Drug info - Benadryl (Diphenydramine) Duration?

Discussion in 'Deliriant antihistamines' started by surrealREALITY, Apr 7, 2006.

1. surrealREALITY

surrealREALITY Newbie

Reputation Points:
    so how long do your benadryl trips last? because swim reads all about how people are delerious for more than half the night and I am always jealous because she takes like 500mg and ends up tripping really hard for like 45 minutes and then it stops.....
    the only time it lasted longer was when she took 800 mg and she has no idea how long that trip lasted because she doesnt remember any of it!

please responde

weeeeeee i love drugs:p

2. M3th

M3th Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  3. MegaLab420

MegaLab420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yuck! Benadryl is nice if you want to sleep and can't, or if you want to calm your dog or cat down during a long flight, but to trip off of it?!

Please describe your irritable trip experience.

4. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    People ar delirious because it is a deleriant. It is not what You is looking for and it should be avoided at all costs. Did You even read any trip reports? I have yet to meet anyone who enjoyed it. If You enjoys being poisoned then go ahead.

5. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You should just get some LSD or Mushrooms.
    Or at least some DXM.
    Benadryl... ick.

6. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    true and i cant speak for this drug but in high doses ie 300mg + cyclizine is a deliriant and causes dellusions where one cannot tell between reality and fantasy. SWIM can vouch for this. Although the experience wasnt what I would call recreational, I feel it was interesting and a journey even if it was scary and fightening. Very similar to watching a horror movie, except being in it. Deliriants can be used for journeying forward and exploring your own mind but it isnt a drug that you "enjoy." I imagine that Benedryl is something similar

7. upthebracket

upthebracket Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i've never heard of this stuff being abused, but i've looked into it and there are a few british equivalents to benadryl, "nytol" for example, I am gonna pick some up asap :D

8. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    After reading this thread You want to try this stuff?

It doesn't get you high it causes a toxic delerium, it is not in any way fun or recreational.

9. M3th

M3th Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    At high doses in can be a scary trip. Real life delusions. YOu can be talking to your parents, and they arent even there. IF your parents see SWIM talking to imaginary people. Your screwed.

10. DxCore

DxCore Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM tryed benadryl about a year ago and deffinately was a hellish experience, being dumb and nowhere as expeirenced as he is now he thought he'd give it a go.

I took 12 benadryl caps. ( 300mg)

20-30 minutes after ingestion felt nauseous and dizzy. I went to lay down.

40-60 minutes SWIM attempted to listen to music to try and calm down but could not. His nerves were on end.

Begining to feel the effects of the sleep aid portion he begins to struggle to stay awake. While continously seeing stange dark figures in ones room. SWIM begins to become extremely paranoid.

70-120+ I am Slipping in and out of conciousness each time awakeing he hears an extremely loud explosion.

Next morning I felt like crap and was so tired he slept for most of the day.

Don't try it it unless you enjoy this type of delirum. and SWIM made the mistake of not having trip sitter it is highly recomended if You trys diphenhydramine.

Safe trippin' (<

DxCore

11. DxCore

DxCore Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Also when erowid says that You will have trouble differentiating hallucinations and reality trust them. It sucks.

12. upthebracket

upthebracket Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ok, i'm back to tell you about SWIM's experience with this lovely stuff, he tried 6 pills his first time, felt like he was drunk, not to exciting, but dopey, then he fell asleep

he woke up at about 4pm (he'd set an alarm) and got back to normal, and then hit 14 pills that night at about 9, tripped fucking hard for about 2 hours and then passed out, and slept all the way through till 2 the following afternoon

i won't go into the finer details of his trip, but there was a LOT of failing to tell the difference between reality and hallucinations, he saw a whole array of merchandise from Liverpool Football Club, pens, mugs, shirts, badges and stationary, scarves, I live about 200 miles away form liverpool and has no relationship whasoever with it or it's football team, so he spent about 15 minutes trying to remember why he'd bought so much merchanndise, and where he'd bought it from, it went on like this for 2 hours

it wasn't so much enjoyable as interesting, one of the most bizzare experiences to date, moreso than any experiences with psychedelics or disassociatives, he would recommend it to anyone, except it seems many others have experiences far less pleasurable than his

13. Johnnynapples

Johnnynapples Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I hardly doubt that it wears off in 45 minutes.
    At a dose that high, I'm thinking maybe she can't tell between hallucinations and reality since the hallucinations are so real. " just a guess"

14. Pseudovoyager

Pseudovoyager Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Why are you all just posting "DPH is horrible, go find some real drugs!" and stuff? Seriously, nobody asked you if you liked it or not. The OP had a simple question. I don't go into the Amphetamine section and start yelling at people for being "tweakers". Have a little respect. :vibes:

OP: How often do you use DPH? SWIM noticed when he used high doses of DPH frequently, the effect didn't diminish that much, but the duration got shorter and shorter until it was no more than an hour tops of intensity. If You takes a break, they'll likely notice it return to normal :thumbsup:

Edit: Just noticed the date? Why did this get revived? 2006 :(

15. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Quite

Old threads should really only be bumped if people have something useful to add

16. qcksilver89

qcksilver89 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    i wanted to point out feelings while on diph. swim notices that touch is the most unnatural thing/. it's like weight- sensitivity or whatnot, is on some kind of sensor. a sensory overload or something. swim touches things, and it feels like its jabbing and stabbing into my soul- the feeling of touching an object feels like clutching razorblades as tightly as possible until you want to kill yourself... the funny thing is it gets swim off... it makes things feel SO intense and unreal, that swim actually gets hard to this... words... i don't think anything can explain this drug

17. Jas DelaLuna

Jas DelaLuna Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My cat gets tired of always hearing people say "its worthless" or "your desperate" or "its for teenagers that cant get anything else" or "find a real drug". Just because diphenhydramine is legally sold OTC, doesnt make any less of a "real" drug. Just like marijuana is a mild hallucinogen, or coke is a stimulant, diphenhydramine is a delerient. All three of these drugs are simply in different groups of drugs, none of them are any more or less a drug than the others.

Just like how someone may love depressants, but hate stimulants, while another may feel the opposite, some people enjoy delerients, and some don't. Its a matter of preference. Its ridiculous to think diphenhydramine is not a "real drug" when it has very powerful effects like "true hallucinations" and delerium.

Anyway, to answer the OP's question: The duration depends on how many mg are consumed. For my cat, a moderate dose is 700mg-800mg. On a moderate dose, the initial effects begin to fade about six hours after dosing (in my cats experience). However, my cat has taken as high as 2000mg before and found that the trip was still going on 10-12 hours later.

So, rather than the number of mg's determining effects (such as in a dextromethorphan dose), they seem to directly determine the duration of the diphenhydramine instead.

18. DelusionalGuy

DelusionalGuy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    25 y/o from Gretna,LA
    Forever you are still tripping

19. GucciFlipFlop

GucciFlipFlop Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from California, United States
    I have just got some hydroxyzine Which is not a over the counter but my doc compared to Benadryl but I guess stronger (25mg caps) anyone have experience with these?

Tags: