being high during an oral presentation?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by fee17, Feb 12, 2006.

1. fee17

fee17 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i was talking to a friend of mine about possibly getting our friend to smoke us during lunchtime on monday. but i said no because that day i have to do an oral presentation, (basically im just reading off information). do you think it's safe to be high during the presentation? i have major stage fright, and i was thinking that maybe good ole MJ will calm my nerves a little. haha sounds crazy but could it work?

2. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I have done this before...but SWIM's presention was on Why Marijuana should be legal, which made that much better, lol. SWIM and her friend left for lunch, hit the ganja, then went back to class to the presenation. I saw, go for it, but then again if you think it might end up making you more parniod and worried, I would recommened against it. Good Luck, let us know how it goes!

3. StigmataLectron

StigmataLectron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I don't know about you, but if I were to be in front of a bunch of classmates while stoned, I probably couldn't stop from laughing my ass off. Then again, I tend to get high when I get high, and a smaller buzz might be the right thing for you. I say go for it, too.

4. LD 50

LD 50 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    lol
    I reckon you should do it to calm the nerves. SWIM also gets a little stage fright with presentations!!!
    Just don't smoke too much mj or you'll might get into a little trouble with the teacher.

5. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Shit. I would lose my mind if I tried this!

MJ would cause nervous energy to gather--like a lightning rod or a magnet for nervousness.

try a benzo or a beta-blocker. I've taken 2 shots before a presentation one time and it worked, but I couldn't breathe on anybody. I wouldn't do the shot thing now.

6. Urban

Urban Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    mj could also make you paranoid so be careful. i say a shot is better!!!

x

7. Hotboxed151

Hotboxed151 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    You should smoke a small to medium size bowl pack of low-quality Middies or Regs.

8. Metalhead

Metalhead Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    Not trying or claiming to be mr big shot here, but i smoke to reach normality, and i can say i have been smoking for awhile and i still have some trouble talking, not much but some. I would have to go with what he says here
    Take a shot of something
    Like some Jagermeister(great shit),
    Liquid Confidence
    I dont even drink that much but taking a shot of jager calms my nerves alot.

9. fee17

fee17 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ahaha, yeah i've decided i won't get too fucked up obviously, but just a little buzz. just to take the edge off. ah if i do fuck up my presentation, its alright, cause in the future ill look back and say.. oh what a great day.

10. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    Don't smoke before you speak to a group.

11. fee17

fee17 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    haha guys, today I got freakin high during lunch, and did my presentation which was fun because i wanted to laugh so hard and my hands were shaking. i couldnt concentrate very well. but blazin before it really helped calm me down. :D

12. Roll_Light_Smoke

Roll_Light_Smoke Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i bet it was clearly obvious you were lean. Nevertheless, it could have made the presentation a little bit different hehe.

I wouldn't personally want to smoke before a presentation. I would 100% mess up. No doubt about it.

13. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    You may stumble over your own words, you may be forgetful and you may burst out laughing for no reason.

On the other hand, Swim's aced history tests while high.

14. pickledsheep

pickledsheep Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Weed often really amplifies my anxiety. Seem's completely dependent on the strain.

15. fee17

fee17 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yeah, it's only on this forum that i've learned that people often get paranoia, anxiety etc. i havent really noticed it with any of my friends that live here. hm, i dont know. weed calms me down, well once the high giddy feeling is over im just so relaxed.

16. Ebatra

Ebatra Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I had a aural talk once in school after smoking at lunch. The whole time I didn't look up once or change tone in his voice, he was so tranfixed on the thought of reading.

17. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah, this would just add to My anxiety. He recommends a benzo as well.

18. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Probably not a good idea.

I have done this before, but it only really works if its a nice Sativa strain that isn't too stoney and if You smokes it 40-50 minutes ahead of time and doesn't smoke too much. A few hits should do well, then put in some eye drops, and You will be feeling nice and relaxed come presentation time.

But yeah..... not especially recommended, especially if you get paranoia from smoking.

19. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    I would go with a low dose of a benzo that wont leave one feeling too messed up (.25 mg xanax worked well for him), or a beta-blocker like propranolol, which reduces the physical symptoms of anxiety like a racing heart, but doesnt leave one feeling mentally cloudy at all. weed would make him confused, or paranoid, wondering if the words that came out of his mouth were the same ones he wanted to say. oddly enough ephedrine and dexedrine have also worked well for swim...he didnt feel panicked, just energized and was able to do oral presentations with great enthusiasm and self confidence.

20. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Perhaps if You don't have access to a benzo You could try Kava Kava. I'm sure that would help tremendously!