1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Dose - Best Efficient Way To Robotrip

Discussion in 'DXM' started by upperdecker, Dec 23, 2006.

1. upperdecker

upperdecker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    SWIM use to just buy Coricidin but can't even think about it anymore, it makes him want to vomit. What should SWIM buy instead? SWIM really doesn't feel like extracting DXM from cough syrup because its way too tedious. SWIM also can't imagine downing a bottle of cough syrup.

2. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    First, don't use coriciden to trip ever again becuase it could very well kill you.
    second, swim thinks those little zicam mist bottles are the best way to trip, just open it up, and drink it like a shot glass and you're on your way to the dextroverse.

3. upperdecker

upperdecker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Should just one of these zicam bottles do it?

4. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    I second the never use coricidin statement. Most of the DXM-related deaths are attributable to coricidin usage. One can use DXM rather safely, but this includes knowing what one is doing and not using products which contain active ingredients other than dextromethorphan (products like coricidin). Otherwise, one will overdose on the other active ingredients and risk serious injury or death. I can't imagine would want to be remembered as dying from cough medication by intentionally overdosing to "trip". Other users may understand (but shake their heads in frustration that the person was not using safely), but hardly anyone else would.

This is an excerpt from the infamous "DXM FAQ"

The DXM FAQ is located here: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_faq.shtml

It's incredibly long, but the answer to virtually all DXM-related questions can be found there. Reading it can save swiy's life or the life of anyone else swiy may know who is using DXM.

Here is another important excerpt from the FAQ:

And some warnings from erowid:

Found here: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_health.shtml

I suggest swiy read the DXM erowid vault and also go through the DXM section on this forum and read some of the posts. Start with the "stickies" located at the top of the first page of the DXM forum.

My friend swim recommends Robitussin Cough Gels or Zicam Cough mist Max (Nite version preferably) as good products which contain only Dextromethorphan HBr. Check the back of the box to make sure it's the right product and only has DXM listed as an active ingredient. I've included all of this info because I assume that if a person is using coricidin then they have not read a whole lot involving the proper usage of DXM because most things online warn people to avoid this potentially very harmful product.

Play safe and have fun. Good luck.

5. bewilderment

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    It depends on how much swiy usually takes. Most of the zicam bottles say how many adult doses are in each bottle or say how many milliliters is one dose. If it says how many adult doses are in there then flip the box over and read how much dxm each dose contains and multiply it by the number of doses found to be in the bottle and swiy'll know how much is in there. Otherwise find out how many milliliters is considered a "dose" and convert the amount of liquid found in the bottle (usually .55 oz. or .75 oz.) into milliliters and divide to find out how many doses are in there and do the same as above to find out how much DXM is in the bottle.

Then, look up "DXM plateaus" on the net (or maybe on here, I've never searched it) and determine which "plateau" swim wants to go to. Swim will need to know how much his body weight is in kilograms and divide to find out what plateau *should* (mileage varies) reach. For example, some list the dosage range of 1.5-2.5 mg of DXM per kg of body weight as a first plateau trip (the mildest effects as most refer to there being four plateaus).

And, I just read on another post that swiy was using 20 coricidin table tablets. Each tablet contains 30mg of DXM and thus would equal a dosage of 600mg. If swiy wants to stick with that dosage then 40 robitussin cough gels (two bottles) would equal 600mg. How much Zicam to be ingested would depend upon the variety swiy uses (i.e. regular version, max version, or max nite version).

Last edited: Dec 24, 2006
  6. upperdecker

upperdecker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Ok, so SWIM just bought some Zicam MAX strength. Its 55 fl.oz/16.3 mL. How well will this do SWIM in? SWIM weighs 150 lbs and hasn't robotripped in about two months. It's not that SWIM is too lazy to figure out these calculations himself, he just sucks at math.

7. upperdecker

upperdecker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    That stuff was extremely nasty. SWIM may be feeling a lil effect coming on now.

8. Shiacmkmleer

Shiacmkmleer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIY would need to say how far he wants to go...

9. bewilderment

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Okay, I'll do the run down of some math for swiy. Swim says that she had a little trouble figuring out such things at first, but once you actually work things out it's just simple arithmetic.

I can't find out how many doses there's supposed to be in the max version. I've calculated the amount of DXM found in there a few times, but I can't seem to find the necessary info at the moment. But, I can deduce a figure from some more information I found (it usually isn't this complicated):

The regular zicam cough mist is .75 fl. oz. and says that it contains 30 adult doses. It also says that each dose is 3 sprays. One can conclude that the amount of sprays in a bottle is the said amount of doses (30) multiplied by the dose (3 sprays) so there are 90 sprays in the bottle.

Now, the Zicam max comes in the same .75 fl oz. bottle and says there is 6.0mg of DXM per spray. The amount of sprays in the bottle should be about the same as the regular zicam because it's the same amount of mist and the same amount of sprays. So, the amount of sprays in the bottle (90) multiplied by the amount of DXM said to be in each spray (6) so that equals 540mg of DXM. (as I side note I've previously said that the max version contains less than the nite, but now I don't think that's true. I believe the max version used to be in a .55 fl. oz. bottle instead of the .75 oz. bottle, at least in my location, but see online that it does come in the .75 oz. version).

Now, once again referring to the handy dandy "FAQ" the dosage range for the different plateaus are as follows (although some people differ): First:1.5-2.5 mg/kg; second 2.5-7.5 mg/kg; third: 7.5-15 mg/kg; and fourth:>15mg/kg.

If swiy doesn't use the metric system and only knows his weight in pounds then again, saying that "x" is the number of pounds swiy weighs, just go to google and type in "x pounds to kilograms". If swiy took the whole bottle and thus 540mg then swiy can divide 540 by swiy's weight in kilograms to find out what plateau he should be hitting. He can then read about the different plateaus to find out if he would like to raise or lower the dosage in the future, and the description of plateaus is once again found in the "FAQ" on this page: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_experience.shtml#toc.5

10. duncdunc68

duncdunc68 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from england
    If you can't be bothered to learn to extract I'm suprised you can be bothered to type your blurb? Seriously, once you know how to extract you can do the same for other chem's/plants. A little knowledge goes a long way in this field.

11. bewilderment

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    There's really not much of a need to extract with the zicam product as it's already a very concentrated product (it's a spray so it would need to be). It contains 540 mg of DXM Hbr in .75 fl. oz. which is just about a shot glass full of liquid, or just a little over.

My friend, swim, never bothered to try out an extraction so long as this product was available. But, she finally went ahead and bought the needed extraction materials and went through the process a little while back when she wanted to test to see how her tolerance level was doing. She found that in her area, there had come to be a suspicious lack of products which contained only DXM. She went to about four drug stores nearby to discover that they no longer carried some of the old products such Zicam Max Nite (which is what she used to use because the regular Zicam Max is only available in .55 fl. oz. bottles and thus contained a significant amount less than those in the .75 fl. oz. bottles). The Zicam Max is still available, but not in the larger bottles so she would be required to buy two which is more than swim would like to pay. After she figured she'd go ahead and do the extraction, she also noticed that none of the stores carried Robitussin Cough so she had to go ahead and get Robitussin DM which also contains guaifenesin (but that is extracted out, of course).

But, swim agrees that it can still be helpful to learn the rather simple extraction process as a learning experiment.

12. saintsfan

saintsfan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o Male
    Well swim uses anything that says dxm on it and would like some advice on mucinex dm. Swim has Mucinex dm and it say 30 mg of dxm and then 600 mg of [SIZE=-1]Guaifenesin and today swim took 9 of these and was fine. He started with 5 then took the rest throughout an hour and it was awesome. The pills are half white and half yellow and he wonders if he can seperate the yellow and white and if one might be the dxm or what.
    [/SIZE]

13. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Why doesn't SWIY use a product containing DXM as it's only active ingredient? It's not like they're hard to come by...

14. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Agreed. SWIM should look for straight DXM as the ONLY active ingredient. Guafenesin can cause nasty stomach cramps and a case of the runs similar to projectile-vomiting - only from the other end. Yuck! Some of the other actives in other mixtures available can prove fatal.

15. AKornDawg1257

AKornDawg1257 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Swim has the same pills and swim thought the same thing too. Swim thinks that maybe the white is DXM because the yellow takes up most of the pill and Gaufensin is 600mg while DXM is only 30mg...

16. mouthwater

mouthwater Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    While SWIM agrees, it's important to note that some users prefer the disassociative + antihistamine combination. Any users attempting this combo should be fully educated on the effects of chlorphenamine maleate and the risks involved in using the substance recreationally and in combination with other drugs.

17. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    A light does of first-generation antihistamines (ie, diphenhydramine (benadryl) or CPM) is a good thing to ease into a DXM trip. More modern anthistamines are a huge negatory - taking Claritin or Allegra with DXM could be very dangerous. Tell your test subjects to be very careful.

Large doses of deliriant antihistamines with DXM is a very bad combination. At best, one will have a really bad trip; at worst, one will puke violently more than once.

ECL

Tags: