Culture - Beer Prep

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Woodman, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    I'm a beer drinker and I believe that drinking should be an enjoyable experience, not one where you wake-up with a headache the next morning only to find dried vomit on the floor and in your hair.

To that end, I recommend that you prepare for the occasion. I start scheduling a good, hard workday. I eat light so that I'm hungry at the end of the day.

About 45 minutes befor quitting time, I'll sink the beer in the freezer. Use bottles for this because cans conduct cold too quickly. Don't worry about the bottles expolding either; remember, beer contains alcohol which freezes at a much lower temperature than water so it will literally become "Ice Cold" without freezong over.

As for the beer itself, I prefer either Heineken or Anhauser World Select. Both of these beers retain enough cold to where Ice will form on the outside of the bottles when removed from the freezer but the contents will not freeze over (but, if you leave them in longer than 40-50 minutes the beer begins to turn into slush).

After a hard day of work, the cold beer goes down fast; so fast you can't even feel the carbon bubbles. And then comes the buzz. WOW!!

I like to have something tasty standing by so that when I'm done drinking, I can have good meal.

This is how to enjoy the good life, and you don't have to be rich to do it.

2. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    When it gets cold up here in the winter we put all our beers on the back pourch so they get nice and cold. Nothin beats a cold brew

3. nichole

nichole Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    right on to the original poster..

that really is the best way to unwind and your right, dont have to be rich to do it either.
    something about beer. the working persons beverage, the down to earth persons drink of choice. all the rich snooty people like their hard liquor, their gin their whisky.

there are beer people and liquor people.
    i very much enjoy being a beer person.
    you dont have to get hammered to feel good. i LOVE the buz i get off a beer or two. very soothing.

and a beer after, before, even during a good meal is just amazing.

4. nichole

nichole Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    right on to the original poster..

that really is the best way to unwind and your right, dont have to be rich to do it either.
    something about beer. the working persons beverage, the down to earth persons drink of choice. all the rich snooty people like their hard liquor, their gin their whisky.

there are beer people and liquor people.
    i very much enjoy being a beer person.
    you dont have to get hammered to feel good. i LOVE the buzz i get off a beer or two. very soothing.

and a beer after, before, even during a good meal is just amazing.

5. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    Don't put beer in the freezer too long, it'll lose its carbonation and head.

And don't get me started on Heineken.

6. hairy-pothead

hairy-pothead Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    i dissagree with nichole there is noothing with drinking hard liquor i love it but i love me beer as well and weed go's so much better with hard liquor at the end of a hard days craft when the suns going down thers nothing better than a joint and a glass of a fine single molt scotch :thumbsup:

7. nichole

nichole Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    hey thats cool. to each there own.
    i mean i love..er (swim) loves a nice bowl along with her beers.

its all matter of what suits you.

hell lets have a beer and scotch party.

8. Purest

Purest Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Dinosaur has turned mostly away from his beer drinking days and now generally finds himself drinking cocktails. His only reasoning is that he's spent enough time shotgunning beers, and generally he likes to sit in the pub with a couple of friends and drink for a while without any interruption, getting a beer every 5-10 mins is less fun than sitting there with a pitcher for 25 mins or so, depends on his mood.
    Dinosaur is however a huge fan of Snakebite, too many pictures taken in pubs and clubs show the dinosaur with a snakebite in his prehenstile tail taking a swig in the background.

Drinking at home? Dinosaur will generally drink either Snakebite, Margaritas or beer at home. If its Coors they'll just be in his crashing room next to the lazyboys. Most other beers get chilled in the fridge, Dinosaur isn't a huge fan of ice cold beers. Margaritas are a particular favourite of Dinosaur's however they're strictly for when company is over or to make at parties, its a shame no bars over here will actually make them. Snakebites are simple, chill the beers, chill the cider, mix in a pitcher with blackcurrant. Best way to make snakebite is Carling Extra cold, Strongbow and the cheapest blackcurrant available. Discovered this fact at Carling Academy Islington, despite the fact all three parts are particularly vile, the combination works well.

9. truth

truth Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I like a 40 of mickeys and vaporizer after work. With a couple xanax. I have been working full time for about a year and just doesn't get how this is life basically... FUCKING SUCKS.