Best Coffeeshops and Smartshops

Discussion in 'Coffeeshops' started by Maxamillion, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Maxamillion

Maxamillion Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Which Coffeeshop and/or Smartshop do you like the best and why?

2. elbow

elbow Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Best coffeeshop: Abraxas, because it is big enough that you aren't on top of people, also the decor is beautiful. Plus, they make all kinds of beverages with hash, like milkshakes and hash espresso. They taste amazing-but I always share with a friend otherwise they knock me out and I have to go lie down, for real. Only drawback: people that work there are kind of assholes sometimes, and the drinks are damn expensive. Even a cup of tea is 3 euros!

Most chill coffeeshop: Global Chillage: I love it here, the staff is really nice, good ambient music, incredible wall mural. However, the seats are not terribly comfy and the grass is better other places, I think. They have pretty good spacecake here.

Best smartshop: Inner Space on the spuistraat. This place is really classy and more mature than other shops, nice selection and lots of flyers of parties. The best thing though is that their mushrooms are the most dependable, always strong and fresh. Yum.

Conscious Dreams on the Warmoesstraat is also always worth checking out, reliable products, lots of info and more of a psychedelic supermarket kind of place. Its actually pretty amazing there, definitely stop by.

3. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
  4. Sway

Sway Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My favorite coffeeshop was Popeyes, they guy there was very helpful,
    let us examine everything before we decided (we're talking about a
    microscope on the counter for customer use!) nice drinks, a bit small
    but i found it very cosy!

5. Iggypoop

Iggypoop Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Hill street blues in the red light district was pretty good when me and my girlfriend went, you can graffiti wherever you want (and i mean anywhere!).

I think all the places in the dam can be a little expensive, if you are willing to go a little further out of the main areas the prices of weed go down, then go back to places like abraxas and just buy a coffee or whatever.

The dolphin (can't remember where it was at exactly- DOH!) had a really nice interior with all sorts of fish bowls everywhere, even in the lights hanging from the roof! The walls were made to look like coral as well, I though that was pretty cool.

6. Daeron

Daeron Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    It seems to me that all smartshops in the dam are just big rip-offs,does anyone know anygood quality/good pricesmartshops in the dam(or eindhoven and the hague).

PS is it a usual thing that you can buy dry mushies,mushie chocolatesand even blue mystic(2ct7) almost...hmm..OTC! in some smartshops(no gonna name them),all it need was a few wink,wink,nod,smile,nod moves

7. Iggypoop

Iggypoop Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I dont know about 2c-t-7/2 but fresh mushies are aplenty in the dam, i purchased 'explosion' when i was last there (its chemical name is methylone). Its a pretty normal thing in smartshops over there.

8. Daeron

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    yeah but I asked about dry ones and 2cx cause they are not legal in the Neds.Anyway Im not really a fan of fresh mushies,and I tried methylone and since Im practically drowning here in mdma I dont think I would want to do a mdma analogue any time soon.

U must understand,since im moving there Ill need to work out a steady supply strategy[​IMG]

9. Iggypoop

Iggypoop Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Ahhhh i see, i'm sorry but i dont know much about getting 2c-x's or whatever in smartshops, but they do tend to be a bit dodgy so i'm sure you'll get sorted.I have heard of them selling gbh in smartshops under the counter, and its illegal (i think) in netherlands.

Good luck in living in holland, i lived in holland in a place called nordvijherhaut (spelt wrong) outside leiden for 2 months and it nearly killed me!!

10. Daeron

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    thanks

hey wait,why did it kill you?is there something I should know about holland?some gruesome secret,like that they will tolerate me to death or something?[​IMG]

11. Iggypoop

Iggypoop Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Hahahaha, nah its just that there are so many strong substances available so easily! I couldn't control myself, it was like i was a kidin a sweet shop!

Even the weed in Holland was so much stronger, i couldn't handle smoking it every day itmade me paranoid!Its a lovely place tho i'm sure if you can exercise a little bit of self control (unlike me at the time) you'll be fine.

12. Daeron

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    well I already havedreamsabout some small san pedro/mushie/weed plantations...but as for the heavier stuff im not worried,it cant be worse than here;we are only one dictator away from drug heavens in southeastern asia.

I hope to become more of a drug connoisseur,and work on my self control....yeah,right who am I lying to; my girlfriend is not around so why do I speak such hideous lies[​IMG]

13. Iggypoop

Iggypoop Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    LOL, sounds like the sort of thing i'd say to my g/f! If you wanna get hooked up while you are there why dont you speak to alfa (head honcho),I think he's from the netherlands, or you could start another thread about it. It seems like we hijacked maxamillions thread and have used it for our own devious devices.... muuagghhhahahaha!

There are plenty of people from the netherlands about andi'm they'll sort you out!

14. Daeron

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    yeah sorry people for the change of the topic

thats a really villain type of laugh you got there Iggy,somegenuine dr.Evil stuff.Admit it you have been practicing,havent you?

As for getting hooked up I dont think that it would be appropriate of me to ask Alpha or anyone elsefor contacts,and Ithink Ill manage to find contacts,dealers are the same everywhere.....

....but some pointers/advice would be nice!Hey maybe I will start a some new thread like help dumb druggie to get high in the Neds.But Im way too paranoid to name the city Ill be living in...shit I already did...oh well...

15. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Are you all trying to say that there isnt coffee shops open in amsterdam anymore im getting confused please clarify this.

16. Daeron

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    ? err.. and how did you come to this conclusion?

17. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Me wanna know as well! Daeron, a topic about how could a dumb druggie not get high in the dam could be more descriptive. Coffeeshops for tha weed, smartshops for shroomies(drying them is a piece of cake)& chocolates, explosion, salvia, etc., clubs for Ez. Do not use the streetpushers. Exotic 2cx's are hard to come by. There's no blue mystic in the smartshops as far as I know. It has recently been outlawed.

Now back on topic: which coffeeshops or smartshops do you like and why?Edited by: Alfa

18. afroh

afroh Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Iv'e just got back from A'Dam and the best coffeeshop was Kashmir Lounge, I was to baked to remember the surroundings or gettting to the tram to VondelparkbutKashmir Lounge was far above any I had ventured into in the town centre & red light district. (Though I loved Barneys, Pink Floyd and Rokerj (1,2&3) to have a nice smoke & beverage at) I purchaced1 gram of Jelly Ice-o-Lator (09/10 -top notch gear) and lounged ona big leather kind of couch-bed near the dealers counter. Amazing

*AfroH*

19. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Best coffeeshop: Prix D'Ami
    Although it's located right in the heart of tourist-ville near Damark, they offer sound prices, weigh everything in front of you and are very friendly and talkative. It's a nice no bullshit coffeeshop which is perfect for a quick joint during the day. They had this weed called Fisherman's Friend which I really enjoyed and their White Widow is fresh and potent.

Best smartshop: Interpolm
    Lots of cool bongs and smoking equipment here. I got a very nice three-foot glass bong there for only 20Euro and it smokes like a breeze.

20. cactus

cactus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Best coffee shop i visited was the dolphins. They had the best muffins i tasted and had a liquor license.

global chillage is worth going into just for the paintings on the wall.