1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

benzodiapine urinalysis, can you differentiate between different benzos?

Discussion in 'Drug testing discussion' started by really long nipples, May 11, 2011.

1. really long nipples

really long nipples

Reputation Points:
    I know different benzos produce different metabolites, so if I have a gs/mc urinalysis xanax would show up differently than temazepam.

my question is, are there any benzos that would mimic the way temazepam appears on a drug test?

i.e. lets say midazolam produced the same metabolites (which I don't think it does, and I took both midazolam and temazepam, if the drugs mimic each other you would not be able to differentiate on drug tests.

I am trying to find anythign that shows up the asme as temazepam.

2. Mr. Jiki

Mr. Jiki Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Yes. Temazepam metabolizes to oxazepam. Oxazepam is also a metabolite of diazepam and chlordiazepoxide. Diazepam will actually metabolize into temazepam and then into oxazepam.

Midazolam doesn't share the same metabolites as Temazepam. Its metabolites are 1-OH-midazolam, 4-OH-midazolam and 1,4-di-OH-midazolam.

This is a leb dependant variable in trying to have drugs with the same metabolites. Ru's lab used to test for oxazepam (but not temazepam/chlordiazepoxide/diazepam), so they'd call all diazepam, temazepam and chlordiazepoxide medication consistent with the positive results. They have since added diazepam to their confirmation test.

So, if the lab where the UA is being sent only tests for oxazempam, among others, and doesn't check for metabolites for chlordiazepoxide or diazepam, SWIY could take either of those drugs and explain why that result was there with whatever drug they were taking. I'm not sure how many labs test for midazolam, but if they did, they would be able to tell the difference between the two.

3. Chris70509

Chris70509 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    This is correct, I spoke with an MRO for a large drug testing company and was told they can not distinguish between either one.