Experiences - Best Kratom For Exams / Concentration?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by KieranA001, Jun 1, 2014.

1. KieranA001

KieranA001 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    23 y/o from U.K.
    Hello,

Now on Tuesday I have an English exam and most of the time I find that I cannot concentrate when I'm doing the exam. It's like 2 hours long and it's a subject I don't enjoy so well... I need a strain of Kratom that will help me concentrate and which will stop me feeling hungry during the exams. I always find I get hungry and get stomach growling which is kinda embarrassing as well hahah

Although I doubt Kratom will help with the stomach problems, I hope you can tell me what strain I should get for the concentration. I need something to help me think or something. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,

Kieran

2. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    I would not recommend kratom for concentration.
    Maybe it helps others concentrate but if anything it makes me less interested.
    Its good for stimulation, i can get the apartment cleaned in an hour but i'm not sure i would class it as a mental stimulation.

3. baselined

baselined Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ian's right, while all the strains have inherently different effects, there is not one magical strain that will aid in concerntration. Your best bet is to have a good, healthy meal beforehand (fruits, veggies, light proteins like fish or chicken), and some coffee.

If you are allowed, perhaps you could bring in a light snack and a thermos to the exam.

I understand where you are coming from, I too am not good at English exams. I tend to "drift-off" while reading (especially uninteresting material), and can read whole pages without absorbing a single bit of information. But kratom is not really the answer.

I would say maybe a small amount of adderall or ritalin, although I am pretty sure the former is not very popular in the UK, and neither are a good idea if you are unfamiliar with them. Plus too much always makes it harder for me to concertrate, best to stick with good food and some coffee.

4. KieranA001

KieranA001 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    23 y/o from U.K.
    Thanks. I ended up drinking some caffeine which did the trick nicely. I can see what you mean about focusing more on what it feels like than focusing on the exam itself. :)

5. Rentzias

Rentzias Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This is a bit OT, but about using amphetamines for performance enhancement.. this used to be done in pro baseball a lot, before the crackdown around 2007 or so.

I've read anecdotes of baseball teams having one coffeemaker labeled "unleaded" (plain coffee) and one "leaded" (with some kind of pharmaceutical amphetamine sprinkled into the coffee grounds.) Hilarious. I could just imagine players vibrating so much it could impair performance, yet can you imagine the energy and focus you'd get from that combo?

There's also "jungle juice" in the NHL, which is something that may or may not contain added stimulants--apparently no one knows the recipe. I have heard some NHL players use Sudafed to get revved up. (Personally I'd never recommend this stuff for anything, though. It causes serious anxiety beyond the prescribed dose.)

As for exams, the only thing I'm experienced with is caffeine, which does seem to help.

6. SuperCaesarKratomSalad

SuperCaesarKratomSalad Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'd actually say a "little" bit of green Riau would help. I use it to wake up and get going I just can't use over like 3g of the stuff, but this is just my personal opinion.