1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Combinations - Benzodiazepines and Marijuana

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by TokeToke, Jun 30, 2005.

1. TokeToke

TokeToke Newbie

Reputation Points:
    With weed what effect do you get when taking Xanax or any other Benzoos?

Thanks,

TT

2. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    I have heard some good things about this combo. It really adds
    to the chill effect and in my opinion is very synergistic because it
    helps eliminate the paranoia of weed, the worst part about it.

Only negative I can think of is that they both mess with your memory so
    don't do this combination if you have school or demanding work the next
    day. You get the idea

3. BlueMystic

BlueMystic Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Have noticed them both (herb & benzo's)synergize very well. When I smoke herb while on benzo's I get very mellow and happy. Even get an almost energetic buzz towards the beginning of the expereince. Before the heavyness of the tranq's kicks in.... I also get very motivated and creative on this combination. I don't think many get these effects from this combo, but I do.

4. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ooo i love the combo, this is a also something i orignally experimented with because one my friends got real anxious when he blazed, and it pissed everyone else off so we would slip him klonopins or put it in the bowl.... we told him, he wasnt mad, myself i love it as long the weed you smoke is a deffinate downer, some strains of weed almost give you a slight upper feeling, when i take benzos (klonopin or xanax) with my weed it makes the physical high (body high) much more intense... such as many thai weeds have strong body highs almost shroomish in feeling but milder of course, with a weed like that a xanax bar or 2 or 3...... is great!

5. skitz0frantic

skitz0frantic Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Yeah man I love this combo too. I've tried valium + weed and klonopin + weed. For me, its not a high you want if your starting you day, and going somewhere, cuz it really chills me out. Zero to no paranoia with this combo. its sweet, all i gotta say. Would any1 know the safety factors behind mixing these two together, benzos and marijuana? thx

6. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Valium (Diazepam) + Marijuana

So I was just perscribed valium. SWIM only took it once before, so this
    time SWIM only took 5mg (very low dose) and then smoked 2 bowls. It was
    the best high SWIM ever had. Usually I get a little anti social and
    nervous after smoking, but this was the complete opposite! I felt good,
    relaxed and could think clearly. I was talking up a storm, too.
    Anyway, great combo and I will be doing this again many many times.[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  7. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    So if you were "just prescribed" Valium (and are therefore presumably Benzo Naive) then 5mg is not such a "very low dose". Where I am 2mg tds (3 X daily) is a standard dose for anxiety in the short term. Valium (and other benzos) are great: They make you feel relaxed, cocooned, walm, calm, etc. etc. They can also reduce the threshold at which you hallucinate with dope. They are also (as others have pointed out in other threads) great at dealing with the unwanted effects of stimulants.

However...

For SWIM, they are just too good to have around. I have never had a benzo habit but she has had several points in her life when she has thought "This is too easy, I'm not going to take them for a while".Benzo's are very easy to have around, they're very easy to take when you feel wired, or need to sleep or because they seem to enhance the effects of other drugs. They can also be very problematic (= dangerous) with alcohol.

Try not to do Valium "many, many times"

Peace and Love

8. bonghed

bonghed Banned

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Well i just started gettin vallies (diazepam) i have NO tollerance and when stoned 3 or 4 will knock me out, (5mg each) i took 10 overall last night and got knocked out twice, so maybe 5 or 10 mg is enough for you now (mixed with pot and maybe a glass of wine or something

9. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah, I do have really bad social anxiety, though. It's hard because I
    do like to abuse drugs but at the same time the lower doses help me
    with my anxiety. It rids me of my restless body, paranoid thoughts, and
    allows me to talk to people with ease.

I'm only allowing myself 10mg a day so I don't run out. Hopefully all goes well.

10. darksolovely

darksolovely Newbie

Reputation Points:
    This reminds me of a no-no I did- I railed 15 mg of a Morphine pill and then smoked a bowl, I lost my vision for like 50 seconds and was trippin.. I've got to try the val thing tho..

11. ihateourfreedom

ihateourfreedom Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Rescently swim ate 2 10's after drinking about 5 drinks then after
    about 3 more drinks snorted another 10, It was OK. they havea
    lower tolerance to opiates i guess. they expected some kind of euhporia
    but all they got was a relaxed state and drunk. Getting out of bed the
    next day was hard as fuck.. and oh yea.. diaezepam aparently lasts a
    long time on a regular dose.. so they are probly going to be in this
    calmed state for a few days. guess since they dont suffer any kind of
    anxiety or stress that benzos are just boring.

12. BorisB

BorisB Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Seconded, everyone I have polled agrees Valium and Marijuana make a wonderful combination.

13. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    As does bud and xanax, last night i took 8mgs of xanax ans smoked like 4 bowls, i felt amazing, way better than with each alone.

14. Jeyez

Jeyez Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i love to mix benzos and weed, even in small quantitys for that reason im somewhat anxious and anti social when blazed. but if i take a xanibar or a few klonapins (im prescibed librium now sucks, but used to get klonapin and ativans) i feel great, i dont like to use too much benzo with weed cuz then i just get too tired.... I have high tolerance so I'll take maybe 15-20 mg of klonapin and smoke a few bowls, or maybe a xanibar (for some reason I'm sensative to lipid soluable benzos like xanax and valium) or maybe 10mg of valium... its great

15. calmascanbe

calmascanbe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have to agree that some bud with xanax ( after a tolerance has built up) . It can inhance the euphoria when xanax doesn't work as well as it used to. On a few occasions after taking xanax and being let down with the affects a couple tokes can really kick it in.

16. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I like to do about 15 mg of valium along with a few shots of good whiskey. Then smoke alot of hash. It feels almost like you're floating on some morphine, great combination. I did this two days ago. Lasted all afternoon, and i fell asleep like a baby. The next morning (14 hours after i took it) i woke up still fucked up.

And it lasted a good 1.5 hours of that day before i started coming down. I dont understand the fuss about benzos and alcohol. I always drink a few shots to make the benzo stronger.

17. Jatelka

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    The "fuss" about benzos and alcohol is that they both can cause respiratory depression, and when combined have an synergistic effect. Most benzo users do combine the two, but I will always stress that this is a potentially LIFE THREATENING situation: You're talking choking on your own vomit territory.

Harm Reduction

18. JewishNazi

JewishNazi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Seeing as there is only minimal (if any0 respitory supression wih ketamine at a reacreational dose, would it be ok to have some K after some valium and weed?

19. Jatelka

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I was talking to an anaesthetist about ketamine today: He was of the opinion that ket causes quite a bit more respiratory depression than it's given credit for. She's only done ket a couple of times (and is therefore is by no means an expert) and can therefore offer no comment. Except:

"Recreational by what route?"

Ketamine definitely does cause incremental resp depression, particularly by im/iv route. She would be of the opinion that 2 resp depressants are asking for trouble.

20. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    benzos and weed are a great couple! Many poeples favorites but swim suggest temazepams and weed they are realllllllly nice

Last edited: Apr 1, 2006