1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions - Best beer for someone who doesn't like beer

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by kinai, Jan 13, 2008.

1. kinai

kinai Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I don't like beer, but wish I did because it's so much more convenient to drink than hard liquor (and I'm not into wine). I just don't like the taste.. So I think I need a beer that's way watered down, light, and.. non-beer tasting. Any suggestions? I had some coronas the other night and they were tolerable.. but wondering if u could think of something better. Thanks in advance

2. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Off topic, but may be helpful in your situation: maybe diluting vodka (or other clear alcohol) with something you like would be better, since the only potentially unpleasant taste would be that of ethanol, which you would have to taste with beer anyways.

3. razorwiredildo

razorwiredildo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    cheap light beer tends to taste more watered down, or alternatively you could try malt liquor, it still tastes like beer, but you won't have to drink as much to get drunk.

4. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess

Reputation Points:
    Cider might be an option (fills a similar niche, doesn't taste like beer), just watch the alcohol content (often higher).

5. skylined

skylined Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Magic Hat No. 9... not only is it a GREAT ale, but it's got a perfect hint of apricot... not too sweet, but smells great, and sweet enough to clean the palate. Highly suggested for the newbie and the veteran alike.

Guinness is good too, less carbonation.

6. Powder_Reality

Powder_Reality

Reputation Points:
    SWIM used to absolutely hate the taste of beer as well. He started out by drinking beers with a lighter taste such as pilsners and lagers, but eventually acquired a taste for stronger-tasting beers. In fact, SWIM's favourite beers are now the "heavier" types of beers, namely stouts and red ales. Of course, these types of beer would not be very pleasant for someone who is just starting to drink beer.

The beer that SWIM started on was Brahma. Brahma is a Brazillian pale lager, and has a lighter/sweeter taste than most beers. Served ice-cold, this beer is very refreshing and easy to drink.

7. BeachBabeluvinlife

BeachBabeluvinlife

Reputation Points:
    I was thinking along the line's of Pure Blonde. I myself like to drink ale's and stout's (Cooper's pale and sparkling ale and Toohey's New) These are aussie beer's.

I am not too sure of the price of Pure blonde because it was 'shouted' when I tried it, but hopefully it's something you like and you can afford too.

Let us know what you ended buying.

Take Care

Oh, and another thing, some of us aussie like to do, is to have what we call a 'shandy'...that's beer mixed with 1/4 lemonade......it's preety nice, you should try it. Maybe mix more lemonade than beer.

8. chemlove

chemlove

Reputation Points:
    Amstel light is the easiest beer for SWIM to drink, He also loves Bud Light and Mich Ultra when on a budget,

9. sknkv2

sknkv2 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    As far as I know, no one I ever knew enjoyed beer the first times they tried it. It's something you become used to and then grow to enjoy. As for type of beer, everyone is different. Have a look around mate.

10. Mint boi

Mint boi Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    my ferret thinks Coors Light taste basically like water, might be worth a look!

11. NeuroChi

NeuroChi is not his mind Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    Crystal, if you order it is a light Cuban beer that tastes excellent.

12. Deiwos

Deiwos Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM would have to say give Cider a go. Much more drinkable than beer for SWIM.

13. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    To Woodman's utter annoyance and disbelieve I am a beer barbarian and cant stand the taste of it. One beer may make me nauseous and several may give me a headache. So I didn't drink beer at all.

However this has chanced since I was introduced to Paulaner beer. A sweet white beer with a mild taste. I am still not much of a beer drinker, but an occasional Paulaner is very nice.

14. Mescaloid

Mescaloid Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I'd suggest wheat beers such as Erdinger. Refreshing!

15. Senor Gribson

Senor Gribson

Reputation Points:
    coor's light, drink it ice cold and it tastes like carbonated water.

16. Jiggles

Jiggles Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Go with the fratboy favorite- Natty Light! Tastes like....nothing:thumbsup:.
    (but NOT Natural Ice, thats asking for a stomachache)

17. spacelord

spacelord

Reputation Points:
    There's a lot of not-so-strong tasting beer around. You might wanna try BUSCH. But I'm not very familiar with all the other beer brands in the US.

18. Durd1e

Durd1e

Reputation Points:
    There is a strawberry beer that taste's magnificent but I can't remember the name of it right now.

But I have to say that I agree with Deiwos cider is king....particularly a swedish lime cider called herljunga if you can find it.

19. Senor Gribson

Senor Gribson

Reputation Points:
    strawberry beer is among the most foul drinks ever created, along with raspberry beer, apricot beer, and those caffeinated berry beers that were big a few years back

20. Coconut

Coconut

Reputation Points:
    Miller is what I sometimes drink to soften my stomach up in preparation for the onslaught of vodka and shots. It's pretty disgusting, however.