginner considering how tripped I got off it with tolerance!
    But I also agree 15 seeds is an ok amount generally speaking it wouldn't cause delirium. I think the only way to sensibly suggest a dose is from material that one has already sampled.

I think a lot more than a few people enjoy datura they just aren't on the Internet.
    I believe the majority of information on how to use the plant isn't on the Internet either and there is a lot of information that isn't found on forums. One has to really dig to find anything, this seems to follow the datura frame work: the more light you learn to see even more darkness manifests. Just look at the thread on peoples experiences a lot of bad trips, people talking how dumb it is and among all that a few really good reports.

Anyway there is a lot more to be said about why information can't/won't be posted anywhere, probably deserves it's own thread.
    Basically research it's use, take the bad trip reports with a pinch of salt and find a plant to talk to.