Opinions - Beer

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by nicholson_tyler, Oct 21, 2004.

1. nicholson_tyler

nicholson_tyler Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Lets take a moment to talk about the strongest alcoholic drink ever.. beer..jk.. but seriously, Do you like beer? If so what is your record of beers drank, What is your favorite beer, and what is your favorite imported/forign beer?

Personaly i never realy liked beer, i was a drink tequila like water kinda guy, but lately have been drinking beer,(mainly because on a residence and no one has straight liquor).. I'm enjoying it, gives me a very slight buzz if i have a few.. My favorite non-foriegn beer is Sleemans Steamed beer. Imported would be Dab german beer or XX Dos Equis (thier not to exotic, but i like em, perhaps my trip to europe will get me more educated with beer and expand my horizons), also this isnt my record, because to tell you the truth, i dont remember howm uch i drank,because i drank to much and lost my memory.. But the other week i did the 24 challenge and killed a 24 case (not that that realy is anything extreme, but it was what i did lately).

2. thydarkprevails

thydarkprevails Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    being american, i'm used to crap beer, so i can drink down a 30 of icehouse, beast ice, pabst blue ribbon..ect....and yes, i'm good and drunk...as far as tastes go
    lager- hofbrau original
    oktoberfest-spatan
    stout-samual smiths oatmeal, guinness extra stout,murphy's, and beamish.
    ale-boddingtons pub ale

and that's pretty much my normal rotation...as far as american crap goes..i prefer a cheaper 30 pack like pabst, or something..rather than bud or miller...if you're gonna drink water..logic says get the cheap water..ala beast ice abv 5.9%

oh, my record is 34 beers, and i weighed 140 at the time...and i didn't pass out....i dont' feel cool, i feel like a loser..haha

3. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    Ales: Palm, Hougaerdse Das, Bush Beer (marketed as Scaldis in the U.S., Very spicy and 12° strong !)

Honey Ale: local micro, very misty, not sweet as some might expect.

Wheat beer: Hoegaarden

I don't like the stronger Belgian stuff that much.

Guiness. Like drinking cream or mud. But good then.

Oh and I made my own bastard mead based mostly on honey, but it also contains various fruit juices and spices (ginger, tea, liquorice,...). I used white wine yiest and I estimate it is around 15° strong.

4. dr mambo

dr mambo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    in a day managed to drink 30 pints, downed 12 stubbies in 2 mins.
    on my 18th birthday drank 18 beers with a shot of whiskey after each, then nearly died from alcohol poisoning(not sure cos i didnt go to hospital, but am guessing from the state i wa told i was in).

PS beer is the greatest drink known to man, nothing better than relaxing after work/school/college with a spliff and an ice cold beer.

5. dr mambo

dr mambo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    fav beer has to be either San Miguel or Stella Artois, although i also like Carlsberg Export and Newkey ale.
    spent most of my freetime drinking in pubs, but i'm not what u'd call a "beer connoisseur".

6. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    That's interesting, dr M.

A close friend of mine swears that the BEST beer
    he's ever had in his life was in the PI, on a tour of
    San Miguel brewery, at the stage just before it
    goes to the pasturiser.

Anyone who remembers what milk tasted like when
    it was delivered daily in bottles knows that the taste
    of pasturized products leave much to be desired.

I can only imagine the taste of that beer.
    Edited by: woodman

7. P!MPJU!C3

P!MPJU!C3 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Im DUTCH, I know everything about good beer and one thing I dont understand is why people drink Mexican beer like Corona. 2 Me Corona is ratpiss. Is it not more the image of being "A cool Hispanic guy" than the flavor?

Im gonna sit myself down now and open a nice HEINIKEN BOK BEER.

8. WhiteRyan

WhiteRyan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My favorite beer is Budweiser, not really into any special beer. Liquir is my love. But I drank 18 or 20 beers in one night and I literally turned into a in-and-out drain. I lost the drunk feeling and just pissed constantly, it was gay.

9. thydarkprevails

thydarkprevails Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    P!MPJU!C3..i hope your heinekin is much better than this imported by kraft foods crap we get in the states.....god it sucks....

10. joevette

joevette Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I like drinking beer. I'll ussually go through a 12 pack minimum in a night of drinking. A crazy or long night I'll get into the mid 20's.

11. cyalume

cyalume Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I love a nice beer after work.. i tend to prefer really pale light beers with my current favorite being Michelob Ultra. You really cant beat the clean fresh taste it always seems to have, the fact that its also low calorie & carb is also nice your into fitness.

12. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Guinness is probably my favorite right now.

13. cyalume

cyalume Gold Member

Reputation Points:

for me a guiness is like a celebration beer to be sipped exceedingly slowly. I dont particuraly like it but it seems to fit perfectly for as a something to sip on while you think about a profoundly happy or sad event that has or will shortly transpire.

14. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Yea, it's a good sipping beer. I generally like to start with a glass of gin and have a guiness when I finnish.

15. D.U.M.B

D.U.M.B Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I'm irish (wahey!) so got to say Guiness.

Drank twelve pints of the drink one night and had some jagermeister on top of it, along with loads of spliffs. Was well wrecked.

I could drink more guiness, just that well, you drink twelve and you'll understand it's like weighing another five stone, hard to move and all.

Fave beer at mo is either Stella or Dutch Gold (or dutch muck as mates and I renamed it)

16. hippie_lain

hippie_lain Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    my favorite beer would have to be Sam Adams. It used to be 211 steel reserve but thats know call poisen piss beer. My record is somewhere around thedark's record........maby 30 or 32. When i drink that much a dont remember. But THATS JUST STUPID to drink that much, alcoholism sucks.

17. dastardlymonkey

dastardlymonkey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I used to not like beer but then I moved to colorado lol. I am not really sure of what my favorite beer is but sierra nevada pale is most assuredly on of my favorites. pale ales are definately my favorite style of beer.

18. generich201

generich201 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    favorite beer would have to be heinkien somebody got me started on it and thats all i drink anymore.I perfer rb and vodka or a nice straight glass of whiskey.

19. TheMatrix

TheMatrix Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well I believe in supporting America so I have to go with Budweiser, I also think it tastes pretty good. My favorite import in Heineken I guess. My record is probaly 20, not exactly sure cause it was a keg.

20. bman1

bman1 Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    do you mind sharing your recipe it sounds interesting? got any other good recipes All grain preferable? Personaly if I am going to buy a beer I love all Rogue my favortie as for commercial beers I like bass and newcastle
    Oh and I made my own bastard mead based mostly on honey, but it also contains various fruit juices and spices (ginger, tea, liquorice,...). I used white wine yiest and I estimate it is around 15° strong.

[/QUOTE]