Question - Best way to acquire the ingredients to make pst for someone in london, ontario, canada.

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by plutis, Jan 23, 2018.

1. plutis

plutis Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    is it best to order online, or is it better to find some kind of local place that would carry what you need? very new have never got it before.

2. Cid Lysergic

Cid Lysergic Pill Popping, & Acid Dropping, Dope-Headed Guy Silver Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from Calgary, Alberta
    What is "pst"? What are you trying to find? Buying on the internet offers lower prices, but higher risk of not getting what you are wanting, getting something defect, or not receiving anything at all. It's a gamble. Stores allow you to view the product before purchasing (like a refrigerator for example), but you are also paying for the salesman's salary, to have the lights on, etc with the higher prices they want.

3. plutis

plutis Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    oh Poppy Seed Tea, I just used pst cause saw other people using that acronym

4. Shampoo

Shampoo entity of sorts Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    from france
    We do not do source discussion outside of the source forums on DF. If the question is: "is online purchasing better than in-store?" then this thread may remain open - but no specific sources or prices may be discussed, as per the rules.

5. plutis

plutis Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Oh yes, that was my question. online vs. in-store and if there are people with experience from this area-London Ontario.

6. la fee brune

la fee brune Turd Kicker Titanium Member Sponsor

Reputation Points:
    from Cowtown
    I can't give you any information or advice specific to your area, but I can tell you that price doesn't necessarily indicate "quality" when it comes to poppy seeds. You may want to hunt around and compare prices. I've seen the exact same seeds I use (Bob's Red Mill) selling online at prices that were exponentially higher than what I pay for them. I've gotten really great seeds online, but nowadays, I just get Bob's at the grocery store, because it's convenient to get my weekly supply along with the rest of my groceries, and they're consistently "good." If you're willing to experiment a little, you may want to try some of the no-name brands out there, because those tend to be dirt cheap.

As far as I know, it's okay to discuss sources, if they have brick-and-mortar stores. Wal-Mart is one example. I believe that brands are also okay as long as they are available at these types of stores. Perhaps @Alfa could offer some clarification.

7. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Brands of poppy seed that are sold in stores as food are acceptable to talk about.

Bob's Red Mill used to be my stand-by brand, consistently potent and a great price, at least in the US.

In Toronto, there are probably bulk seeds in a ton of different ethnic shops. But I'd go Bob's if you can get it.

Don't buy them in any quality under 200g, you'll be paying a huge markup on anything less.

8. plutis

plutis Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    hmm ok so bob's red mill is a food company that is carried in different stores, so If I want to go pick some up, I need to find a store that carries bob's products. I have a map on here of stores near me, but just because it carries bob's is does that mean that it will have that product? or will it vary from location to location?

And the product I want, will it just be Papaver somniferum poppy seeds? And can I be sure that any Papaver somniferum by that company will be the proper, unwashed seeds I want? thanks !

there's a wall mart pretty close by me so I'm guessing its a safe bet to go there for it?

9. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    For your first paragraph... Go find out! Call them and ask.

Probably. That's where food seeds come from, but they aren't labeled. As has been said, you're going to need to try this out. It might take multiple experiments to find seeds that are worth using. There's a decent chance you won't find seeds potent enough to be bothered with. Most of the seeds I have bought over the years were crap, would have required multiple pounds to be effective. Frankly the above-mentioned brand was the only source of seeds I ever bought more than once.

Honestly, go read the kratom forum, it's a superior substance in every way. All the benefits, much smaller dose, and much, much, safer. There is a great guide to buying it at the top of the forum, start there.

PST is neat, but it's gross, a pain to find good seeds, a pain to make, and far more addicting. Now that kratom is easily found online at a much more reasonable cost per dose.

10. plutis

plutis Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Haha yeah sadly I've been addicted to Kratom for a long time, wanna try out pst for something new and a possible back up for emergencies. Found some at a convenient location near me gonna try it out soon

11. Little Wing

Little Wing Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from UK
    I used kratom for ages but last year they banned it in the UK, so I've been forced to try poppy seed tea! :(

12. Pobdab87

Pobdab87 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from Toronto, ON, Canada
    I feel like PST doesn’t work or every time I’ve tried it it must have been a shitty batch or something. I’ve put half a kilo in a pot, let it sit, and absolutely zero effects. I know people who have told me that they’ve experienced the same effects as other opioids but I just don’t see it. Maybe my tolerance is just too high but with the number of times I’ve tried it and got nothing out of it I’ve just stopped trying. I’d much rather just buy kratom in bulk

13. Little Wing

Little Wing Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from UK
    ^I haven't felt anything from PST yet but I'm peservering, trying different brands and amounts

you say you let it sit - I don't think that's a good idea. The best method as far as I'm aware is to shake the seeds vigorously in water for a maximum of 5 minutes. Then drain and repeat with new water (the second wash)

14. Pobdab87

Pobdab87 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from Toronto, ON, Canada
    When I say I let it sit it was for just a few min. Shake it and let it sit for a few just to get the “stuff” off but like I said, never did anything