1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Combinations - Benzodiazepines and Oxycodone

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by hh339, Jun 28, 2006.

1. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    SWIMS girl took 10 mg of clonazepam while drinking alcohol yesterday. Very foolish. Today she swallowed 10 mg of oxycontin as well. Exactly how dangerous would this be, not counting the alcohol, cuz that one SWIM knows is dumb to mix with benzos, but the clonazepam/oxycontin mix? SWIM knows taking them together is dumb, but would there be less risk involved considering they were taken a day apart? SWIM has not heard from his girl since this morning and she should have been home a few hours ago. Maybe it is just paranoia. Just worried...

2. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Male
    That is potentially a very dangerous mix. 10mg of clonazepam alone would be enough to knock many people out. Fingers crossed she is OK but SWIY should have a very serious chat with her about this.

3. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    how much time elapsed... if it was yesterday and today, swim's girl should be fine... klonapin has a long half life but still, if 10 hours has elapsed... swiy's girl should be fine, not to mention 10mg of oxycontin (didnt know they made made 10mg) is a low dose, aslong as time seal isnt broke, swim has a feeling swiy means oxycodone not oxycontin. but swiy should chill, the alc and klonapin is out of her system.

4. Abrad

Reputation Points:
    Male
    With half life of 18 to 50 hours there would still be quite a bit of clonazepam in her system.

5. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Thank you, yes SWIM will definitly have a serious talk with her. He loves his girl you know, so maybe he overreacts a bit but still, its no joke mixing those things SWIM has heard. Time between intakes were 12-14 hours.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2006
  6. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Update: Everything OK, she promised to not do it again. SWIM showed her a couple of threads on this forum, and she realized why it was dangerous. Drugs-forum prevents future harm, wonderful!

7. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.K.
    J is glad all is well

8. Fantasian

Fantasian Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o Male from U.K.
    F is glad, SWIM's girl is lucky to have him.

9. Vali-yum

Vali-yum Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o Male
    Just so swim understands, it's not good to take Xanax, Oxycotin, and drink alcohol?

And if not why (swim likes this combo)?

10. Jatelka

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.K.
    Mixing drugs which can have additive effects is not recommended. All 3 are depressants.

Mixing depressants means: Increased sedation and increased risk of respiratory depression. Potential for becoming unconscious, being unable to protect ones airway, stopping breathing and/or choking on your own vomit.

11. Vali-yum

Vali-yum Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o Male
    That's why swim likes adding Ritalin, which would be known as speed balling, if swim understands correctly...

And swim doesn't over do it, swim knows swims limits.

12. Jatelka

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.K.
    Excellent: So Not only does SWIY mix depressants they make the combo EVEN MORE dangerous by adding an upper.

This puts TREMENDOUS stress on the cardiovascular system.

*PEOPLE DIE FROM THIS KIND OF THING! DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME KIDS*

13. Vali-yum

Vali-yum Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o Male
    Well basically swim likes to dink alot.. While swim drinks swim likes to toot ritalin. Sometimes swim mixes the ritalin with a little bit of cotin, but never bumps more than 10-15mg of it... Swim likes xanax too, but usually it's one or the other..

It's not like swim drinks a 12 pack, takes a blue xanny, toots a 20 mg ritalin, and then boofs a 40 mg oxycotin...

Swim told me it's more like 8-10 beers, 10-15 mg of ritalin, and 10 mg of cotin..

14. Vali-yum

Vali-yum Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o Male
    Swim runs about 3 miles a day...:D

15. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about mixing a small amount of benzos (note: small--think recommended dosage on the bottle, not 10mg of klonopin that's an incredibly large amount in and of itself). I also think taking a small amount of oxy with a little alcohol (not much, maybe a drink or two) is fine also. But, taking high doses of any of these drugs and then taking a moderate to high dose of any other drug (much less two other drugs which affect respiration and heart rate) is asking for trouble. And, even if there were no incredibly harmful effects, it would probably be unlikely that one could recall the events so if any fun was had then it would scarcely be remembered anyway.

SWIH, you were right to give your girlfriend a little chat. I certainly would.

Also, what sort of tolerance to klonopin did she have to begin with?

16. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    None. SWIM and her were on truly massive amounts of benzos a few months back, but she had not been touching the stuff for maybe 2 months this time. I dont know, 10 mg is considered a small dose around here, but on the other hand a lot of people here are not exactly bright either^^

17. Abrad

Reputation Points:
    Male
    :eek:
    I shudder to think what is considered a high dose...

18. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Swim found just 1mg of clonazepam to be a perfectly fine dose when she had no tolerance to them. In fact, 1mg was often enough to put her to sleep or mellow her out during a bad trip. Swim has only taken massive doses of benzos (i.e. 120mg of diazepam) when she was addicted to benzos and taking them daily over an extended period of time. Once swim administered around 5-6mg of clonazepam to her wife when she was having a lot of trouble with some 5-meo-amt (she was shaking pretty bad and her heart was racing and SWIM was worried for her health). She spent the entire next day stumbling around like she was a drunk and it she wasn't completely baseline until sometime the second day afterwards.

All, I can say is "wow". I hope none of your friends end up in the hospital with doses like that.

Also, if part of this was because she wanted to potentiate the oxy of something then perhaps she should just consider drinking grapejuice. Swim has no experience with this combo, but hears that it's not bad. Certainly a hell of a lot safer.

19. BUZZFACTOR

BUZZFACTOR Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    the triple threat of benzos,booze, and opiates kills people. Remove the alcohol

20. Abrad

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Ehh.. even without the alcohol. Benzos and opiates can cause death by respritary depression.