Combinations - Benzodiazepines and Zolpidem

Discussion in 'Downers and sleeping pills' started by vicodinaddik, Jan 7, 2005.

1. vicodinaddik

vicodinaddik Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Is it safe or straight up crazy?[​IMG]

2. ToxicMind

ToxicMind Newbie

Reputation Points:
    As far as safe, well it's not going to kill you or anything, just keep the doses small.as for crazy, welli've never mixed them myself but idon't think it would do much other then put you to sleep.if you take them together you'll feel each one stronger, sojust don't take to much.-K

3. mark_v

mark_v Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I took ambien for a while, but after 2 weeks it did nothing to me.

So at aprox. 3 weeks after i started taking ambien, i was taking 40 mg diazepam and 20 mg ambien to get some sleep.

I did that for about a month..

And i'm still alive [​IMG]

4. vicodinaddik

vicodinaddik Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thanks[​IMG]

5. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from japan
    Alprazolam (Xanax) and Zolpidem ( Stilnox/ Ambien)

Hello all
    This is not a thread about abusing substances but about possible interactions between two well known ones, that people here seem to master well enough for me to bring this up.

If one was to fly long distance, say a good 18 hours in the air, and wanted to use a sleeping pill to sleep the flight away (and arrive a little less thrashed from jetlag), as one usually does in such situations. One usually goes to see a doctor and get some zolpidem ( Stilnox / ambien) prescribed to cope with jetlag faster, usually taking one on the plane ( can get 5/6 hours sleep), then half-bars for a few days to get to sleep ( One does not use sleeping pills normally, hypnotics or others, so this works quite well).

however, having recently got some 0,25 alprazolam tabs ( Xanax), and considering this flight is longer, what would you guys think of a combination of one stilnox ( which is quite light, possible to not get to sleep and possible to awake and then have trouble getting back to sleep, especially on a plane) and half a 0.25 tab of xanax ? does this seem like a good combination for crashing in the plane (haha), or would you frown down on such a pill cocktail ?

Sorry if this seems like a very silly question for hardcore downer users.

6. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    The dosages are safe - but I don't think the Xanax will really increase your sleep beyond the stilnox. Might make your waking hours less agitated though. And any combo that would put you out for 18 hours is probably not a good one to take. And it isn't a silly question at all - this is all very reasonable. It's nice to see a question here and not a statement about how awesome it is mixing Xanax and roofies and Heroin all together.

7. mmilam

mmilam Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I know someone who recently overdosed on xanax and heron mix. He lived through it but he had to go to the hospital.
    As for a nice sleep, just take an ambien. I got some today from the doctor, i told her i couldnt sleep, and had been taking benadryl and she gave me a script, also i have a sinus infection and had to get antibiotics.

8. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    What kind of effects do you feel from Alprazolam? I have tried 3 .25mg Alprazolams' and it didnt do much of anything. Any suggestions?

Also, I'm a bit curious about klonopin. What effects come from this? I have thought about trying some, but doesnt know if they're worth the time. It would be taken alone. Worth It? Why/Why not?

9. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    .75 milligrams is not very much when using recreationally. for your first time id suggest 3-4 mg. depending on your bodies natural tolereance to things. Ive gone up to 16mg at a time, with a tolerance, so just experiment and try to not do it more than once a week.

As for klonopin it is very similar to xanax, just not as strong, u can use that recreationally too just at a higher dose, if i remember my first time using klonopin i took 14mg, but that was after i tried xanax so i knew id have to take more. Maybe try 10-12mg for your first time, again its trial and error.

Both are worth it when used in the right dosage.

10. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well blacking out doesnt seem like too much of a fun thing. It'd make more sense to take it and just relax and feel it, and i dont want to sleep for a day. What do you recomend?

11. IHrtHalucingens

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
  12. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    all at one time? All that is available is .25mg alprazolam. Thats like 8 pills(<, hopefully theres enough left in the bottle.

13. IHrtHalucingens

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    in order to enjoy the pills to the maximum you have to take a relatively large dose compared to what is prescribed. Otherwise you may feel mild letharga, you will not have any energy, but there is no "euphoria". I guess it depends on what you are looking for. And even at a low dose you will either sleep longer than usual or you will get up and be groggy and out of it for much of the morning. Dont do it when u have to work at 6am the next morning or something.

14. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Is it at all comparable to hydrocodone? or oxycontin?

15. IHrtHalucingens

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Not really, these are benzos. These are to relive anxiety and put you to sleep. Those are pain killers. Xanax doesnt really numb you it just makes you very uncoordinated and tired. i personally like benzos better but everyone is different

16. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Alright, Thanks for the responses. I dont really need to sleep, but i just want to try something new. I like opiates, but the feeling SWIM like is the anxious rush kind of feeling I get in his stomach, i hate the end where all I do is nod off. Just looking for something new.

What would you say to doing 2mg and going to a movie or some shit?(was thinkin of hostel)(<

17. IHrtHalucingens

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I dunno i was also thinking of going to see that, i think it would be better if you didnt because it will make you not get scared by the movie, you know. Unless thats what you want.

18. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yeah i'd rather not be freaked, just chill and see some gorey shit. got 2.5mg chillin right here. just debatin. worth a try?

19. IHrtHalucingens

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    ok yeah if thats the case then definatley take it. That should be decent. But just be warned depending on your bodies reaction you could be perfectly functional, or you could slurr your speech, maybe stumble around, basically seem drunk. But 2.5 mg should be a good dose to do what you wanan do.

20. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Alright Thanks a lot for all the help man. Appreciate it a lot. I'll let you know how things go later tonight or tomorrow.