Experiences - Benzedrex inhalers: use as directed? (Propylhexedrine)

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by omen8productions, Nov 16, 2006.

1. omen8productions

omen8productions Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    nine days later, while sitting on a floor littered with shattered plastic inhalers SWIM looked at what he decided would be his last one for a while. hmm...(reads the intended directions again)."...in case of overdose or ingestion, seek professional assistance or contact a Poison Control Center immediately..."heh heh. he debates calling and describing the last few days. either really excitedly or strangely relaxed. asking for some advice...1-8-0-0-2-2-2-1-2-2-2...(he's got a little too much energy, you never know what is going to happen). that's another post.

SWIM decides to solely use this one as directed. "two inhalations in each nostril not more than every two hours". he inhales deeply three or four times in each face hole. every ten minutes. there is definately a tangible high to be reached. comes on and fades quickly. the main side effect being that his nose became completely blocked with fluid pretty quickly. the benzedrex helping, but hurting far more.

he decides this inhalation process is probably far more harmful than just eating the cotton. the directions were right on in that respect.

at a public event though, SWIM may consider using one to maintain that heady buzz. drawbacks: by the end of the concert or whatever SWIM may not even be able to hear the music due to his head blockage and there is something really shady about some dude wandering around with one of those things in his nose. it reminds him of scores of kids at dirty raves in NYC rolling their faces off with little VICK's vapo rub inhalers and actual face masks soaked in the shit. a classic E trick. heh heh...

peace.

(should this guy call? using a pay phone of course...hell...that could be a whole new hobby...)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  2. merseyloyalist

merseyloyalist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
  3. sciencedj

sciencedj Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Benzedrex inhalers: use as directed?

SWIM just ordered and received 4 benzedrex inhalers from a well known pharmacy. SWIm has only used them as indicated on package instructions. I have used them and found them to be a great decongestant.

The package states that use of this product for a period of more than three days may be harmful. It seems that You nasal membranes get "addicted" to the substance (propylhexedrine) after prolonged use (just like you can get "addicted" to Afrin nose spray). If used for too long...like the O.P. states...your nasal membranes swell and close shut and fluid accumulates. Frequent or prolonged use may worsen congestion and swelling of nasal membranes.

SWIM can not even fathom the thought of eating the cotton filled with propylhexedrine because it also contains lavender oil and menthol. I have been considering extracting the propylhexedrine from the cotton using a muriatic acid procedure resulting in white , crystalline propylhexedrine powder. Has You done or used this before? What is the high like? Is it dangerous to snort? About how much should You snort when purified using the muriatic acid procedure? Comments? SWIM thanks You in advance.

4. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:

^^^^^^^^^
    UTFSE, there is a very good thread that will answer all SWWIY's questions titled "Propylhexedrine basics"

5. Benzeneringz

Benzeneringz Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I'm pretty sure the muriatic acid extraction would work. I know there are some threads on this website that concern propylhexedrine extraction, although from a chemistry POV I don't see a problem theoretically with a muriatic acid extraction. Could you post the formula?

6. sciencedj

sciencedj Silver Member

Reputation Points:

Hi Dr. Muffy,

I did use the fucking search engine (UTFSE). I am subscribed to this thread. I did not find any dose ranges for snorted purified, crystalized propylhexedrine. SWIM only found doses corresponding to "eating the cotton" (250mg and up). I did find the part where You did the purification, but You put it into capsules and swallowed the drug. It's probably right in front of my face, but I couldn't find it. MrDuffy, If You can find the recommended dosage to snort while in the purified , crystalized form, I would sure appreciate it...thanx. :smoking:

To Benzeneringz:

Here is the requested formula (the formula is NOT SWIM's). I got this formula from the thread "polyhexedrine basics", which was donated by member NICAINE. Once again, there is no dosage recommendations except to dissolve it in water and snort up your nose (optional step #6). :smoking:

Extraction Revisited...

I believe he's perfected his extraction technique, at least if one is NOT going to remove the menthol or traces of lavender taste. The following worked really well, and a repeat of the procedure resulted in no further retrieval from the cotton (zero, nada, zilch). Muriatic acid is required... weaker substitutes may work, but no guarantees:

(1) Boil a half cup of water (preferably distilled) in the microwave. While waiting, remove the cotton from an inhaler, cut it into small pieces and put the pieces in a second small container... e.g. a clear glass coffee cup or small (~25mL) beaker.

(2) When the water is boiling, pour 20-30mL over the cotton and stir briefly. Add 15-20 drops of ~30% muriatic acid. The acidity should be moderate, but not strong enough to burn skin or mucus membranes on short term contact. Stir very well, and let the mixture stand for 5 or 10 minutes.

(3) Empty the liquid onto a smooth, flat microwave-safe dinner plate (with edges that keep the liquid in the center). Squeeze the cotton out also, preferably using gloves in case the solution is more acidic than intended. Discard the cotton.

(4) Put the dinner plate in the microwave and zap on full power until the liquid completely evaporates. You should hear a crackling sound when it's almost gone. Zapping too long could result in the plate cracking, so be sure to check often.

(5) Remove plate carefully using gloves or a potholder, and let sit until it's cool (10-15 minutes). Using a razor blade, scrape off dried propylhexedrine crystals until they're in a pile. Microwave another 30 seconds or so to drive out any remaining moisture.

(6) Optional but recommended -- add the crystals to 20-50 mL distilled water and redissolve. The resulting solution should have a neutral pH and can be consumed, squirted up the nose, etc (further dilution may be necessary). If liquid is consumed with a couple large glasses of water, it's unlikely to cause the severe nausea that eating the cotton often does, although some queasiness is still possible.

P.S. thanks much to Ranke for the reports. Whether one considers it a good or bad thing, everyone should note that it's possible to have extended 'runs' with propyl, just like amphetamines... it can be nearly as compulsive. Potent stuff, definitely not a toy.
    I believe now that the key is using hot water (near boiling)... otherwise, it seems to take more than one extraction to get all the propylhex from the cotton

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  7. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:

OOkay.....well SWIdr has never tried snorting propyl because he has heard it hurts like a bitch, so he cannot help You there, sorry. But if it was in the exact pure form, it seems a dose of 25 mg (1/10 the oral dose) would be good to start out with and work your way up. SWIdr has lately been interested if pure propyl could be smoked and has been researching too, with little results...

8. sciencedj

sciencedj Silver Member

Reputation Points:

Has You ever inhaled the Nicotrol Nasal Spray (10mg/ml)? THAT burns like a bitch (too)! I just took a snort of the Nicotrol spray and the water started pouring out of my eyes and nose. This was followed by a sneezing fit. It was definately worth the nicotine rush.

1/10 of 250 mg sounds like a good starting point. Thanks.

Mmmm..smoking it...intriguing....let SWIM know the facts when they are in.

Today I took half of his usual oral ritalin dose. Just by chance..I thought it would be interesting to use the benzedrex inhaler while on oral ritalin. I took 4 big snorts (2 up each nostril) and used the inhaler as directed. The mix between the ritalin and the inhaled propylhexedrine was noticeable.

I say the experience was subtle and it seemed to take about 1/2 hour to kick in...but he did indeed feel the "stimulant" properties of the propylhexedrine. It was mild, but the feeling mixed well with the ritalin. It only lasts for about 2 hours. I will try to repeat this experience tomorrow.

I am interested in taking it a little further, maybe snorting the pure propylhexedrine and the ritalin together, but he thinks it may be wiser to try the propylhexedrine alone first. I don't know...To be honest, I am a little scared. At best...if SWIanyone out there has done this duo before, please post and let SWIM know.