1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Opinions - Best study aid? Or what's similar to ritalin?

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by Kerouac, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Kerouac

Kerouac Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Hi there.

The imaginary nerdy being was wondering what would be the best study aid available at the moment?
    The imaginary nerdy being researched MPA a little and whilst it was pretty ok in low doses, something was missing. To him it kinda felt like ritalin/concerta worked slightly better in terms of increasing motivation and focus, for instance.
    The imaginary nerdy being has read about MDPV being used as a study aid but reading all the horrible reports (terrible comedowns, addiction etc) has stopped him from researching the substance.
    Anyways, the question would be as follows:
    What substance (RC or not) would you recommend for those in search of a good study aid (increased focus, alertness, motivation, and no significant comedown)?

2. Dr. X

Dr. X Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'm curious as well. I loved MDPV in extreme moderation before it was banned in the US.
    I used to get so much work done late at night.
    Has anyone found something similar?

3. RaverHippie

RaverHippie Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from New York, U.S.A.
    with regard to MDPV,Threshold doses (just enough to be active) were marvelous for focus and accomplishing what one intends. How much self control can the imaginary nerdy being exercise?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  4. frog

frog Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from france
    Wouldn't the urge to redose MDPV be a big problem though?

5. a-SalviaLover

a-SalviaLover Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from guam
    I am currently seeking a similar ritalin alternative. His investigations brought to his attention these two RCs: ethylphenidate and 2DPMP. The 1st one is a homologue of methylphenidate and is deemed to have stronger effects. It is produced in the blood when one ingests ritalin with alcohol some Research Chemical vendors are currently offering it. The latter (2DPMP) was researched alongside methyphenidate for treatment of ADD, but it has been discontinued as it was too long lasting. One should be cautios with it as there are reports of one beeing unable to sleep by ingesting less than 20 mg.

I haven't tested these yet, but plans to order some of them to investigate.

6. YIPMAN

YIPMAN Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from portugal
    Valid point, my Iguana says. At least was a huge problem for the reptile.
    1st trials were ok, but after that...Oh no, no.. certainly a self-control issue, but thats the main weak spot of this particular herbivorous genus of lizard.

Not really strong, but considered mild and suited as a study aid: Green Tea!

7. Terrapinzflyer

Terrapinzflyer MDMA, RC & News Forums Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  8. Dr. X

Dr. X Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Depends on one's self control.
    If you have strong willpower, it's not a problem at all.
    Unfortunately, most people have a hard time resisting MDPV, hence it's new legal status in the US...

9. Kerouac

Kerouac Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    The imaginary nerdy being has recently tried some ethylphenidate. A dose was around 8-10mgs x 3 (every 2 hours) = 24-30mgs in total. There was a definite increase in sociability, a slight mood elevation, and a weak urge to do something. The nerd didn't find it particularly suitable for studying at this dose, but couldn't decide whether he dosed too low or perhaps too high. Interestingly, there was a quite rapid crash, which wasn't too bad but certainly made the imaginary nerdy being a little anxious and sad. Furthermore, it was almost impossible to stay focused afterwards although he felt physically stimulated for quite some time.
    What do you think would be the best solution here? Should he take smaller doses every hour maybe?

Well, let me know what you think so that I can pass it on to the imaginary nerd.

Kerouac added 2 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Sorry, forgot to add that usually a 36mg concerta pill (or like a 10mg ritalin x 2) does the trick for the imaginary nerdy. What would be the equivalent with ethylphenidate?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  10. Lady Codone

Lady Codone Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  11. TheSquareRootOfaKilo=Me

TheSquareRootOfaKilo=Me Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from latvia
    2-fa hands down.

12. bretted432

bretted432 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o from Canada
    For me, I study on a mixture of Kratom leaf and extract, whilst puffing on my e-cig to keep me going... Smoking and kratom always help to keep me focused. I'm sure it doesn't compare to prescription drugs, but it's safe and legal (for those who have no 'script.

13. Joel2k11

Joel2k11 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Methiopropamine always made my monkey very productive. Smooth come up, no euphoria, and very little comedown or urge to redose.

Etyhylphenidate is another obvious choice, being and analogue of Methylphenidate, but my friends tell me they always found it kind of dirty feeling, and hard to focus while being under the influence of it.

14. Drugfreekid

Drugfreekid Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Not Disclosing
    Methipropamine is what i would suggest. Obviously everyone thinks of ethylphenidate when they see Research Chemical next to methylphenidate. It. Is a stimulant in the most basic sense that does not produce euphoria which seems to be a distraction sometimes when studying because you want to do this and that and smoke and fuck shit up lol. Methiopropamine will have the basic stimulant profile without any real disadvantages such as short half life, constant redosing, distracting euphoria and a speeding like mind state. Worth a try but be warned it a research chemical so you are taking unknown dangers. Good luck and stay safe.

15. wrestlin165

wrestlin165 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    2-FMA has had terrific results for friend's misbehaving poodle, very similar to adderall.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  16. Dr.Evil

Dr.Evil Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Another good one is Armodafinil. It is a prodrug (broken down into active drug modafinil). Modafinil is a "wakefulness enhancing agent". It isn't a true stimulant but I felt increased focus, stamina, without the jitters that can be associated with stimulants type dugs (-phenidates, amphetamines, etc...).

It is unregulated in the US so you can order it off the internet. It is generally pretty safe, but because of the way it is broken down into active drug it shouldn't be taken for more than 3 months straight at any one time without getting your liver enzymes checked.

17. EnigmaticCore

EnigmaticCore Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If you try this start with a lower dose of Kratom. For a lot of people nicotine and Kratom interact to make them very nauseous.

I recommend this. On top of the nootropic effects, the low side effects make it the ideal candidate. It has a big history of this type of thing. On the same note, look into Nuvigil and Provigil.

18. Zyanide

Zyanide Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    You're thinking of Adrafinil.

"Adrafinil (CRL-40028, Olmifon) is a mild central nervous system stimulant drug used to relieve excessive sleepiness and inattention in elderly patients. It is also used off-label by individuals wishing to avoid fatigue, such as night workers or others who need to stay awake and alert for long periods of time.
    Adrafinil is a prodrug; it is primarily metabolized in vivo to modafinil, resulting in nearly identical pharmacological effects. Unlike modafinil, however, it takes time for the metabolite to accumulate to active levels in the bloodstream. Effects usually are apparent within 45–60 minutes when taken orally on an empty stomach."

Armodafinil is essentially the same as Modafinil, except it only contains the active R isomer of the racemic drug Modafinil.
    If my memory serves me correctly, I remember reading an article that suggested the S isomer is also active, however has a much shorter half-life and is excreted out of your system very quickly.

Armodafinil has been a perfect nootropic/study-aid for me, improves motivation + focus for sure.
    I would not say it's similar to ritalin at all, but I never get a crash from it (which I do from Ritalin, Ethylphenidate etc)
    Any dose higher than 100mg seems to give me slight headaches, it doesn't really matter as ~50mg already does the job for me.
    It's also dirt-cheap, which makes it affordable for a student like me - not to mention ~50mg (around 1/3 of a pill) lasts at least 6 hours for me.
    I've read reports on people taking a small dose every morning as a nootropic and has worked wonders.

Ethylphenidate is another excellent choice. For me it works best at 20-30mg, anything higher than 50mg I start to get jittery and it's pretty annoying.
    It improves my memory and focus massively, my motivation would be sky-high.
    The effects are almost identical to Methylphenidate/Ritalin, highly recommended.
    Although it does has it's downsides, it only lasts 3-4 hours with a crash afterwards, you can build a tolerance to it, and from time to time insomnia.
    I have known people that are almost addicted to this thing, both psychologically and physically despite all they did was taking it to study purposes. There's definitely abuse potential when it comes to Ethylphenidate, be careful.
    Only use it for emergency purposes, such as having a 10k words essay due in the next day :)

Remember, coffee works wonders too - and it's so god damn tasty.