Best benzo/sedative for sleeping after doing Amphetamines

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by Darksanity, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Darksanity

Darksanity Newbie

Reputation Points:
  2. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Everyone will have different opinions. I like lorazepam and zolpidem. Alprazolam would be really nice, but he won't even consider it since for him it's pretty much a guaranteed addiction.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  3. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    For pure sleep inducing effects, SWIJ finds Lorazepam to be somewhat more sedating. You will, however have to deal with a very fuzzy head/benzo hangover the next day. For her, valium and midazolam often have a degree of euphoria to them that just doesn't do for sleep.

4. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  5. Darksanity

Darksanity Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hmm... it still give SWIM a lot of choices... So I'll split in 2 different questions.

1. What's the best benzo/sedative/anxiolytic from the list above used to ease Amphetamines come-down ("making it less painful"... so I was thinking about something euphoric such as Diazepam?) ???
    2. What's the best benzo/sedative/anxiolytic from the list above used to knock-out to sleep SWIM's monkey after he has done Amphetamines (I was thinking about something like Zolpidem {wich sounds better for direct sleep}) ??? :confused:
    Thanx a lot!!!!!! (<:smoking:

6. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I am looking into nitrazepam... seems to be something of a cross between Ambien, Xanax and Soma. He might acquire some in the future, it's floating around out there.

7. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    This is an old benzo derivative,if I am not mistaken, but a rather rough one! I was prescribed this many years ago to help him sleep. It really knocked him out (strongly hypnotic but no euphoria to speak of) but the after effects were not pleasant-- bad-tempered grogginess. It makes xanax or valium seem very refined. I did aquire some more recently during some travels (in North Korea of all places!), which was useful for a long train journey, but would only use it if nothing else was available.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  8. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Interesting. If I get some, he'll report on it. Crudity is not always a bad thing, e.g. alcohol consumption. Might be worthwhile in lower doses, perhaps You took a bit too much. Also, it might come in handy for sleep when stimulants are involved, as in the tail end of a comedown... most benzos are not potent enough to do the trick.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  9. Darksanity

Darksanity Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I think he's going to go for Diazepam (since it's the cheaper :rolleyes: ). It will probably knock him out to sleep with "SWIM's Amphetamines KO sleep combo" wich is :
    I have the habit of taking Adderall or Dexedrine (up to 60mg) in the evening around 7 PM, to make his daily homeworks, wich makes it really hard to get to sleep. What happends to I am that after taking 5-HTP, L-Theanine and Kava Kava he gets to sleep for about one or two hours then wakes up and can't sleep the rest of his night (so he's fucked up the next day...). So I was wondering if Diazepam could do something like this (make him sleep one or two hours then wake up with no more of it's effects so impossible to sleep anymore) ? :confused: SWIM's looking for a Benzo/Sedative/Anxiolytic (from the list above) that could give a deep (without being super tired the next day like when taking Diphenhydramine) and restorative sleep (a full night sleep) after doing Adderall or Dexedrine in the evening. If Diazepam wouldn't do the job please tell, otherwise I will get it since it's the cheapest!

10. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Darksanity, You needs to add "Ambien CR" to the list... should allow sleeping through the entire night.

11. Darksanity

Darksanity Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have no access to "Ambien CR"... altought he can get "Xanax XR 2mg" (eXtended-Release 2mg Alprazolam)... Problem is it's 6 times the price of 10mg Diazepam.

12. izzy31

izzy31 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from turkmenistan
    Marijuana slows an amped mind pretty nicely.

13. Darksanity

Darksanity Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Not enough...

Anyway, has anyone tried Seroquel (Q[SIZE=-1]uetiapine) ? It's a specific dopamine and serotonin receptors antagonist (dopamine D1, D2 receptors and serotonin 5-HT1A, 5-HT2 receptors) and it lowers cortisol. There's some study (on PubMed) about faster repair of damaged dopaminergic nerves from Methamphetamine abuse and possible neurogenesis of dopaminergic nerves! It looks pretty interesting altought it's pro-diabete in long-term use so should be used only very occasionaly... Has anyone tried it?

14. Darksanity

Darksanity Newbie

Reputation Points:
  15. Blur

Blur Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Midazolam. Remeron works great also, just don't take it often if you want to avoid putting on 30 lbs.

16. Blur

Blur Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Seroquel works great also if you wait a bit for the speed to wear off. I don't think it antagonizes NA receptors. (At least that's what it felt like). So I got dopamine antagonism with plenty of noradrenaline still in my system. Felt like stimulated, non-euphoric shit. You'll also feel like a zombie for about 2 days.

17. r-evolution

r-evolution Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Benzos can be very hard on the circulatory system in combination with stimulants, that's at least my opinion and what I have experienced. Some very ugly folks who don't mind raping the poor innocent victim called "law" (that's, except they live in Canada, GB, the Netherlands, Switzerland, and some very lucky individuals) find diamorphine much better for this purpose.

18. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
  19. Darksanity

Darksanity Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I live Canada... why except if they live Canada? He knows diamorphine is Heroin but what's the point with Canada?

20. pankreeas

pankreeas Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    99 y/o
    Ditto on wtf does Canada have to to with anything.. or rather what exactly are you getting at with the country ?exemptions? it looks like? As for Swim's recipe for a knock-you-out Coctail (it's not all taken @ once tho) it contains :

1 gram of L-tryptophan taken 1 hour before sleep is desired. (I found he can get it by prescription 6 $ for 60x500mg with no questions asked) then roughly 15 min before bed 2 x 1mg ativan sublingual is dissolved under the tongue. Maybe perhaps a bowl or 2 of marijuana if the above combo isn't doing it's magic.

And emergency only situations (swim needs to pass out instantly when sensing a possible upsetting experience brewing) 3 or 4 quick shots of hard alcohol followed by power dragging a cigarette will usually put swim into lala land for just enough time to go into rem.