Be Careful With DMT Dosages

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by rizla677, Sep 14, 2006.

1. rizla677

rizla677 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o
    swim just smoked the spice for the first time(eyballed dose).Swim now regrets being a fool and not making sure it wasn't too much. he was not prepared, honeslty was the most frightening thing I has ever been through. after the first hit I was smothered in fear of poisoning himself, grabed the nearest thing he could and drank it. swamped in visuals if I didn't think he was going to die he would have definatly enjoyed it. al he could think of was "what have i done" and when is this gonna end. honestly never felt like that before, he almost screamed out for his mother.
    I didn't break through into another relm but this may be down to swim trying desperatly to shut it out and pray he was gonna live. if this wasn't enough to break through then I feel maybe breaking through is not a good idea. how can you try to make it more pleasurable?
    I have been punished for his lack of respect and has been left severly shaken and also feels very stupid. I will try again but after a long time.

give maximum repect for this drug!

2. TheAngryGolfer

TheAngryGolfer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    sounds like you's fear of poisoning yourself is what caused You to freak out like that.
    the first time I tried DMT it was stuff he extracted himself (this was the beginning of this yr). he too as paranoid about poisoning himself with the lyer used in the extraction. so what he did the first time was smoke a TINY dose, not enough to trip but enough to know whether the vapors were harmful. they did nothing so he knew it was ok... but also thought it may be inactive because he thought DMT was super powerful even at low doses. he was pleasantly surprised when he smoked a full dose :)

anyway, now You knows its not poison. next time he does it, he should not be worried about poisoning himself.

also, one hit definately isnt too much, it usually takes 2-4 to finish a good sized dose unless you have extraordinary lung capacity. in fact, low doses can be more confusing and uncomfortable than higher doses.

the main thing for the next time is don't fight it. You should be in a comfortable place, take his hits quickly and lay back and go with the flow. He will probably enjoy it very much.

3. rizla677

rizla677 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o
    thanks, swim this morning woke to realisation that I has done drugs not to learn but to prove to himself he is cool. he muist take some time to integrate hise xperience, but the more I think about it the more it did seem cool,(although frightening)
    swim actuallly took two hits but was unable to do the third, while tripping he drank a bottle of water which i couldn't see properly it tasted like solvant, adding to the fear and confusion. I will try to let the fear go next time.
    peace

4. Marsofold

Marsofold Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    DMT is not a lightweight drug. The most common word used to describe the trip is "intense". Even experienced trippers used to acid and shrooms are often shocked by its power. The rapid onset, everything turning into rotating multicolor triangles, and when breakthrough occurs - the overwhelming change to a completely different world...these things can be very frightening. Persons going into a DMT trip should expect an extreme experience...that lasts for minutes, then it's over and it's back to planet Earth. Not a party drug...

5. peregrin23

peregrin23 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    Re: be careful

in my experience the capacity for fear is natural and he thinks necessary,to approach this experience with too much confidence is an open invitation to getting sat on your arse.
    swims most beautiful journey was one undetaken with a sense of the sacred and a concious opening to the very real power of love,consequently the experience had saturation of this and swim came out feeling very good about life indeed!

6. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway

The one and only time SWIM ever smoked DMT he was scared before smoking it, really scared, he was sweating and short of breath.
    But I think that is why the Spirits took pity on him and gave him the most beautiful experience of his life, complete with glassolalia(spelling?) and "pineal orgasm".
    I think it's best to approach DMT with a very serious respect, or it will teach you a lesson.
    And, for the love of God, have a sitter present, that way you can trust that your body will be taken care of. As well as other assurances good friends give.

Edit: When swim tried Ayahuasca the first time he had a vision of a tree that opened it's eyes and stared challengingly into his eyes, it was not hostile, but it had "are you ready for this" written all over its smile. It went well and Swim hopes to see that tree again, some day.

7. N0ly

N0ly Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

its all about confidence. you have to be fully confident that nothing bad is going to happen if you think there is a possibility for something to go wrong then your just setting yourself up for a bad trip.

for example.
    The first time SWIN tried 5-meo-dmt he eyeballed the dose like a dumbass. not even having a hint of a clue as to what 2mg even looked like at all. first thought that he said came to his mind was "oh god i took too much." then he just started repeating "I took too much, I took too much too much." over and over again for about half an hour.

so long story short next time he measured it and found out that he had actually taken less than the suggested dose. so it really was all in his head.

8. rodent

rodent Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This reminds me of a time way back that SWIM decided to smoke a hit of crack out of his bowl. He fired it up and torched it really good.... and kept going with the torch as he seemed to be getting a great hit. Kept hitting hit and then while holding the hit he passed it to his girlfriend. Several seconds later as he holds the hit he notices the floor started swirling and he realizes this is the bowl the girlfriend had been smoking 5-meo-dmt out of. The last thing he thought and said was "ohhhhh f*ck, that had 5 in it" and *poooof* he was gone! Sometime later he returns mumbling "beer" over and over as that was all he could think of as an 'anitdote' for his situation.

That was the first time he had done 5-meo-dmt at a level above threshold being scared to go all the way.... seems he went anyways! The girlfriend loved the stuff at quite high doses and apparently didn't always finish what was in the bowl :eek:

The moral of this is not only to know your doses but never re-use pipes/bowls for different substances.

9. dancingbear

dancingbear Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    DMT is beautiful, I say. It's a sacrament, not a party drug. It's a life-changing substance. If treated right, it opens up infinite possibilities. I am humbled, awed, horrified and excited at the same time about this wonderful substance.

Treat DMT with respect, and SWIM reckons it will treat You with respect.

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  10. thinkcooper

thinkcooper Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Another perspective? Seeing one's or experiencing one's own death is a blessing.

Think of Capra's classic film "It's a wonderful life". George Bailey sees the world as if he were no longer a part of it. He sees the differences he made, he sees the impact, and he sees the what happens when he isn't there to make others' lives better.

I have experienced his own death mid-voyage. It was frightening, yet at the end, SWIM looked for meaning in the experience. The value came from seeing the vision as a blessing. The lesson was "take care of the things that need to be taken care of. Get life in order, so SWIM's passing can be graceful and not financially impact his spouse and kids." Couldn't have been a more educational expereince...

I was very happy after putting meaning to it. Perhaps SWIRizla could benefit from the same perspective.

11. Desertfox

Desertfox Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i think you meant It's a Wonderful Life

12. thinkcooper

thinkcooper Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yep! Thanks. edited...

Tags: