Drug info - Best medication out there for ADHD?

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by pharmycologist, Aug 6, 2011.

1. pharmycologist

pharmycologist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hey ppl,

My friend is going to see his psych, who diagnosed him with ADHD, both types apparently.

Anyway my friend wants to know what type of drugs are the best for this. He has already tried a couple but then went on a hiatus to see if it would stop. He has tried Adderall he said and Vyvanse. He did said he not much care for the Adderall, just made him speedy. He said he did enjoy the Vyvanse, it kept him going all day long nice and focused.

So my friend wants to know if anyone out there has any suggestions that have been around the block and know which is best, for actually treatment, not for him to abuse (well, mostly ;) ).

So any advice for my friend?

pharmycologist added 1273 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Wow, my friend is surprised, over 50 views and not one comment to help him out?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  2. Emin

Emin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    25 y/o from Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Well, those are the two best meds for ADHD. Adderall and Vyv. The only other option is Desoxyn which is prescription meth. If you didn't have many negative effects from the Vyv, I would stick to that.

Have you tried Ritalin? That may be another option. It's all about finding the med that's not too hot, not too cold.

Emin added 16 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

By the way unless it really is your friend, what you're talking about (getting prescriptions) is not illegal. No self-incrimination.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  3. UpperAndDowner

UpperAndDowner Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Ok Here's my pet robot's 2cents regarding this situation:

Option 1: Dexedrine (5mg, 10mg, 15mg) Spansules
    - Last longer than Ritalin (thus, less dosing required)
    More speedy but sketchy calm down stage (perhaps ask the doctor to prescribe Clonidine to combat adverse effects of Dexedrine?!)

Option 2: Ritalin (Methylphenidate HCL <-- the instant release blue 10mg pills)
    - 2x 10 mg after breakfast and 10mg after dinner?)
    - SHORT effects, but easier calm down.
    my dosing is based on SWIM's current experiences and knowledge. But, always talk to your GP, family doctor, physician etc... before taking SWIM's advice or anyone else's!

Option 3: Adderal... Sorry I have no experience with this one!

4. Troussman

Troussman Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    AFOAF has experience with Focalin XR (extended release). It is more conservative and mild then adderall. Worked well for day long concentration and did not have speedy effects often associated with adderall.

5. pharmycologist

pharmycologist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Troussman, the focalin XR thannk you. thats what my friend said he shall look up reports on that. adderalll made my friend way too jitterry an craazy.