Paraphernalia - Best Pipe Stem for Crack: Glass or Metal

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by BeeBadger, Sep 16, 2006.

1. BeeBadger

BeeBadger Newbie

Reputation Points:
    58 y/o
    :crazy Halo Everyone. I was wondering which is the best Stem for smoking crack. I have used glass for many years now. Damn things he said kept breaking, because of the thin glass they use now. SWIM wanted to know that the tire gauge stem they sell, has to be burned, and for how long to lose the metal taste. He would be ever grateful, and Zoned. :beer

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2007
  2. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    swim prefersusing a light bulb,take the metall piece of the end clean it out drill a hoe sligtly bigger than a pen tube in a 2 litter botttel cap atach the cap to the end of the light bulb and then stick a pen tube in the cap still breakable but it works really good all your oils colect in the bottom so its easier to hit

3. LuLu

LuLu Newbie

Reputation Points:
    RE: Best Stem

Hello Bee,

My friend SWIM told me that he uses 3/8" stainless steel tubing that a friend of his that works in a industrial/maintenance area gets for him, but he said you could also get it at hardward stores. I say in his opinion the best screen to use is stainless steel washing machine lint traps, also easy to get. Clean the tubing with hot, soapy water, rinse, run some alcohol through it and it will last & last & last with a cleaning every now and again. The screen needs to be burned, washed and rinsed with alcohol and it will last a while too.

1. 5/5,
      very helpful
      Oct 2, 2006
  4. SPWIM

SPWIM Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Has You seen the Eagle Bill vapourizer? It looks like it could be used to smoke crack.

5. BeeBadger

BeeBadger Newbie

Reputation Points:
    58 y/o
    Thnx Lulu

I have a metal stem also, seems not to leave much resin though. Does the metal absorb the crack? She perfers the glass though, she loves seeing that stem glow white with the smoke.

6. LuLu

LuLu Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hey Bee,
    I say that no, the metal cannot absorb the resin. He also said that if you cool the pipe quickly with ice after each hit and push it, you will get the resin.

7. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    From the rules:

• Use descriptive Topic Subject. This will help others find what they want to read. Topics with bad Topic subjects may be deleted! - there's nothing more annoying than looking at all those stupid "A stupid question" subject lines. I mean, I'm damn lazy, but how hard is it to type "A stupid question about (insert something here)"? As a rule of thumb, most thread titles should include the full name of the drug discussed.

A rule many tend to forget will cause a mass of warnings soon...

Therefore: Thread title edited to include "Crack"

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  8. johnnyko

johnnyko Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    Recently tried a metal tube, seems like the oil prefers glass to metal. With glass seems like the oil immediately runs down the pipe, with metal seems like the oil stays more in the brillo

1. 3/5,
      Please don't necropost, this thread was last posted to 8 years ago.
      Aug 22, 2014
    2. 3/5,
      Not a terrible post, but not worth resurrecting an eight years dead thread for.
      Aug 20, 2014
  9. laron16

laron16 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Prefer metal. Have always use taken apart air gauges (hollow tube when done) perfect size in my opinion.

10. Nosferatus

Nosferatus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from Canada
    On the rare occasion that I used a stem (generally preferred bottle pipes, or glass steamrollers or mini-bongs), I liked glass, it doesn't get as hot, tastes better, and you can see your hit coming. Metal only has availability and durability as real advantages.

11. gennMarkus

gennMarkus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from New Brunswick, Canada
    Best pipe i made using a pill bottle. Like perscription bottle. Like 3-4 inch long and inch n half around. Put hole near bottom. Make tinfoil bowl and let er fly