1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

benzos and saliva testing

Discussion in 'Drug testing discussion' started by a10acwoman, Nov 10, 2010.

1. a10acwoman

a10acwoman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A gnome I know took a 5mg Valium 8 days ago and needs to take a saliva test asap. He took a drug store urine test and it showed positive for benzos, opiods, and opiates. (He has a prescription for hydrocodone 10mg). If he tests positive for the benzo it will be career suicide. Any suggestions?

2. kailey_elise

kailey_elise Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Try to reschedule the oral swab?

What happens to the gnome if the results of the swab come back "dry" or "inconclusive"?

Blah blah, it goes without saying, that if getting caught taking benzodiazepines would mean "career suicide", one should avoid doing so. No high is worth losing a job, nay, career over.

There's a chance it won't show up on the oral swab, because oral swabs are supposed to only pick up more recent usage of drugs. The gnome might get lucky.

But as far as I know, there's no way to "get over" on an oral swab test, save for not letting the swab actually touch one's cheek. However, oral swabs have "tabs" on the bottom of them, so if the tester is actually paying attention to the testee, they can tell it's not in the correct position & would then likely come over & help correct it for the testee.

Sorry the news isn't better, but I hope this helps (in some small way)!

~Kailey

3. a10acwoman

a10acwoman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The gnome totally agrees it wasn't worth it. It was a one time thing after his looong term gnome friend walked out unexpectedly. The tester is very cool and knows the situation and understands, but the gnome really needs to get to work. If the benzo test is neg but it goes for GC/MS testing will they only look at his hydrocodone levels or do they check out everything?

4. kailey_elise

kailey_elise Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Why would it even be sent for confirmation testing, if the test comes back proper?

If it should be neg for benzos & pos for opioids in the case of the gnome (I assume the gnome has paperwork to prove the opioid pos is legitimate?), then there would be no need for confirmation testing.

I'm not certain, exactly, what they'd be looking for in a confirmation test. Give it some time, and someone more knowledgeable than I on that part will surely chime in. :)

~Kailey