1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions - Best poppers around?

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by CXTKRS1, Jan 23, 2010.

1. CXTKRS1

CXTKRS1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM is trying poppers for the first time but SWIM is annoyed by the fact their are so many brands around that say they are the best. SWIM was wondering SWIYer's post what brands you have tried in the past and what were the results. Also on poppers since this stuff evaporates as soon as the seal is broken , is it worth buying large bottles or is SWIM better off just buying small bottles?

Thanks.

2. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    The best brand of poppers out there (in my friend Dr. Raoul Duke's opinion) is Jungle Juice. JJ poppers are the real thing, real Amyl Nitrite as opposed to isobutyl and cyclo(headache)hexyl nitrites. The country Jungle Juice is produced in is allowed to manufacture amyl so long as its for the purposes of exporting, and as such, there are many fake Jungle Juices out there, but if you get one in a box, it is likely the real thing. Also is it worth getting a big bottle? Raoul would say yes; properly capped, a bottle of poppers will last plenty long (he doesnt have an exact figure). Dr. Duke hopes hes been helpful, enjoy!

Yail Bloor

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2010
  3. CXTKRS1

CXTKRS1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM thanks you, SWIM has found three or four SWIM might try.

4. cherryboydc

cherryboydc

Reputation Points:
    I have to disagree with the assertion that JJ poppers are made from amyl nitrite. It simply isn't true. I have a friend who works for one of the major manufacturers and he told me that amyl poppers don't exist anymore. The penalty for selling them is too stiff. Amyl is available by prescription only. .

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2010
  5. Yail Bloor

Reputation Points:
    This information is incorrect, SWIY's friend is mistaken. Amyl Nitrite is perfectly legal in some parts of the world, and therefor can be obtained in other parts as well. Do some looking into were JJ Poppers are manufactured, and then look into the laws regarding manufacture of Amyl Nitrite in said country. Do some research before supplying false information. I will however conceed that, in the country SWIY's friend lives in, this information may be correct, but thats only ONE country.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2010
  6. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess

Reputation Points:
    Please be aware that "No Sources" in the rules also includes telling people how to find sources via Internet search engines

7. terryturner

terryturner Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Is it possible to get poppers that are amyl nitrite i remember poppers years ago and they where great nothing like what you get now adays but you see so many advertised on net you never know who is a legit company or legit amyl nitrite product

8. PapaSmokes

PapaSmokes

Reputation Points:
    Swim bought JJ from new york once to see what poppers were. Kinda cheap of a high if you ask me.

9. Yail Bloor

Reputation Points:
    Please read above posts... I honestly can't imagine how you missed the answer to your own question if you read them...

If SWIY bought JJ in New York, U.S.A., it is a very high probability that SWIY purchased a knock-off brand, containing cyclohexyl or butyl nitrite, and bearing a false label. Amyl Nitrite is a controlled substance in the U.S. and anyone selling it would have the FDA on their ass. However, I take it from SWIY's post that this was SWIY's only experience with poppers? Some people don't like poppers period, and therefor the nitrite involved is irrelevant. Does SWIY have any experience with Amyl Nitrite, or any poppers to compare it to (presciption or otherwise)?

10. terryturner

terryturner Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Is good old fashiones amyl nitrite sold by any countries these days,even if just for export?

11. battonbutterfly

battonbutterfly

Reputation Points:
    are these legal in the states? swim looked it up but cant find it, but did find that in the uk they are widely available

12. terryturner

terryturner Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yes but not amyl nitrate there are poppers made with differnet chems but they are nothing like the original amyl nitrate of old

13. RaoulDukeX

RaoulDukeX

Reputation Points:
    oh amyl, how swim misses thee

his heart problems and cyanide poisoning have been getting worse....

14. yonez

yonez Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Amyl Nitrite poppers are still sold in canada. and as far as how long a bottle will last depends on the users frequency , but swim has made bottles last for 2 years but again it depends on the user. some could make it last longer and some will use it up a lot faster.

15. Yail Bloor

Reputation Points:
    Thank you! Someone to back up my information. However, I do believe Amyl Nitrite poppers are MADE in Canada, but not sold here. I could be mistaken, either way, good job.

16. supermil

supermil

Reputation Points:
    try cyclone

17. PapaSmokes

PapaSmokes

Reputation Points:
    They are sold as video head cleaners if you cant find them.

18. Yail Bloor

Reputation Points:
    Thats kind of a useless post... What is cyclone? Elaborate please. Does SWIY mean to say cyclohexyl nitrite? If so, Dr. Raoul Duke feels the need to mention that cyclohexyl has a reputaion for causing headaches.

Not helpful in any way.... No one asked...

Whats up with the useless one liners? Seriously, don't post just to say something unless you have something to say...

19. Yail Bloor

Reputation Points:
    My friend Dr. Raoul Duke is curious, now that this thread seems so active, have any SWIMMERs out there tried Taiwan Blue poppers? If so how did they like it? Dr. Duke has always wanted to try it, but is hesitant to change from something he KNOWS he likes, ie: Jungle Juice. Thanks for any helpfull info in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2010
  20. alexmc

alexmc Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I can vouch for the Jungle Juice brand. It is only available on export from a Canadian company and can be found on the web.

I remember poppers from the late 90s when they were still amyl nitrite. Fast forward to the last few years and all I've been able to find are isobutyl nitrite or similar poor substitutes.

On opening my first bottle of Jungle Juice I was transported back 10 years to 'the good old days'. A warm treacly rush that transports you to another planet for a good minute leaving no headache.

Just made my second order for another 5 bottles. £32 inc postage... about the same as buying isobutyl nitrite from my local head shop!